Everyday Living

Asake, Apeke & Amoke: Who Is A Thief?

Asake: hey babes!

Apeke: what’s up? you are really late today

Asake: yeah, I went to Tare’s office after work.

Amoke: and who is the dude that just gave you a passionate goodnight kiss downstairs?

Asake: you pokenosers! how did you see that?

Apeke: we were peeping through the window!

Asake: that is Tare, he is the guy I have been talking about for one month.

Amoke: he is good looking and looks well loaded too going by his car, it seems you are finally in good hands my friend!

Apeke: why didn’t he come inside? You should have let us meet him and say hi, don’t you want to show of your gorgeous flat mates?

Asake: he was in a hurry to go home to his sick baby. Don’t worry you will meet him at my birthday next weekend.

Apeke: sick baby?  Is he a single dad?

Amoke: or a married man?

Asake: he is married but we love each other.

Apeke: forget it girl, dating a married man never ends well.

Amoke: says who? says who?

Asake: honestly, I am confused too but he said he doesn’t love his wife, that had he met me before he got married he would have chosen me..

Apeke: ha! forget it! that is one lie they all tell!

Amoke: are you saying he doesn’t love her?  apeke you can’t say that for sure, he might be an exception to the rule.

Apeke: love is not the point here, for Christ sakes he is married!

Asake: he said he has never been in love till he met me, he believes I am his soul mate.

Apeke: all these in just one month of meeting him?  And you believe him?

Asake: well, I love him too much to doubt what he says

Apeke: is he planning to leave his wife for you?

Asake: he’s only been married for two years and his wife just had a baby, so he can’t divorce her now, he said I should give him some time.

Amoke: I hope he is taking good care of you financially sha o! If you can’t have all of him you should at least have his money.

Asake: well he is trying, he works with an oil company and he has even promised to help me get a better job

Amoke: good!

Apeke: amoke! why are you so determined to mislead a fellow flat mate?

Amoke: msheww!  apeke you are so naïve! How can you tell her to leave a man who loves her and takes care of her? What have all her single boyfriends given her but heartbreaks? The last one even ran away with her money!

Apeke: that is because she is so gullible to men’s lies and she is about to make the same mistake again.

Asake: abeg stop fighting because of me; I am having a nice time in my relationship o!

Amoke: my dear this is 2010 use what you have to get what you want. I support you.

Apeke: at what cost? Amoke, everything is not about money and you really have to know that at some point in your life

Amoke: well this is about money, love, security, maturity, good look……….all coming from one man!

Asake: I have never loved a man like this before in life, it’s just so unfair that he is married and I can’t have him all to myself

Amoke: its destiny, not everywoman will have a man of her own, some are destined to share other women’s husband, it is destiny and there is nothing you can do about it

Apeke: hehehehe, amoke you will not kill me o! Your old wives fables are so filthy.

Amoke: sorry o, madam goody too good!

Apeke: so tell me, how will you feel if someone is sharing you own husband?

Amoke: when we get to that bridge we will cross it.

Apeke: exactly what I expected you to say, stop deceiving yourself amoke, what is bad is bad.

Amoke: Asake, abeg follow your heart jare, if it leads you to be his mistress then by all means be his mistress.

Asake: he loves me a lot, I can see it in his eyes, the way he talks to me, and treats me with affection and care, but I am really confused.  I want a man I can call my own, that I can dream of living happily ever after with.

Amoke: there is no gain without pain my dear, just focus on the big picture

Apeke: I know you love him, I can see it your eyes that you do

Amoke: yet you tell her to leave him, you contradict yourself girl!

Apeke: amoke can you just shut up for a while, I beg you in God’s name!

Apeke: in this kind of relationship we all know love is not enough, i don’t think you should close your eyes and conscience to this looming disaster.

Asake: you said love is not enough? with love we can work things out and overcome the barriers on our way, its just a matter of time

Apeke: let me ask you a question, and you too amoke.

Amoke: there goes the preacher!

Apeke: a poor man needs money to pay for his daughter’s school fees, so he takes up a gun and comes to your house, takes all your hard earned valuables to pay for his daughters school fees.

