Outspoken

Three Things I Wish Etinosa Idemudia Will Think About Following Her Disturbing Joke That Advised Women To Turn Rape Into Rapport

Etinosa Idemudia posted a comedy video on her instagram page some days ago with a very rather disturbing advise to women on rape.
She advised that just as we turn lemon into lemonade and pepper into pepper-soup, women should learn to turn rape into rapport. She said they should relax , enjoy it and think of it as a one night stand to help them cope and prevent further violence from the attacker.

As it should be, many people do not find her joke funny or her advise helpful and have demanded that she should publicly apologise for the joke.

Although she has pulled the video down from her instagram page, she still defends her statement saying she was only trying to share a coping mechanism.

She tweeted, “I just shared my own coping mechanism on MY own page. I didn’t impose it on anyone. Cyber trolls and bullies fuck you. This is my thinking for adult women not children. If you don’t agree then suggest a better way. Nobody prays for death but u gotta b prepared?? People prepare 4 death by having wills and succession plans. Some don’t cos “sensitive topic”. If we keep hiding, cowering and shying away from sensitive topics such as RAPE etc we will never equip ourselves with survival tactics”

Here are two things I really wish she will learn from all these;

1.She says her advise is a coping mechanism, but here is something she probably doesn’t know – there are many useful expert and survivor advise on how to survive during a rape attack especially in a very violent situation, none of them include enjoying the rape and thinking of it as sex. Because if it is not sex, it is not sex.

2.Something else I also wish many people will learn from this is that – Never ever make a joke about rape. No matter the angle you are taking it from, there is absolutely nothing funny about rape. If she says this is more of an advice than a joke, then I will say, if you are not very knowledgeable about the psycho social impact of rape, then be careful of the advise you give, you may be doing more harm than good.

3.I know she probably doesn’t support rape but the truth is, with this joke and advice she has contributed to the rape culture. By saying a woman should enjoy the rape like sex she is somehow saying rape isn’t that bad and women have a control over if it will be a rape or not. Putting the responsibility on the victim, especially with the lemon to lemonade analogy. She has also just given rapists a pass!

I know she most likely didn’t set out to promote rape or undermine the experiences of rape victims, but opinions like these are what fosters the rape culture and that is why they need to be addressed. I really hope she sees the point in what many people are trying to say about why her joke is wrong.

Below is the video she posted

Follow us on Facebook – Woman.NG, Twitter – @WomanNG, Instagram – woman.ng and BBM Channel – C001CCEFD for more updates.

1. Cynthia Lolo Amaraegbu Muoka

Cynthia Lolo Amaraegbu Muoka

March 28, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Mumu girl

2. Asemota Gloria

Asemota Gloria

March 28, 2017 at 7:17 pm

What???? Am ashamed of u etinosa idemudia!!! U fuck up for this talk big time.

3. Chloe Hadiza Umar

Chloe Hadiza Umar

March 28, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Can’t believe someone can actually say something that stupid.

4. Debbie Ekunkoya

Debbie Ekunkoya

March 28, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Ah

5. Omisakin Lizzy

Omisakin Lizzy

March 28, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Walking Olodo… That’s the outcome of smoking garri, talking outright nonsense!!

6. Adeola Adekanbi

Adeola Adekanbi

March 28, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Did the society make her deteriorate into this or she’s just naturally dumb ,dumb enough not to respect her female kind..degrading joke..from a lowlife. Female misorginst.

7. Erus Onome

Erus Onome

March 29, 2017 at 8:24 am

So daft…coming from a woman ??
    She needs brain evaluation. ..

8. Ama-iruobe Ebi

Ama-iruobe Ebi

March 29, 2017 at 9:29 am

I think she makes sense in a way…it happened to me once, a friend of mine almost raped me, he came visiting, like play like play he was almost forcing himself on me…I just laff n said guy relax take dis condom n use it….d guy weak by force after dat day I warned him Neva to come to my house again…. I just saved myself d trauma of rape

Lekskid R Shonaya

March 30, 2017 at 2:20 am

Becareful this don’t work for al guys o 🙄

Roselyn Godwin

March 30, 2017 at 4:25 am

Try listening to actual rape victims then you’ll know or try try getting raped by someone that is hell bent on raping you. Makes sense? What is wrong with you?

• earthy_d@yahoo.com'

Earthy

June 25, 2017 at 7:38 am

It’s not funny even with that scenario. Unconsenting sex even with someone you know is hurtful. How much more from person(s) you don’t know! It’s the most terrible violation and humiliation ever!

9. Netta Bassey

Netta Bassey

March 29, 2017 at 10:48 am

Even her face looks stupid

10. Etinosasere Francess Omono

Etinosasere Francess Omono

March 30, 2017 at 12:43 am

I pray you get raped soon, ganged rape ni. Then you will know