Real Women Real Issues

My Husband is a Compulsive Liar

husband

I know many people lie from time to  time, but my husband is a compulsive liar. Telling lies has become a way of live for him.

He finds it so hard to tell the truth about anything, he enjoys bending the truth about everything, even insignificant things. He is always making up stories that never happened about himself, about me and even about his friends and family. He lies about everything even insignificant things that the truth would just be fine.

He exaggerates and lies about his achievements, what he has and who he has met. He also spreads destructive lies about other people to destroy them as well. He has gotten into trouble many times because of his lies, and I have suffered all sorts of embarrassment. People have confronted him and he has lost many good friends because of this habit. Yet, he continues. He has a good job, he earns good money, he loves me and treats me very well.

SEE ALSO: Help! My Husband Was A Serial Rapist!

Every time I raise the issue of his lies, he uses all sorts of philosophical jargons to justify his actions or use another lie to cover it up. I am really fed up of living a lie, but I I have no idea how to make him change. –  Anonymous

If you like this post, share it! Someone you know needs it. Use the buttons below.

Follow us on Facebook – Woman.NG, Twitter – @WomanNG, and Instagram – woman.ng for more updates.

Click to comment

1. nike70ajose@yahoo.com'

Nike 'TheChoosyGirl' Ajose

March 6, 2012 at 1:04 am

Confront his ass and read him the riot act.

2. foreverme@hotmail.com'

Ruth

March 6, 2012 at 12:36 pm

it cannot be easy living with this kind of man. i think you need to get to the root of why he enjoys lying like that. he probably has deep insecurity issues and he thinks lying about who he is will make people think better of him. its not a good way to live at all.

3. foreverme@hotmail.com'

sexybabe

March 6, 2012 at 12:57 pm

He needs to talk to a therapist, this is beyond what you can handle. it is a psychological problem perharps.

4. bamithebabe@yahoo.com'

Akinbami

March 6, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Question: Is he a compulsive liar or Pathological liar. Two different things. Two different approaches.

5. foreverme@hotmail.com'

iamgold

March 6, 2012 at 1:08 pm

He probably needs someone who can make him see the destructive consequences of his actions, someone who will not be easily convinced with his philosophical jargons. we all lie, but when it has gotten to this kind of stage, it is a really scary thing.

6. tosinigbinyemi@yahoo.com'

tosin aromolaran

March 6, 2012 at 1:59 pm

pray for him, you can’t change him, only God can, so take him to God in prayers

• babynkegidi@gmail.com'

Nwoke

March 6, 2012 at 6:59 pm

True, but like Akinbami said, there re a lot of practical treatment possible if it is pathological.

Therapy works!

7. omololabee@yahoo.com'

anonynmous

March 6, 2012 at 2:59 pm

the first step to change is acceptance. if he does not accept the fact that he needs to change then there isn’t much that can be done to help him change.

8. bolajuwon2002@yahoo.com'

ayobola

March 9, 2012 at 3:18 pm

first, it’s better for you to pray that God settles in his heart and grant you wisdom to handle the situation.
    secondly, when nothing is happening, find a soothing way to talk to him and ask him if he would like his children to live his kind of life and if he wants them to always lie to him.
    let him know this is breaking you down and would eventually give way to not trusting him which could be dangerous even when he decides to change.

9. musamullah@yahoo.com'

Mullah

March 27, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Abeg make we hear word ooo! Did you fail to detect that he was a chronic liar before you married him or what?

Most women knew their men were like that but still went ahead with the wedding.

Did you date long enough before marriage? Sorry to sound unsympathetic but the fault is yours really.

10. jtena5523@gmail.com'

Justine

April 17, 2012 at 8:48 am

My husband is the EXACT same. To the T. I am also at a loss of what to do for him or myself. Even when I confront a lie, I get two more. The problem isn’t her, or me. Its our husbands. Whether she dated him 6 months or 6 years before marrying him, he’d be/ he is a liar like my husband. I don’t know how hard I try to make it obvious that he does not need to lie, but nothing helps.

11. Pingback: Must My Hubby Be My Best Friend? | Femme Lounge | Real Women, Real Stories