He stole to safe his child from illiteracy, that is surely justified?

Amoke: why is he denying other people of their hard earned valuables to safe his own daughter, that is selfish. i think he should go and work hard to make money to cater for his family instead of stealing.

Asake: it is wrong to take what doesn’t belong to you, no matter the excuse.

Amoke: so what is the head and tail of your story?

Apeke: asake is just like that theif!

Asake: say what?

Apeke: no matter how much you need or love a married man, it is wrong for you to have him because he belongs to another woman. Whatever excuse you give can never be justified, as long as he is married to another woman, you should not have him.

Asake: remember he was the one who asked me out first,  i didn’t go chasing him

Apeke: yeah, you can’t  change him from being an unfaithful bastard, but you can choose not to be the thief he cheats with.

Asake: I am even more confused now

Apeke: its not complicated, just think about it with your church mind, the world will be a better place if we all use our church minds.

Apeke: amoke? won’t you say something?

Amoke: hmmnnn! no comments, I am asleep.

Apeke: exactly what i thought you would say.

© Femme Lounge

Photo Credit: Jennifer Borton

Click to comment

1. ayinkebon@yahoo.com'

Bolu

May 9, 2010 at 2:53 am

Very true. Love the write up. Beautiful !!!

2. ogo.okonji@gmail.com'

Ogochukwu

May 10, 2010 at 2:35 am

Interesting…and so on-point too.
    lol @ “its destiny, not everywoman will have a man of her own, some are destined to share other women’s husband, it is destiny and there is nothing you can do about it”

Moral of the story “no matter how much you need or love a married man, it is wrong for you to have him because he belongs to another woman. Whatever excuse you give can never be justified, as long as he is married to another woman, you should not have him.”

3. tolu_cutie85@yahoo.com'

abosede

May 10, 2010 at 3:30 am

I strongly believe that for every woman there is a man for her, it just takes patience and discernment. We ladies are too precious to be used as substitutes.

4. beautyay@yahoo.com'

Beauty Fabulous.

May 10, 2010 at 8:41 am

If the world of men..for a woman of faith who needs her own husband, God can create him…
    Meaning with God all things are possible. I don’t believe God who instituted marriage will watch by and let our single sisters become the other woman, that’s lie from the pit of hell.

Lastly to all my singles sisters out there: Whatever God cannot do, let it remain undone.
    God help us all, Amen.

5. tolu_cutie85@yahoo.com'

abosede

May 10, 2010 at 9:13 am

@beautyfabulous, i strongly agree with you, single ladies, wait for your time. lol, i guess am talking more to myself.

6. aderonke4u2003@yahooo.co.uk'

Aderonke

May 11, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Pls single ladies out there,it’s so unethical for u to go for married men.There’s an adage in yoruba which says:”Pasan ti afi na iyale on be laja fun iyawo”,This is to say what goes around comes around.Pls beware of this married men who claims to love u with the sole aim of sleeping and dumping u afterwards.BE WISE,SINGLES OUT THERE.

7. aderonke4u2003@yahooo.co.uk'

Aderonke

May 11, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Beautiful write-up,God bless u.

8. ojams1129@yahoo.co.uk'

Yemisi Mafe

May 11, 2010 at 3:02 pm

What goes around, comes around. If you date a married man, your hubby will cheat on you when you get married as well. Ladies, let us watch each other’s back by being our sister’s keeper. The world is peopled by loads of credible single guys who will give that joy and companionship you desire, stay away from that sista’s man.

9. efomois@yahoo.com'

Efomo

May 11, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Nice write-up, every lady should know that there is a man out there for her, no need to degrade urself by being a thief…..

10. sylviachima@yahoo.com'

Sylvia

May 11, 2010 at 7:17 pm

m sooo lovin this, i believe for every man God created a woman and likewise so it all boils down to patience if i must say

11. helenow@mtnnigeria.net'

Ome.

