Uncategorized

Tosyn’s 10 Fave Ladies Of 2010 #1

2010 was a BIG year for many Nigerian women in fashion, business, media,…….. We at FemmeLounge were inspired by some of the stories of achievement we heard and read.

Top Radio’s Tosyn Bucknor was inspired by many women last year too and she is sharing with us over the next 3 weeks, her 10 favourite ladies in 2010. We would love to know your favourite ladies of the past year. Share with us in the comments area below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ჱܓ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Girls! Girls! Girls!
Thats a line from … well, a lot of songs!

2010 was a hot year, a lot of things changed and improved and it turns out, the boys club was being beaten!
If the boys were not smiling, well the Girls were not smiling either and a lot of women seized the opportunity to shine last year!
These are for me, my ten favourite ladies from last year!

1. FUNMI IYANDA

Most people who have watched Funmi’s shows on television know that this is one of the most natural talk-show hosts in Nigeria. Her show on NTA was a cult favourite and when she went independent with her own show, TALK WITH FUNMI, i wondered what it would feel like!
I was pleasantly surprised to see her take it away from a studio and to the streets, fields and even farms!

Funmi Doing What She Loves

Funmi Talking With The Ondo State Governor And His Wife

Click to comment

1. tanaologe@yahoo.com'

Tana

January 14, 2011 at 10:54 am

i Love This woman!

2. yomiadu@gmail.com'

Yomi

January 14, 2011 at 10:57 am

nice! Funmi is a great inspiration..i cant wait for #2 woman

3. adunniola@gmail.com'

Adunni

January 14, 2011 at 5:27 pm

This woman inspires me so much I LOVE HER … thanks for this tosyn.

4. perojay99@hotmail.com'

Perosaiyemi

January 14, 2011 at 10:27 pm

When Aunty funmi ended New Dawn, I thought it was a personal mistake, I even argued about that with friends. After watching Talk with Funmi, I agreed with my friends that she knew what she was doing.

Kudos Aunty Funmi, you are an inspiration

5. arewa81@yahoo.com'

omo'ba adeteju atanda-ajimotokan

January 17, 2011 at 10:37 am

yea, i agree this lady is an inspiration to quite a number of us..
    thanks tosyn..for sharing
    waiting for number two
    but much more than that, this article leaves me wth a ?..AM I MAKING ENOUGH IMPACT IN MY WORLD??WEN WILL I ALSO BE A YEAR ……FAVOURITE LADY OF SOMEONE???
    Ladies, i challenge to all be on our feet and also make a difference!!!

6. zeetahilu@gmail.com'

Zainab

January 17, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Aunty Funmi!!!!!!! #NuffRespect

7. Pingback: Tosyn’s 10 Fave Ladies Of 2010 #2 & #3 | Femme Lounge ::: Online Women Magazine Sharing Real Stories From Real Women

8. bola_aina@yahoo.com'

Bolaina

January 25, 2011 at 11:23 am

This is one woman that i respect. One woman who has paid her dues. God bless Funmi Iyanda for being a great example!!..

9. kcool4ever2003@yahoo.com'

backlady

March 3, 2011 at 5:06 pm

i love funmi iyanda……….i would skip classes in school thn to wach newdawn on nta