If Joke Silva is saying something on leadership, we definitely want to hear it! She is a veteran Nollywood actress who is highly respected in and out of the entertainment industry.
In a chat with Accelerate TV, she talks about five things that have helped her over the years as a boss.
Her five boss moves are:
- Treat your staff very well, they are your back up. Speak to them like you would like to be spoken to. Try not to lose your temper too often. I am a work in progress in that area.
- Integrity is very important: Your clients should be able to trust you. Like you will do your best for them. You will go the extra mile for them.
- Be a life-long learner: Nobody knows everything. So, even if you are a trainer, you’re going to be learning from the people you are training. They’ll teach you something. Be ready to learn and don’t be too proud to realize that you are learning from them.
- Be organized as humanly possible.
- You can’t do everything: There is no way you can do everything, organise everything, know everything. The only person who knows all and can do all is the father Almighty. Do the ones you can do and leave the rest to the heavenly father to sort it out. That’s he’s job and he loves it
Watch her speak below