May 12, 2010 at 1:59 am

Do unto others what you want done to you. Dating a married man is stealing the other woman’s happiness. No matter the reasons he give when he comes to you,it still translates to stealing n breaking a home. So pleaae ladies let’s be our sister keepers and shun off those married men when they come to us cos we don’t want to break a home which we pray for ourselves.

12. bb_bola2@yahoo.com'

Labim

May 12, 2010 at 3:54 am

I agree totally with Apeke, Love is not enough to get anyone through this type of senario, and the married man u think loves u head over heels now, will do this same thing he is doing to his wife to you when u get in there as the wife.
    remember stolen water is sweet, but will purge ur guts out soon. There’s absolutely no excuse to get involved with a married man. Wait on God from whom all good and perfect gifts commes, He’ll give u yours in good time.

lovely story.

13. chiliz722@yahoo.ca'

Liz

May 12, 2010 at 4:46 am

I love the write-up.
    We live in such an egocentric world that what motivate people to do the things they do is selfishness & expediency.
    If only we lived by the eGolden Rule, the world will definitely be a better place.

14. yomi_adu@yahoo.com'

Yomi adu

May 12, 2010 at 5:58 am

too much drama on top someone elses’ husband o, nice! what is bad is bad, however you look at it

15. ekybabe@yahoo.com'

Eno

May 12, 2010 at 6:14 am

Great write-up! And it hits a sore-point I know so many of us women have(both single and married)..it is true that there is always the fear of husbands cheating on their wives, but if single ladies have a conscience and watch out for their married sisters by not cheating with their husbands, the world will surely be a better place.

At the apponted time, God will surely give you your own husband. God bless!

16. bj4shortus@yahoo.com'

Oguntimehin bolaji

May 12, 2010 at 6:15 am

Once a guy is married,he should left alone to sort out his problems with his wife.Nice write-up,love it.

17. jide_printserve@yahoo.com'

Jide

May 12, 2010 at 7:49 am

My dear sister Ashake, I can tell you that what you feel for the man is not real. You are just surfering from chronic infatuation. It only shows to me that you have not guarded your heart diligently enough and as a result have allowed some loose pig toy with your precious heart. My sincere advise is that you disengage immediately and pray for God’s forgiveness and ask Him to cleanse your heart of all polution.

18. titilayo714@yahoo.com'

Olajumoke Opemuti

May 12, 2010 at 8:05 am

Hmnn…it’s a known fact that not everybody can marry or will marry,some will have to share another person’s husband.For asake,she should not be carried away.the man will definitley come to his senses and realises he loves his wife after all and then dumps her (asake).She should be sensible and use her head.

19. mawrinola@yahoo.com'

morin

May 12, 2010 at 9:31 am

beautiful and intriging….. a lesson from abigail… am sure when david met her he like her she was her kind of woman… a woman with a sweet and humble personalty..fit to be a queen..but he didn’t follow his instincts just allowed things to play out itself….eventually god dealt with nabal and immediately david sent for her to be his wife…she did without hesitation……young ladies this story isnt only applicable to married situation alone also for those who are in a relationship….even if in your mind you’re wondering what that guy/lady is doing with such a partner..maybe like nabal…who was evil in his ways…as long as they are still in a relationship you dont help god by forcing yourself on the guy /lady….which might lead to a breakup…..always put urself in the other persons shoes! selah!

20. virtues8614@yahoo.com'

kemi

May 12, 2010 at 12:10 pm

for whatever reasons a single girl might have to date a guy…a married guy is NOT an OPTION,remember the same soft and sweet words hes saying to you ,dat you are jelling for, were said to his wife before they got married.time is always a revealer of things ..in no time ,he will be saying those words to someonelse again.just one basic thing hes after YOUR BODY…RUN.and wait patiently for YOUR OWN HUSBAND.

21. otibaby2002@yahoo.com'

lucy

May 12, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Great Write-up.Hmmm sweet nothings. Asake please open your eyes and see the hand writing on the wall.He WON’T leave his wife. Don’t get carried away.I know it is not easy but the truth has got to be told,”WHAT IS BAD IS BAD”. Yours will definately come, patience is a virtue.

