Real Women Real Issues

She Stole My Idea And Became A Celebrity.

blogger-image--1626827794

I was having a discussion sometime ago with a friend who is a designer and she was so angry about a certain designer who has been copying her designs, I laughed it off and told her she should be happy she is inspiring someone. She didn’t agree. Well, now I know how she felt.

I moved into a new estate like six months ago and I was surprised at the lack of unity in the estate. I like organising things and bringing people together, I do it at church, at work and in my former neighbourhood. So I started planning how we can come together as residents of the estate to organise meetings, activities and kids’ events that will foster unity and a community spirit.
I told my neighbour about it but she dismissed it, she said I should forget it, that she has been living there for a while and she can tell me that it won’t work.

Some weeks later she came to me and asked me sarcastically about my plan, I told her I will start working on it immediately after the two months probation at my new workplace. She listened really well to all my ideas this time but at the end of the discussion she still squeezed her nose and said I should forget it.

Two weeks later, I got a letter inviting me to an estate meeting, she and her husband and two of their friends initiated the meeting. They made a presentation using all the ideas I had shared with her. I was shocked!

After the meeting I went to her and asked why she went behind me to do this, she said she had always had it in mind before I even moved into the estate, and that it doesn’t matter who brought the idea,  as long as it is done we should be happy. I said at least she should have told  me to be a part of the commitee, knowing how much i wanted this, she then said she would rather have married women on the committe. ( i am a single mother)

People love the new development and everyone has been praising her for bringing them together, she is the centre of attraction and a celebrity in the estate now.

This may sound petty to you, but it hurts so badly and it has made me shed tears.

– hurting lady

1. ZeeBmail@yahoo.com'

Bisi

June 13, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Personally, I’ve experienced things like this. Move on. However painful it is, just move.

2. ogo.okonji@gmail.com'

Ogo

June 13, 2012 at 4:48 pm

That’s just mean and totally unfair. The least she could have done was to form a team with you, that you’d both get the “shine”.

I also think you did not get to know your neighbor long enough to see the kind of person she was before sharing your idea with her.

Take heart…..you had the original idea…..you can still come up with new ones……*hugz*

3. nwanchukwusandra@yahoo.com'

nwachukwu sandra

June 13, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Na wa oh!

4. biolaleye@gmail.com'

Abiola

June 15, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, some people out there are like that. I call them thieves.
    As much as it hurts, just move on, ‘release’ her in your heart and put it behind you. She cannot steal your innovative mind from you.

Cheers.

Abiola.

5. yommybabe2000@yahoo.com'

ORI

June 15, 2012 at 4:35 pm

What a world..2 evry1 always pray b4 sharng ur ideas wth any1 nd tke tym 2 study dem..

6. maryanne@mummytales.com'

Mummy Tales - A Kenyan Mom's Blog

June 15, 2012 at 9:00 pm

It’s not petty at all. Some people can be so insensitive and childish. Wanting to steal the thunder from someone else depicts underlying self-esteem issues. Leave here alone and live you life. Especially the part that says ‘wanted married women in the committee’…that alone should tell you enough about the kind of person you’re dealing with.

7. myne@mynewhitman.com'

Myne Whitman

June 16, 2012 at 3:57 pm

This is simply horrible. And saying that about your marriage status? SMH. Please try to move away from this lady.

8. adebolasona@yahoo.com'

Bbee

June 18, 2012 at 2:46 pm

This is human being for you.Trust God and let Him lead you on anything you want to do in life.
    It really hurts, just let go and let GOD. Your gift will definetely make room for you. Just like Isaac, your estate might not be your rehoboth… when you get to your rehoboth, no man will struggle with you.Much love

9. wtblitw247@yahoo.co.uk'

Don

June 18, 2012 at 4:01 pm

No idea is permanent. Execution is key!

10. alicia_davids@yahoo.com'

Afila

July 13, 2012 at 4:21 pm

this is the oldest story in the book of betrayal of friendship. In my experience, whenever an idea originates from u, it is urs and u are the only one that can execute it in the way u conceived it. Don’t worry she’ll run into a hitch along the way and u’ll be the only one that can provide the solution.

11. titilayo714@yahoo.com'

olajumokw

August 9, 2012 at 11:03 pm

You leave her,ideas will always run out since from day one she was never the initiator,she will come back to you for ideas and will want you on the committee,that’s when you should shine forth

12. dolapsy@yahoo.co.uk'

Conteh Dolapo

April 26, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Move on dear! I would advise you forgive and release her in your mind. Contribute your own quota and be a part of it. She will definitely need you again. And by then, you would have been wiser. For the mean time, make yourself useful elsewhere. There are so many projects you can undertake besides that. Just sit and think!