Real Women Real Issues

Help! I Got Caught Blogging About My Boss’ Extra Marital Affair

Do you or do you know somebody that has a question or an issue and will like to have other women’s opinion on the matter? Please, send it to info@woman.ng for our Real Women, Real Issues series. (Identity will not be revealed)

Today, a young woman share with us her experience as an anonymous blogger at risk of losing her job.

secretblogger

I started a new job as a Personal Assistant to a small company’s CEO last year after a very long time of being unemployed. For about six months last year, he was involved with an intern in the office and it was such a big gist in the office, everybody knew.

Around that time too I started blogging anonymously so I decided to write about it. I gave details about the intern, my boss and some other workmates, I didn’t know the details  were so obvious  for someone to know who I was talking about, and I thought I was well protected by the cloak of anonymity.

SEE ALSO: Help! My Husband Was A Serial Rapist!

Unfortunately for me, the man’s wife is also a blogger and when she read the post she was able to put the pieces together and she knew it was her husband.

Anyway she accused her husband, who in turn has been threatening to sack one of my colleagues  that everyone think did it. She talks a lot and that makes her the number one suspect.

I feel really stupid giving out so much details on the blog and very guilty that someone else’s job is on the line for my offense. If I confess I will lose my  job, if I don’t she will lose her’s.

If you like this post, share it! Someone you know needs it. Use the buttons below.

Follow us on Facebook – Woman.NG, Twitter – @WomanNG, and Instagram – woman.ng for more updates.

1. yomi_adu@yahoo.com'

mii

January 26, 2011 at 11:02 am

lolz wowh! sorry for laughing but this is a very funny situation, i think you should still tell the truth, for the sake of the other amebo girl that is about to lose her job, its gonna be hard but truth pays on the long run. 🙂

2. talktotana@yahoo.com'

tana

January 26, 2011 at 11:12 am

this is really hard , i think you should write an email or send a text or something to your boss’ and explain everything, saying you are sorry for sharing all her info. he might just be touched by how appologetic u are, and forgive you…after all the deed is already done

3. sadealoba@yahoo.com'

SA

January 26, 2011 at 11:26 am

o boy 🙁 you are in deepsh**T!

4. capishe@thuglove.com'

Its simple

January 26, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Its simple.. just tell your boss its someone on twitter who wrote it and that this person did so based on stories she heard from her friends who work in the company. Then open a fake twitter account with the mysterious ‘bloggers name’, load up a random picture and try to get some followers. Put ur blog as the person’s url addy and some tweets about ‘different stories from the work place’..

Better still, ur boss shld trust you as his PA. tell him the office rumours confirm that the girl didn’t write it but that you will try and find out who did. Then just keep posting him everytime he asks

5. zeetahilu@gmail.com'

Zainab

January 26, 2011 at 12:46 pm

@Tana, who are you kidding……

6. wemiann@yahoo.com'

wemimo

January 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Heya….am short of words …I keep a diary full of dirty secrets n i Cn imagine wt shit I’ll be in if my friends read it..u know wt? Its hard telling d truth bt I tink u shul let Ur boSs know …cuz I tink if he eventually finds out its u, there will be hell to pay…but r u sure d wife found out d affair from ur blog? Cuz she wuld av mentioned it 2 her husbie …..ok du just follow yr hart jare……

7. dfairygodsister@yahoo.com'

Fairy Godsister

January 26, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Wow!! You sure need help o! I like what It’s Simple suggested but it could get messy…. then again…. I don’t know jor, there are some things that only God can help you sort out!

8. toniawels@yahoo.com'

Tania

January 26, 2011 at 1:13 pm

As hard as it seems, u need to tell the truth. Don’t worry this is just an event in ur life and soon enough it’ll pass.

9. cathyidiong@yahoo.com'

cathy

January 26, 2011 at 1:16 pm

funny

10. cathyidiong@yahoo.com'

cathy

January 26, 2011 at 1:26 pm

may GOD lead u to make the rite confession,not u 4 let the amebo gal cari go maybe u might be doin her a favour? abeg….abeg…..abeg jor ooo mi hand no dey ooooo.