22. no.limit@ymail.com'

NoLimit

May 12, 2010 at 4:25 pm

May the good Lord give every Asakes of this world good sense to bail…and the Bible calls the Amokes of this world WICKED! it is wickedness to lead another astray…
    The truth is right there staring us all in the face,we all know what’s right from what is wrong…but then…when selfishness kicks in…this is what you get…Great write up…I like the part where she said ” yeah, you can’t change him from being an unfaithful bastard, but you can choose not to be the thief he cheats with.” True talk!!!

23. kike.olufade@gmail.com'

kiks

May 13, 2010 at 3:12 am

uuuhm…..very interesting and it so happens!i love ds!

24. wwjd_ad2j@yahoo.com'

Olabc

May 13, 2010 at 6:55 am

Sometimes, what appears simple could really be harmful. . . It’s best to view situations/circumstances from all angle to save unnecessary head & heart aches! Good drama!

25. teedeeinteriors@yahoo.com'

LANRE

May 13, 2010 at 7:30 am

ITS QUITE COMPLICATED- MARRIED WOMEN DNT TAKE CARE OF THEIR HUSBANDS LIKE OUR MOTHERS DID.

26. ifelana@yahoo.co.uk'

Abiodun

May 13, 2010 at 10:39 am

love it.happened to me

27. jecykeshy@gmail.com'

Jecy

May 13, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I totally agree- what’s not yours should not be found in your custody- no matter how good it may look.

So on point….

28. timasanni@yahoo.com'

Fatima

May 13, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Nice one!

29. kiirushiro@gmail.com'

Sheeze

May 14, 2010 at 6:19 am

Lovely piece of work, wish we all ladies would realize it soon. I t does not happen to single ladies only even to those in stable relationships too. I can concur with her, God give us strength to overcome such temptations.

30. busidoya25@yahoo.com'

KOLAWOLE OLUWABUSOLA

May 14, 2010 at 11:48 am

Thanks for this piece. It is true, DONT BE THE THIEF!!!

31. phunmbi@yahoo.com'

olufunmbi olu-sanmabo

May 15, 2010 at 3:35 am

soooo true.happens evrywhere n evrytym.wat is nt urs simply does nt belong 2 u.som1 else’s husband is simply nt urs no matter wat excuse u give.

32. labakeng@gmail.com'

Bukola Ojulari

May 15, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Asa
    Asake, Asake, Asakeeee….HHHMMMM by the time the infatuation you have for this guy clears off, his wife would have had a third child for him and you would have been used and dumped by him…No matter how much he say he loves you, he will never leave his wife for you. you will only continue to be the second fiddle…married men are all like that…they just need a toy to fiddle with when the occassion arises.. I dont know why some single girls are so wicked…just hang on to a married man hoping and praying he leaves his wife for you…God never answers such prayers…Asake, you better get your acts together now b4 its too late..then all your friends even your chief adviser would be married by the time you realise Tare is just using you.

33. olubusola.abolade@yahoo.com'

Busola

May 17, 2010 at 1:24 am

Thanks for helping me make my decision.

34. fadenyke277@yahoo.com'

Nikky

June 14, 2010 at 10:54 am

uhmm dts intrestin,i think dos husband snatcher wil grab somthin frm dt shrt story.
    @bukola,by dt time it would b 1ce beatn twice shy

35. fadenyke277@yahoo.com'

Nikky

June 14, 2010 at 10:55 am

36. fadenyke277@yahoo.com'

Nikky

June 14, 2010 at 10:55 am

@bukola,by dt time it would b 1ce beatn twice shy

37. movswkeiz@gmail.com'

Titia

April 16, 2013 at 11:52 am

I intended to put you a very little remark so as to thank you yet again on the pretty information you have discussed in this case. It has been really incredibly generous with people like you in giving publicly what exactly some people would have made available as an electronic book to end up making some money for themselves, and in particular seeing that you might well have tried it if you ever considered necessary. Those basics additionally served like the easy way to fully grasp that someone else have similar eagerness the same as my own to understand way more in terms of this problem. I’m certain there are a lot more pleasant times ahead for folks who discover your blog.