Here are just a couple of healthy and conscious choices I make throughout the day to lose weight. These are just things that you can add to your everyday routine, and you will surely begin to notice a change in your weight, but you won’t have to stress about it. Like, who wants to count calories EVERYDAY? I sure don’t!
- I snack on vegetables. If I know I need to lose weight, when I shop for food I just purchase a lot of vegetables, because that way I know that when I want to go into the kitchen and snack on something, there are only healthy options for me to choose from, and vegetables are almost always low calorie, and a metabolism booster!
- I eat protein in the morning. You can have whatever type of meal that you prefer, in order to get your protein, but I have like 3 or 4 hard-boiled eggs, and it helps to jump start my metabolism, and it also makes you suppress your appetite, plus studies have shown that people who eat lean protein at the start of their day, weigh LESS than those who don’t.
- If you are a coffee or tea drinker. Take it easy with the sugar and cream. Just cut it in half. It might take a couple of times for you to get used to it, but I assure you that you will, and you will be thanking yourself that you did.
- Don’t drink anything unless it’s water. Have your morning tea or coffee, fine. But other than that, don’t drink anything but water. It’s a small sacrifice, but I’m sure you can manage. I know I do, especially when I seriously need to shed some pounds.
- I take the stairs and never the elevator. If I’m at the mall or something, I’ll avoid taking the escalator or the elevator, and I will just break a mini-sweat on the stairs. It’s well worth it, and it’s over with in no time. It’s not like I’m at the gym, watching the counter on the treadmill tracking my calories, it’s just part of my day. No stress.