Waje is a powerhouse!
In honor of birthday, we remember 5 of the times we absolutely fell in love with her.
But just like her name W.A.J.E (an acronym for “Words aren’t just enough”), we won’t bore you with plenty of our own words, let’s just show you:
1. When we read her EPIC response to the guy who said he has a crush on her 16-year old daughter
What would you say to a man who tells you openly he’s got a crush on your 16 year-old daughter? Someone told Waje exactly that on her Instagram. Her her epic response here.
2. When we read her fiery cover feature in Made Magazine
3. When she joined 3 other African music powerhouses for the ONE.org’s #WithStrongGirls anthem
4. When she openly gushed about meeting Lauryn Hill and shared the influence she had on her music
5. When she gave us the funny and original video of her song -Onye ft. Tiwa Savage
6. When she was refreshingly honest about the dark place she was at the turn of the year
“Good morning sweets. I’m grateful for so much. At the end of 2013 I was in a very dark place, toxic relationship, wanted to quit music and was worried about my weight, health issues and actually believed everyone around me was balling except me lol, but This year!!! I’ve grown a very thick skin, so things that will usually hurt are now refreshment when my friends and I are gisting lol (bad belle is allowed), my daughter graduated, moved into a bigger house with everything I want in it, I invested more in business and God gave me more, can afford to take care of my parents, I no longer give excuses for my failures, I just get up and ask the Holy Spirit to help, discernment is my best friend and even when it’s far from me I retrace my steps. I’m more mature, not quick to anger like I was in the past and my year is ending in the most beautiful way, My whole family is here with me. I ve you guys. There’s so much to be thankful for. 2015 will be a better year, I know this cos I know my father, he loves me enough to ensure that my testimonies never end. What’s your testimony? Let’s rejoice with u #merrychristmas#spreadlove #leavehate.”
7. This and every other time we witness her raw energy on stage
8. When she simply laughed it off after her wig fell off on stage
With wig on
After wig fell off, she posted this on her Instagram:
“So I was performing and my wig fell off hahahahahaha”
All pictures from Waje’s Instagram
If you like this post, share it! Someone you know needs it. Use the buttons below.