Joy Inyamu Akut is the Author and publisher of iNyamu’s Eldorado, a blog site where she writes about life, the awesomeness of God, and encourage people by enriching their Spirits with words of inspiration. She also just recently published her first book Kiss & Tell. When she is not writing, she is getting inspired to write some more.
Joy Inyamu Akut is our guest on the 15 QUESTIONS Series today!
1. If you were the President for one day and you have the power to fix one thing in Nigeria, what will it be and WHY?
Foremost would be to #Bringbackourgirls. If I had the power to fix just one thing, I would use it to get the girls home. Every girl should live in security, a right to have a voice, a right to be educated, a right to be empowered without fear of being punished and a right to live without fear of been trampled on because of her vulnerable nature. Her nature should give her an advantage, not hold her hostage to society’s perception of her.
2. What is the most annoying thing you have heard people say about women in Nigeria?
Runz girls. I understand we have a lot of ladies who give women here a bad name, but there are just as much hard working ones If only we choose to shine the spotlight in the right areas. The fact that a lady is well put together physically and has nice things doesn’t equate to a truth that she is a kept woman, or has slept her way to the top, or to the nice things she owns.
3. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old, which would you choose?
I would go with my mind. An active mind, transforms your whole appearance, it makes for a beautiful look. Besides, I can always get the right clothes and accessories to give my body a little boost, but you can’t cover up senility.
4. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
Will get back to you when there’s a partner.
5. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one special quality or ability, what would it be?
Dance! I’ve always wanted to know how to dance. Ballet, contemporary… hip-hop! I would change the world with my dance skills. (Well, not really, I’ll just be a happy dancer)
6. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? Why or why not?
What was going through the mind of the first person that made puff puff! What was the inspiration? Did she/he/it have any idea how that recipe would change the world? That’s pure genius J
7. If you knew when you will die, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
Everything about me revolves around my faith in God. And I think getting it right with God is all I need to live without regrets, even when I make mistakes. So no, I wouldn’t change anything.
8. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
I would tell a friend how hurt I am over something I found out. I probably haven’t said anything about it because I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth the fight. The whole lose the battle; win the war sort of situation.
9. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
My laptop! It’s got priceless jewels that have been refined in the fires of my mind. I wouldn’t want to loose it.
10. If you don’t have to worry about making money, what would you do all day?
I’ll definitely be writing. Then Spa, spa, spa! Right after shopping… There’s so much pleasure in pampering oneself. Especially when you don’t have to budget for it.
11. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? What happened that year?
2000. The year I lost my daddy. I was having a teenage tantrum spell and not talking to him. I didn’t hug him goodbye before I left for school, I didn’t even wave back at him. I didn’t keep the last letter he wrote me in school because I had no idea it was the last time, and being mad was robbing me of a moment. I would be nicer to him, and hug him before getting in the car taking me to school, and I would fold up his letter and keep it somewhere safe.
12. How do you think your friends would describe you?
Quiet, talkative, secretive, funny, supportive and sometimes nice. (I think)
13. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
Yes! I would like to be famous for my writing and the impact it has on the lives of people.
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
Sky diving. I haven’t done it because I think its crazy to jump off a plane or have a burning desire to feel that adrenaline rush, and probably because I haven’t had the opportunity. But I’ll do it soon.
15. Would you be willing to have horrible nightmares for a year if you would be rewarded with extraordinary wealth for a lifetime? Why or Why not?
That’s a tough one. I love my sleep. And who says I would be able to enjoy the money after a year of sleeplessness?
send us an email if you like to be a part of this!