Omolara Tayo-Sobajo holds a degree in Microbiology and an MBA, educational attainment is second nature to her. However beauty and makeup are her true calling, and after 8 years of working as a freelance makeup artist she has seen the shortcomings of many major makeup brands on the highstreet.
As a passionate advocate for ‘many shades of beauty’, Omolara feels that mainstream makeup brands are still not formulated with women of colour in mind despite countless campaigns from Women of Colour to change this. It was with this knowledge and her passion for makeup that led her to launch the MoMineral MakeUp line with her husband, Tayo Sobajo, in 2015.
Only a few makeup brands produced limited shades of foundation for dark skin and the available brands will either leave the skin looking too grey or too “ashy” and dry. In addition to this, the composition of some makeup products available on the market are not always healthy for melanin-rich skin.
“MoMineral Makeup was created to provide African and Caribbean women with more choice when it comes to makeup products and our products are formulated from natural ingredients.” – Omolara Tayo Sobajo.
MoMineral Makeup is highly aware of the complex diversity of overtones and undertones caused by the rich melanin pigment in dark skins resulting in many shade variations. The company prides itself on giving women of colour more make up choices, particularly women with darker skin tones.
MoMineral products are formulated and manufactured in the United Kingdom, regulated and certified by the highest cosmetics standard in order to provide the dark skin with makeup products with skin healthy benefits.
MoMineral makeup products are:
• 100% natural
• Lightweight, does not block skin pore, allows the skin to breathe (non-comedogenic).
• Contains natural SPF 20 sunscreen protection.
• Dermatologically approved and suitable for post cosmetic procedures.
• Halal friendly except for mascara which contains alcohol.
• Complies with the EU Cosmetics Safety Regulations.
• Made in the United Kingdom.
MoMineral products are free from:
• Mineral oil associated with clogging of skin pores.
• Synthetic minerals such as Bismuth Oxychloride – a bye product of lead and copper refinery which is a common skin irritant.
• Harmful chemicals, sensitizers such as perfumes/ dye.
• Preservatives, Talc and Nanoparticle minerals.