Personal Stories

“Look At My Life Now! How I Wish I Left This Marriage Since!” – Ifeoma Okeke

Ifeoma Ojiakor whose husband beat her and stabbed her private part with a broken bottle on Dec. 24th has shared the sad story. She wrote the note below on her Facebook

”Saddest Christmas ever!!! Lying down in pains on my hospital bed I’m writing this with tears flowing my eyes. I could remember on d 24th night I made a post on Facebook sending out special greetings to everyone with d hope of having a merry Christmas with family,friends, and loved ones.

My husband by name Mr Victor ojiakor was always fond of hitting me at any slightest provocation and this issue has been resolved at so many police stations..whenever I report d beating escapades they would settle us at the police station and he would be asked to sign undertaking never to hit me anymore.He has even hit me at his village in d presence of his mother and father then reason being that he accused me of having an affair with his brother..His parents settled it after which he promised never to hit me again we reconciled mostly because of the kids ..after we returned back to Lagos he hit me again while I was pregnant for our third child that I began to bleed.i was rushed to the hospital by neighbours before my mum was called to d hospital …

The case was reported at the ministry of women affairs at Alausa Ikeja where he was invited and there promised never to repeat such again…now the height of this happened on d 25th of December he came back home at about 6.30pm and started accusing me of sleeping with his boy (a 16yr old boy…can you imagine?)he didn’t even wait for me to say a word he pounced on me and started beating me up with sticks,machete, bottle, e.t.c he said he was going to kill me and nothing would happen ..

He also stabbed the said boy with a machete don’t know d boy’s where about now…after beating me up for a sin I didn’t commit he locked me up and held me hostage seizing my phone for 2 days. .nobody know what was happening to me I collapsed honestly I taught I would never survive this..I just kept pleading with him each passing day to please take me to the hospital before I die he refused telling me that he wanted to render me useless I just kept crying until I told him to take me to a pastor that was when he pushed me into his car n drove me to a place it was there that I pleaded with d prophetess to help me ..the prophetess on seeing my condition then advised him to take me to d hospital for immediate treatment that was how I was taken to d hospital on getting there I pleaded with d doctor to use her phone to call my sister who in turn informed my mum and they started rushing to the hospital.

At d hospital immediately he sensed that I might have reached my family he started dragging me,removed d drip from my hand I was crying out for help immediately my mum entered d hospital he ran away ..at the moment I am in my mums place with my 3 kids… 2 boys and a 3months old baby girl…d matter was charged to court and he was granted bail of 250,000naira…why I am left to wallow in pains for no offense I committed all because I married a heartless man and was enduring all these because of my kids and the society who kept telling me to forgive that he is my husband and he would change ….look at my life now!how I wish I left this marriage since!

Happy new year everyone!”

1. Evelyn Fiona John

Evelyn Fiona John

January 2, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Jesus…. I can’t believe is the ifeoma I know

2. Dada Josephine Kehinde

Dada Josephine Kehinde

January 2, 2017 at 11:00 pm

It’s not worth it sis

3. Pretty Abigail

Pretty Abigail

January 2, 2017 at 11:10 pm

Jesus. Thank God he didn’t succeed with his evil plans, some men are wicked , please run for him is a beast. Nd take gud care of ur children. Dat guy wll never change. God will heal u

4. Alexander Chikodi Kelvin

Alexander Chikodi Kelvin

January 2, 2017 at 11:17 pm

some of you are quick to judge because you heard of this woman side of the story? let’s not judge please. I don’t support the idea of a man beating up a woman…….but let’s not judge. who knows if this lady might have done some-thing wrong, that makes the husband to beat her up this way….she might be a cheat….who knows, seeking for public attention and recognition. in this case of marriage…I don’t judge! unless I hear the husband own side of the story……….but I totally condemned this beating from thy husband!

Pretty Abigail

January 2, 2017 at 11:21 pm

No matter, wat she must done, dat doesn’t give him d right to beat her like dat. No matter wat

Yemi Nyela Olus

January 2, 2017 at 11:52 pm

There is never a justification for being violent, even if he found a man on top of her. He could have divorced her instead of beating and stabbing her. How many men would still be alive today if their wives were to stab them for cheating? So what if she had died in the process and he is jailed for life? Would it have been worth it?

Karo Itoje

January 3, 2017 at 12:06 am

@ Alexander Chikodi Kelvin You are speaking from two mouth. U condemn that she was beating but let’s not judge she might be a cheat. Mtchew. So if she is a cheat he can’t simply ask her to leave his house he has to kill her abi? Nonsense.

Gbadamosi Aghala Ngozi

January 3, 2017 at 12:40 am

Potential wife beater, there is no excuse to be violent on a woman. Domestic violence has no excuse attached to it. There is something called separation or divorce instead of reducing someone’s daughter to nothing.