11. bolajuwon2002@yahoo.com'

ayobola

January 26, 2011 at 1:50 pm

u can follow d latter advice of ‘its simple’ and better still, try and tel the truth and pack your bags as you do so. But do not let someone else lose her job.

12. phonelola@yahoo.com'

Bookey

January 26, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Really, how are you so sure it was through your blog that the wife got to know. However, if she was precise about it, i think the other lady should still try to convince her boss that she wasn’t the one. Still keep your cool till deadline! And if the matter is not allowed to lie low by your boss, then you can speak up. Don’t be so fast in admitting, cos it might not be through you.

13. arewa81@yahoo.com'

omo'ba adeteju atanda-ajimotokan

January 26, 2011 at 3:34 pm

If the other lady looses her job due to what she is honest about, your conscience will not let you rest. I strongly advise yoy come out with the truth and “let what will be, be”……

14. cigoche@yahoo.com'

cynthia

January 26, 2011 at 3:54 pm

The best thing to do is to tell your boss the truth. Ofcourse, He wouldn’t thank you for it and you may eventually lose your jab but your conscience will be at peace for not letting someone else take the boot.Now,no one needs to tell you to let people be(lesson learnt).

15. immortal6@hotmail.com'

Temi

January 26, 2011 at 4:22 pm

LOL, ok, so the blogger was careless, but hey it happens to the best of us. Confess the truth to your boss, you will never be able to live down the guilt if you knowingly aided in the loss of someone’s job.

16. myne@mynewhitman.com'

myne Whitman

January 26, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I’m sure you won’t be comfortable there if she loses her job, so find a private time and apologise to your boss, he may be more forgiving than you think.

17. modupeogundeji@yahoo.com'

MODUPE

January 26, 2011 at 8:25 pm

It’s simple…COME CLEAN!!! JUST LIKE CLEAN HOUSE!!!

18. sharon.famonure@gmail.com'

sharon

January 26, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I wonder how many of the people screaming: ‘Just Speak Up!’ would be so honest if they were in the same situation.

19. enybeejesus@yahoo.com'

Enobong

January 26, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Interesting Sharon, you’re right, a lot of us won’t speak up especially now jobs are scarce Ąπϑ the babes sees this job as her survivor after being at home for a while.

I actually own a blog and at one time poured out my heart about office matters and one of my bosses saw it and told me he’s seen all I wrote on my blog(followed mine anonymously too). I felt like sinking eventhough it wasn’t that bad and he wasn’t scolding me but it taught me a lesson.
    However, Babes the TRUTH is best told than hoard it.It may not be through this blog she got to know, tell me,how did his wife get to see this blog? How? Just curious? Since you feel this guilty babes, I would advise that you either pray it dies down or pray God gives you favour before your boss to not fire ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊(he may eventually repent,‎​ℓ☺ℓ)

20. uzomauzoamaka@yahoo.com'

amy

January 27, 2011 at 10:19 am

Reading dis….u dnt strike me like sm1 who ll kip quite nd anoda looses her job for wat she knws nothing about cos u ve a concscience nd it dealing wit u already..i knw its difficult but d earlier d beta…sorry

21. ebelenzewi@yahoo.com'

Eby

January 27, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I think you should keep quiet about it.
    May be the amebo girl has to learn how to keep her mouth shut the hard way. Afterall its not like you told your boss’ wife, she found out herself. So pls spare yourself the guilty conscience. Your boss should be ashamed of his action not you.

