Motherhood

Morin Osunmakinde

Someone once said ’’Motherhood is a wonderful responsibility—but it can also be exhausting, confusing, infuriating and downright funny.’’ No doubt, mothers have the toughest job in the whole wide world; everyday comes with new challenges and new perspectives.

My favorite motherhood quote of all times, says “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new’’.  ~Rajneesh

Today Femme Lounge celebrates mothers all over the world and talks to Morin, a young and passionate mother about her journey so far.

Name – Omorinola Osunmakinde

Children – Toluwani (4 years), Tolulope(2+ years ) Toluwade (1year, 2 months)

Tell us a little about you – I am a mother of three children, a wife to one husband and consultant and co-pastor with my husband of five years.

What do you do? – I am a HR consultant with specialty in Customer Service, I also run a makeup and wedding consulting business.

Describe Motherhood in few words – Experiential, humbling, and exciting!

How has motherhood changed your life? – Motherhood has changed me in a lot of ways but majorly it has brought out the responsible part of me out the more.

What are the daily challenges you face as a mother? – As each day comes I realize my children are growing, so I have to keep adapting to their change in attitude and their evolving personalities.

Your greatest strengths that has helped you in being a mother – Trusting them into God’s hands daily.

Your greatest weakness that sometimes doesn’t help – Getting unnecessarily worked up especially, when they begin to have a mind of their own…….and ‘NO!” becomes a frequent word in their vocabulary.

Do you sometimes have fears about your kids? What are the fears, how do you overcome them? – Yes, when they were much younger and could not accurately express what they wanted or what was wrong with them.

Share with us one of your best motherhood moments – When they took their first steps and also when they started to talk.

Share with us one of the most annoying moments you have had as a mother – When any of my kids do anything mischievous…like empting the entire detergent in the toilet bowl…in an attempt to help wash! Or when they empty a whole container of Vaseline or powder on themselves……

What do you enjoy most about motherhood? – The bonding and the fact that you get someone to call you mummy!

What do you enjoy least about it? – When you have them in quick successions, like it is in my own case, it could be very draining, emotionally, physically, and psychologically if you are not well prepared for them.

How has motherhood affected your romantic life? – Of course it will affect it but with an understanding husband like mine you tend to make out time for each other and work around it……but honestly I think the real romance is in the companionship between me and my husband…. children or no children!

What significant life lessons have you learnt on this journey? – Children are gifts from God I am just a caretaker, ultimately I trust the true owner to help me train them up in the way they should go.

What do you think are the success essentials for today’s young mothers? – Don’t put yourself in the motherhood way if you are not ready for it. It requires a lot of preparation; you might have to die to yourself and your agendas for a while. It also requires plenty of unconditional love…….and programming yourself to give your ALL!

Click to comment

1. aaa@yahoo.com'

anon

March 14, 2010 at 7:05 pm

i know for sure its not easy, but it can also be great fun. more grace and wisdom to you morin, you ve got beautiful children

2. aaa@yahoo.com'

Bisi

March 14, 2010 at 7:06 pm

really inspiring! thumbs up morin!

3. aaa@yahoo.com'

owo tade

March 14, 2010 at 7:08 pm

hmmmn. very true! be prepared for motherhood before you go into it, for the good of your child and for your own good too. mothers are indeed golden.

4. nwanchukwusandra@yahoo.com'

Sandra Nwachukwu

March 15, 2010 at 5:29 am

Motherhood is a full time job. God bless all mothers n mothers to be for their timeless susport n care, Amen!
    Happy Mother’s Day!!!

5. yomi_adu@yahoo.com'

yomi

March 15, 2010 at 6:31 am

her kids are adorable !!!

6. bomi@jollynotes.com'

Bomi Jolly @ JollyNotes.com

March 15, 2010 at 7:26 am

Lovely picture! Your kids are really cute.. LOL @ “emptying the detergent into the toilet bowl”… reminds me of when my neighbor’s son ate detergent!! aah motherhood…priceless=)!

7. ekybabe@yahoo.com'

Eno

March 15, 2010 at 7:55 am

Happy mothers day to all mothers out there! Motherhood is indeed a full-time job so kudos to all mums out there holding down a full-time job and also mothering their husbands and children. More strength to us all by God’s grace.

8. fadenyke277@yahoo.com'

Nikky

March 15, 2010 at 8:43 am

ur litle angels r realy cute..

9. oluwatoyinfasina@yahoo.co.uk'

TFAsH

March 15, 2010 at 9:11 am

Mothers are priceless Jewels.God bless mine…adn your of course!!!

10. mulan.mine@gmail.com'

Myne Whitman

March 16, 2010 at 9:49 am

Such a beautiful family. Mothers are the greatest!

11. abioyemi@yahoo.com'

BIODUN

March 17, 2010 at 3:43 am

I am happy for u and ur blessed ones. Its Gods’ grace. just keeping on tx Him all d time.

12. wwjd_ad2j@yahoo.com'

Olabc

March 17, 2010 at 6:32 am

Now, that’s some real life facts! Kinda looking forward to experiencing all that and more, it’s good when u have the right perspective, like Morin. . . It’s all hinged on God!

13. ritamee@yahoo.co.uk'

Rita Agbor-Oduneye

March 22, 2010 at 8:36 am

it’s something ervery woman should experience and love doing…with or without your own children…

14. storkz2k2@yahoo.com'

adeola

March 24, 2010 at 7:15 am

thank you to all mums who luv their kids….its a beautiful thing

15. Hiffie2002@yahoo.co.UK'

Ify olaoti

March 30, 2010 at 6:02 am

It’s not David Beckham or Kanu Nwankwo, It’s MOTHERS!! We are the true players. Imagine juggling career, being a wife and motherhood. Not to mention the spiritual, emotional and psychological aspect, without being paid a dime! Every man must commend their wives. It’s a herculian but wonderful experience.