The lessons learnt from successful people in your career and business cannot be underestimated as it help you to avoid the mistakes that they have made.
Founder and CEO of Ebonylife TV, Mo Abudu was the guest speaker at the 2017 Women in Management, Business and Public Service (WIMBIZ) annual lecture and she shared tips that have worked for her over the years.
“What I would like to do today is to share a few of my ideas and a few tips on the things that I have done that have possibly worked and I’ve done a lot of things that have not worked by the way”, she said before proceeding to share the tips below
- Spend more time with friends that encourage you because as you grow some of your friends may not be growing with you but spend more time with business associate that encourage you.
- Never underestimate your competitors, keep being the benchmark that you’re trying to be.
- Share your recipes of success with others because…. there may be certain things I can learn from you and certain things you can learn from me that we can both together be the best that we can be.
- Success can create enemies. Be wary of that.
- Never be too proud to say sorry.
Watch her speak in the video below