Fashion & Style

Be Fashigeous!

The Femme Lounge Fashion Patrol is here again and this time we are here to tell you how to be fashigeous! Yes you heard right – you can be fashigeous (fashionably gorgeous) with our easy to follow advice:

Here you go!

• When you go shopping for clothes make sure you get something that suits your figure and flatters your shape… get classic pieces and my rule of thumb is that if you have to ask a second opinion about it – it ain’t hawt! Buy only things you absolutely love and can already imagine at least two things to pair it with in your wardrobe
  • Buy fashion magazinesand check out what the models are wearing…the hair dos, make up… you can keep the hot trends in mind that way… you might not want to follow them every inch of the way but you know what is going on and they will help your creative juices flow….
  • Cute clothes are great revealing cloth is not… be stylish and adventurous when shopping for your clothes… stop filling your wardrobe with black under the pretext that it’s a safe colour that goes with everything… the fashionistas have tried to get you to try other colours with all the “purple is the new black”  “green is the new black” fads so even if they haven’t succeeded the idea is that ‘there are other colours out there apart from black’
  • Wear bright colors Like I said before… black is not the only colour out there, now take it further and wear bright colours, it will most likely give you some confidence.. so go after the pinks, yellows, turquoise blues and printed pieces… they will put a spring in your steps…
  • Pay attention to your hair – woven, braided, straighten, curled, coloured…. Anything…. as long as it’s impeccable… and there are all kinds of cute accessories out there like headbands and ribbons to help you!  Dirty hair and hair flying around is not cool and even though coloured hair is great, four or five colours is not! Femme Lounge Fashion patrol is big on hair… horrible hair will ruin the best of outfits.
  • Beauty exists in all shapes and colors….Exaggerate your best parts….you don’t have to have best everything to be gorgeous… but if you have gorgeous eyes, show them with eye shadow and liner… if your hair is gorgeous…. Black… long wavy… show it! If its your nails or legs, teeth or lips the list of best parts is endless… play yours up… and if you are struggling with the fact that nothing about you is beautiful, then you are wrong… ask a girlfriend or male friend what your prettiest feature is… someone trying to get into your pants doesn’t count in this survey.
  • Exercise– yes that dreaded word…. Sit ups, legs up, jogging, skipping…. Do something… you could join a gym or buy an exercise video and work out at home. If doing it alone is boring, get your friends together and exercise together…. It will encourage all of you and the idea of an ‘Exercise Thursday’ with the girls is fab… seriously… everybody can’t have a gorgeous face but EVERYBODY can have a gorgeous body!
  • Watch what you eat! … Don’t starve but honestly cakes, chocolates and ice cream do not help your skin, waist or nothing… so don’t indulge so much. Eat a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables, protein, fruit, moderate carbohydrates and drink plenty of water.
  • Smile – perfect and radiate a bright gorgeous smile. Say hello with a bright go lucky smile
  • Finally a gorgeous attitude beats anything else so -Be Gorgeous with Attitude.Be kind, considerate, polite and respectful whenever possible. And if you remember that someone’s got it worse than you ever can, you have every reason to stay positive!

Now go ye forth and be fashigeous!

Your Fashion Patrol Ronke Eni Akinboye

www.eniiakinbo.co.uk, style@eniiakinbo.co.uk

Click to comment

1. olajingbe@yahoo.com'

sofiya

February 8, 2010 at 7:39 am

love ds piece.i took your advice on point six and found put some pretty uplifting stuff about me.tnx girl

2. yomi_adu@yahoo.com'

Yomi

February 9, 2010 at 10:53 am

a girls perfect guide, lovr it!

3. yomi_adu@yahoo.com'

Yomi

February 9, 2010 at 10:53 am

a girls perfect gude, love it!

4. Talk2nan@yahoo.com'

Nana

February 11, 2010 at 3:59 am

nice article,i like the exercise part, hard thou

5. aaa@yahoo.com'

Adunni

February 16, 2010 at 5:54 am

i still struggle with letting go of brown and black, especially with bags and shoes.they are ever so safe!

6. jumoyeh@yahoo.com'

Jlove!!

February 19, 2010 at 1:34 am

You got it all right a zillion percent!!!! Orders noted and taken to heart literally.

7. gbemmie21@yahoo.com'

g girl

February 19, 2010 at 2:22 am

this is gr8 stuff.i agree with all of the points. and will follow it
    thanx

8. golda012000@yahoo.com'

Tosan

February 19, 2010 at 3:35 am

Really nice…thanks

9. nwanchukwusandra@yahoo.com'

Sandra Nwachukwu

February 19, 2010 at 5:39 am

just what am girl needs…This is now my Fashigeous guide.
    Thanks for telling.

10. rolake143@yahoo.com'

'Rolake Olagbemi

February 19, 2010 at 11:03 am

Wow!I like d part where i have to ask my peep wat my prettiest features r n to my amazement, hav got lots of them than i can imagine and wudnt ever joke wit them anymore. Thanx for dis beautiful piece.

11. morollahke@yahoo.com'

rolake falana

February 19, 2010 at 2:20 pm

this is just what i needed. its just complete.very good.

12. wanda@talk21.com'

Chidiebube

February 20, 2010 at 4:34 pm

fab piece, God Bless U!

13. oreoluwaabe@gmail.com'

ore

February 23, 2010 at 9:40 am

i lyk d excersise part,it helps.thnks.

14. strictlyonlinebiz@gmail.com'

Udegbunam Chukwudi

February 26, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Fashigeous is one tough word to pronounce especially since I have a lisp ;). Wonderful tips. Do please permit me to add a few of mine.

check out what the models are wearing…the hair dos, make up That’s wonderful advice ONLY for chicks who know to differentiate from high fashion make up and everyday makeup. Some nigerian socialites are going way overboard with their makeup and some even look as though they jumped right off a Christian Dior or John Galliano runway 😉

With regards to smiling, I say if you’ve got a not too flattering dentition like I do, don’t go flashing them without rehearsing in the mirror. Some folks find teeth sexy (I do) and flashing a bad set is a way to get them turned off. I’m grateful to Tyra for the tip Make Your Flaws Work For You. After a month of practicing in front of the mirror, I was able to come up with a rehearsed smile and laugh that didn’t pull too much attention to my 32.

Finally a good imagination is needed to shop well for clothes. I grew up with my imagination to keep me company always and whenever I go shopping for clothes, slippers, etc I can immediately see in the back of my mind how good or awful I would look wearing a particular garb and that decides if I’m buying the clothe or not. I’m even so lucky that I KNOW when I look a hot mess. My imagination too bad 😉

Finally my vices are Dislike for exercise and binge eating especially when I’m depressed. So help me God in getting rid of those.

Just the 2 cents of a complex, vain guy 😉

15. oluwaseun757@yahoo.com'

oluwaseun ola

July 23, 2010 at 8:36 am

Wow! This is so complete, so true! I feel like printing this up like the commandments of Moses &sticking them up my wall.
    May I add, never forget ur invaluable accessory that goes well with attitude- confidence! Always appreciate good compliments with confidence!

Welldone!

16. Pingback: Women, Wine & Diva Delicious! | FEMME LOUNGE ::: Young Women Doing Life Together