Celebrity

Uriel On How She Went From Being Depressed And Homeless To Owning Her Own Wig Shop

One of the recently concluded BBA participants, Uriel Oputa, has shared how being a contestant has changed her life.

She said last year she was facing many challenges, but now she has been able to open a wig shop and she owes it to the show that helped her looked beyond her challenges.

SEE ALSO: “Skinny, Thick, Fat, We Should Support Our Fellow Women. Biko I’m Thick But I’m Healthy” – Uriel

She wrote,

Just want to thank God last year I was really depressed and didn't know where to start, dealing with my mum being sick, losing my hair because of stress, being a up coming artist in Lagos for almost 6 years chei, being homeless, so many things happened, but I took the chance with Big Brother Naija dispite being told not to….. I'm not saying big brother is your answer, I'm just saying don't limit yourself go for what you want… have patience be focused and always listen to your instincts even when the going gets tough. I'm not really good at writing thats why I talk alot. But today I was able to pay for a small place to sell my wigs… you guys know I love to making wigs welcome to @uriellondonwigs proud owner of Uriel London wigs store It's a small place in lekki phase 1 but to me this is major #bigbrothernaija2017 #wigs #hair #bbnaija2017.. chei now I need interior jesu Oguta help me

A post shared by Uriel Ngozi Oputa (@urielmusicstar) on

Follow us on Facebook – Woman.NG, Twitter – @WomanNG, Instagram – woman.ng and BBM Channel – C001CCEFD for more updates.

1. Ihesie Precious

Ihesie Precious

April 13, 2017 at 11:24 am

She never had a poor background. Pls b truthful..

2. Eberechi Fineface

Eberechi Fineface

April 13, 2017 at 2:43 pm

O yea hun, she never had a poor background, haters be hating,

3. Orajiuka Adajesus Pepetual

Orajiuka Adajesus Pepetual

April 13, 2017 at 3:00 pm

God is taking u places…u will experience the move of God around u

4. Anatune Isaac Chisom Jamal

Anatune Isaac Chisom Jamal

April 13, 2017 at 4:12 pm

She is a grand daughter of late justice Oputa, charly boy’s father. Thats to say she is Charly boy’s niece, so how could she have been poor?

5. Lilies Otobong

Lilies Otobong

April 13, 2017 at 8:42 pm

I don’t understand anymore. People just wanna be poor lately

6. Bolaji Olatunde Tinde

Bolaji Olatunde Tinde

April 14, 2017 at 8:43 am

Mirror goddess #bbnj.

7. Cynthia Onas

Cynthia Onas

April 14, 2017 at 1:33 pm

She might not come from a poor background BT b poor I know a senetor whose first son is managing d other d I saw his wife doing house to house immunization n they live in a room n parlour passage house