Motherhood

“Motherhood Has Slowed Me Down But Does It Matter? I’d Say No, It Hasn’t Slowed My Life Down” – Mercy Johnson

Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson-Okojie is one super mum! The mother of three seems to be taking her time with work, enjoying the bliss of marriage, while managing the tasks of motherhood.

In an interview with Media Hub Room, she explains how she manages the demands of motherhood and her career,

SEE ALSO: Stephanie Linus On Having A Baby At A Point Where She Was Totally Ready In Her Heart, Soul And Spirit

On if motherhood has not slowed her down

I’d say yes, motherhood has slowed me down but does it matter? I’d say no, it hasn’t slowed my life down. In my life, with my marriage, dealings with people and so on, I’ve learnt to appreciate myself first and recognise integrity before I can dish it out to any other person. I know what it means to have a scale of preference and do things in a manner of importance. Work has slowed down because I want it to slow down. If I want to leave my home and my kids at home and go to Asaba to work back to back or stay in Lagos and work like that, its not a problem because I get calls everyday.

It’s a way of life that I’ve chosen , so if you call me and its not convenient for me, I’d just tell you, I cannot do it. My kids are in school right now and I have to do the school ‘runs’, wake up to get the kids ready for school, take care of the house, my husband, it’s fun and I love to do it. If anything just collides with what I’d planned, I just let go. If you call me for a movie and its convenient, I’d just tell my husband, ‘my love, I’m going to shoot next week,’ and he’d say ‘sure, you can go.’ But if I can’t make it due to one issue or the other, having something to do with my husband and/or my kids, I just let it go.

Read full interview at Media Hub Room

Follow us on Facebook – Woman.NG, Twitter – @WomanNG, Instagram – woman.ng and BBM Channel – C001CCEFD for more updates.

1. Eucharia Nkechi Ihedioha

Eucharia Nkechi Ihedioha

March 4, 2017 at 6:20 am

Go and work…You were working before he fell inlove with you men change o

Ijeoma Vivian Aguonyia

March 4, 2017 at 11:18 am

But she never said she had stopped working…neither did she say her husband has stopped her from working. She only said if the timing isn’t convenient for her, she would refuse. But, if the timing is right, off she goes.

Thought I should break it down for you, just in case you didn’t understand it. 🙂

Njoku Linda Chidinma

March 4, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Thanks Ijeoma Vivian Aguonyia people dnt read nd understand b4 commenting .

Eucharia Nkechi Ihedioha

March 4, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Njoku Linda Chidinma or what you call yourself I can see your mouth is suddenly licking

Blessing Daniel

March 4, 2017 at 7:25 pm

She only corrected you @Eucharia Nkechi Ihedioha

Temmy Tope

March 4, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Still wonder why pple show der frustration on social media
      Nyc one Ijeoma Vivian Aguonyia

2. Azino Christy

Azino Christy

March 4, 2017 at 10:24 am

Story

3. Sharon Odey

Sharon Odey

March 4, 2017 at 10:42 am

My super star

4. Adaku Chioma Amaechi - Jonathan

Adaku Chioma Amaechi - Jonathan

March 4, 2017 at 6:28 pm

When you are married you have to know what really matters to you in life, you do things at the RIGHT TIME

5. Ken Kantrez

Ken Kantrez

March 5, 2017 at 5:14 am

Slow u down on what?
    What are u chasing?
    Get your priorities straight..

6. Ruth Ebri