Deola Akanbi Ogunya

January 3, 2017 at 12:47 am

I don’t give a fuck about any side of the story, this is CRIMINAL. There is no justification for this hate crime😡😡😡😡

Nwokolo Joy

January 3, 2017 at 1:19 am

wow,this is hw they start little by little…receive sense

Azubuike Chinenye

January 3, 2017 at 2:52 am

You’re a future wife beater. Even if he caught her pants down with a man why not divorce her? Why not throw her things out of the house then let her leave with shame rather than do this wicked act. I pity whoever marries you

Anechenenwa Nkonyeasua TLight

January 3, 2017 at 3:38 am

No matter what she says. Walk away. Even if u catch her. Send her packing rather than kill her.

Kike Bickersteth

January 3, 2017 at 4:00 am

Nothing under heavens justifies this treatment…. This is criminal, meanwhile, I pity the woman who will end up being your wife with this mentality….

Asomugha Amara

January 3, 2017 at 4:06 am

Hey am sure you are one of those beast arrogant idiots. One day your sister will come home like that from her husband house please don’t take any action until you hear from the husband. Better receive some sense bros

Mimi Michaels

January 3, 2017 at 4:38 am

Mtchwee

Uduak Asuquo

January 3, 2017 at 6:12 am

Roselyn Godwin

January 3, 2017 at 6:26 am

Idiot. Whatever she did, he should never have laid a finger on her. He could file for a divorce or go hang himself.

5. Karo Itoje

Karo Itoje

January 3, 2017 at 12:02 am

Na wa o.

6. Queen Anyanwu

Queen Anyanwu

January 3, 2017 at 12:17 am

My sister any man that did this to you does not deserve you. He is not worthy to be anybody’s husband. He is nothing but an animal.

7. Treasure Mary Ochuole Adie

Treasure Mary Ochuole Adie

January 3, 2017 at 12:25 am

Not too late as u neva die yet

8. Deola Akanbi Ogunya

Deola Akanbi Ogunya

January 3, 2017 at 12:46 am

I am beyond angry, I am beyond sad. I really wish I was in a position of power. These animals will not escape judgement. He was dragging her from the hospital, he was definitely going to give her the final sentence (death). I hope and pray some so called men or women of God will not come and use the bible to justify such heinous act, or worst still some deluded family member won’t beg on his behalf for her to go back to this monster. Womennnnnnnn, if he hit you, he don’t love you. Love is not abusive (verbally, physically…..) wake the hell up!!!!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😫

9. Salmah Sam Touré

Salmah Sam Touré

January 3, 2017 at 1:07 am

Please tell me u have killed the bastard ….. May God punish him

10. Asomugha Amara

Asomugha Amara

January 3, 2017 at 4:01 am

Sorry dear

11. orothrill@gmail.com'

eka

January 3, 2017 at 5:15 am

There is something that control them..an abusive husband cannot stop. Don’t joke with your life, live for your kids.

12. Uduak Asuquo

Uduak Asuquo

January 3, 2017 at 6:08 am

Exactly… Nothing has happened. This is attempted murder and the judge that granted him bail should be looked into… I’m beyond furious

13. Juliet Augustine

Juliet Augustine

January 3, 2017 at 7:00 am

Hope the police has picked him up

14. Enebuse Sesysarah Omoro

Enebuse Sesysarah Omoro

January 3, 2017 at 7:31 am

Any man that raisd his ✋ on a woman will never progress in life ,not only that he will suffer for the rest of his life and will never have peace useless being.

15. Blessing B Benjamin

Blessing B Benjamin

January 3, 2017 at 10:25 am

It is not too late dear,no woman deserve this kind of treatment from a man.

16. Enoenyeubong Ikpatt

Enoenyeubong Ikpatt

January 3, 2017 at 11:06 am

This is always the result of pleasing the society over oneself. I’m against divorce, but Ladies when marriage becomes life threatening please pack your luggage and leave. Ladies learn some lessons from other people’s experience for your life sake. how can someone that was suppose to give you physical protection be beating you at the slightest provocation and you were going about witnessing him sign papers that mearnt absolutely nothing to him, and hoping for change because of kids he doesnt even care if his actions are setting good example for, Any lady going through this at the moment should quickly do the needful as you may not be lucky to come out alive like this one to tell your story.

17. Nancy Ray Njoku

Nancy Ray Njoku

January 3, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Some men are animals in human clothing, for crying out loud who or what gave him the right to disfigure her like that,even if he caught a man on her or whatever,if the marriage isn’t working pack it up instead of dying in it,when you die you die once and not twice,I hope and pray he pays for this dearly.

18. Grace Gbadamosi