With a 3 year old daughter, 18 month old baby and her marriage of five years, the shocking news of ‘aggressive stage 3 breast cancer’ was like a sudden death sentence for the 35 year old. Juliet Aguwa, founder of Courage 2 Dare.
She is on the cover of the last edition of Working Moms Africa magazine, she speaks about how she had to find strength to get well for herself, her husband and her children after the terrifying cancer diagnosis in 2008.
Below are some of the things she did;
• Accepting the situation rather than denial;
• Being religious with advised check-ups and treatments ( and surgery, when necessary);
• Putting ego out, and got all the helps and supports available;
• Staying away from stressful activities;
• Allowing the body to heal.
After she was confirmed cancer free, Juliet saw the need to enlighten more women, through her foundation, Courage 2 Dare, about breast cancer and the help victims change their ‘death sentences’ to a life worth living to the fullest.