Helen Mukoro is the first woman and the first immigrant to run for Spain’s presidency. Helen Mukoro is the presidential candidate of her new opposition party, Union De Todos.
A few things about her:
- She is the first woman and an immigrant to emerge presidential standard bearer of a political party in the European country.
- She was born in Delta State and migrated to Spain in 1992. Before her migration, she worked at the Ministry of Agriculture, Benin City, Nigeria. Deployed to Governor’s Office (Women Affairs Department) as Agricultural Officer, to help the rural women in Agriculture, and Asaba when Delta State was created.
- She founded the party Union De Todos, and in May she became the first Nigerian-Spanish candidate to run for mayor of Denia in Spain’s eastern province of Alicante. Mukoro lost the election.
- She runs a legal firm and has worked as a legal consultant at the Red Cross Society in Spain. She served as CEO and president of the African Europe chamber of commerce and CEO and president of the National Agency of Forensic Experts, Mediators and Technical Professionals of Spain and Europe.
- Mukoro is an author and holds various academic degrees.
The 2015 Spanish general election is scheduled to take place on or before Dec. 20.
Photo Credit – africanleadership.co.uk