22. unyimek2007@yahoo.com'

Unyime-Ivy King

January 28, 2011 at 10:38 am

Hmm-dilemma. Personally, I have a pathological dislike 4 men who cheat on their wives making a fool of them, n the women who conspire with them. Your boss had it coming 4 being a cheat n I hope he suffers 4 his deceit! You did not tell his wife, n she may not even have found out from ur blog, unless u have undisputed evidence 2 prove she did. From stories I’ve heard, most of these women have their informants right there in their husbands offices. I don’t know what d labor laws stipulate, n in what country this happened, but I don’t think u can sack somebody based on such a flimsy reason. Let d amebo girl challenge d decision in court! Maybe d company is a one man biz n ur boss calls all d shots-if not, he shouldn’t punish someone else 4 his ownm indiscretions. If he was foolish enough 2 flaunt his affair b4 everyone in d office, he should swallow humble pie n face d consequences of his infidelity n not look 4 a scapegoat 2 take d fall. My dear, confess nada! There is a God, who fights injustice n He shall surely rise up inm this case,

23. cigoche@yahoo.com'

cynthia

January 28, 2011 at 4:32 pm

The fact that its a trend for people to do wrong stuff doesnt make it okay.fine you may want to save your job for now and not own up but trust me,i’v seen people who voluntarily resign from situations like this cos they couldnt live with the guilt.just follow your heart.jobs may be hard to come by but there’s no guarantee that you can’t get another.

24. tosanj@yahoo.com'

Tosan

January 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm

But come to think of it, how are you sure that the wife found out about it from the blog. She will still have know anyway in the long run.
    What reason will the man give for sacking the other lady? Who send the man sef?

25. sadeadu23@yahoo.com'

Adu 'Sade

January 29, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I can imagine how the whole situation will be like for you. Being unemployed for a long time and now this opportunity looks like it’s slipping off, but all the same i feel you should say the truth and believe God for something better.

26. baraal15@gmail.com'

Culturesoup

January 29, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Whether you confess or not, I think it’s best you start looking for another job right away because you’re now too involved in your boss’ personal life and even if you dodge this bullet, your identity could still be revealed later on if you’ve also blogged about other people in the office.

For the current situation, i think you should wait for a bit to see what happens. The boss might end up not firing anyone after he cools off a bit. If he is intent on doing so, it’s a matter of your conscience whether you let the other woman take the fall or whether you own up to it. Alternatively, you could “communicate” with the wife using the same blog she stumbled upon and ask her to plead with her husband.

Whatever happens, learn your lesson from this incident.

27. solanre24@yahoo.uk.com'

Sola A.

February 7, 2011 at 4:16 am

Please confess o. Whoever said that doing the right thing is always easy or didn’t have consequences?

28. kikeolarewaju@yahoo.com'

kike

February 7, 2011 at 6:53 pm

What a shameless boss he is……u better kee quiet….. The accused lady should sue d boss if he fires her..what evidence does he have against her( if she knows her right)…I mean what rubbish is dat..

29. vdrama4god@yahoo.com'

victoria ade

February 9, 2011 at 1:04 pm

dear, honesty is still the best policy. be honest with ur boss.

30. nneky_sifo@yahoo.com'

Nneka

February 10, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Oh Lord, this is a weird situation to be in. I say start Job hunting yet wait for the situation to ease out. See if the other chic gets fired or not.If she REAAALLLYY gets fired. Then you should own up and ask that she be rehired. Owning up now might bite you in the a**, especially if they eventually sweep it all under the rug.

Cheating husband= Dilusional Boss. So he didn’t want to be oust abi? *hisses*

31. kulhally@yahoo.com'

Pretiflo

February 28, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Interesting.. I’m seriously laughing here.
    I feel for you. I would feel bad if someone else gets fired because of me. So i would advice you tell your boss. IF he wants to fire you.. you’ll get another job jo.. Besides.. why should he be cheating on his wife!!!!
    She cant be fired for sth she did not do.. so own up dear.

32. easylifess@yahoo.com'

9jaFOODie

February 28, 2011 at 10:14 pm

waooo… What a conundrum

33. grantwriter119@gmail.com'

Katie Roberta Stevens

June 10, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I had a 12 year affair with my boss and now we’re married! For a long time, I felt ashamed. In all honesty, I’ve had affairs my whole life beginning with cheating on my high school sweetheart with a priest. When I conducted a mid life review, I learned why. My book, My Mother Killed Christ: But God Loves Me Anyway, traces my path to peace and forgiveness. I hope it helps others do the same.