Celebrity

“I Had Sleepless Night Because I Just Couldn’t Comprehend Why Someone With Whom I Have A Child Will Be Hell Bent On Destroying Me” – Mercy Aigbe

Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe has finally spoken about the recent happenings in her marriage.

The actress on her Instagram page on Friday addressed her husband, Lanre Gentry, who is reportedly on the run.

According to her, everything her husband said against her are all lies and she will not keep mute again as he had been taking advantage of that.

Mr.Lanre Gentry had revealed that that his wife was promiscuous and not contented. He also alleged that she was mentally unstable and had not been taking care of her poor parents.

Mercy Aigbe has now refuted all these claims, daring her husband to provide evidence.

She said,

Dear Lanre Gentry, It breaks my heart that I have to do this but as it is you have left me with no choice……I had sleepless night because I just couldn’t comprehend why someone i loved , someone with whom I have a child will be hell bent on destroying me, I just cannot comprehend it……..

You claim ….
(1) I am Mentally Unstable (2) That you have caught me with different men

Dear hubby I challenge you to back on your claims with PROOF!!!!!!!!!……….

#saynotodomesticviolence#realmendonthit
#mylifeisnotinyourhands

Dear Lanre Gentry, It breaks my heart that I have to do this but as it is you have left me with no choice……I had sleepless night because I just couldn't comprehend why someone i loved , someone with whom I have a child will be hell bent on destroying me, I just cannot comprehend it…….. I read with tears in my eyes all the LIES you fabricated against me, LIES you feel will justify your inhumane act, LIES you feel will gain you public sympathy and LIES calculated to bring my person to public opprobrium…….. You claim …. (1) I am Mentally Unstable (2) That you have caught me with different men (3) That I do not take care of my parents (4) That a man rented an apartment for me………. LIES all LIES…….. Dear hubby I challenge you to back all your claims with PROOF!!!!!!!!!………. Hmmmm lanre you forget quickly!…., you forget how I have labored and stood by you all these years, even tho all what I was getting from you was constant beating, harrasment ,threat to my life and threat to destroying my image if I dare,leave you…… .,,You must PROOF all your allegations otherwise God knows I am going to add another lawsuit to the one on ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although my Team has been pleading with me to stay silent all these while, but I have come to realize that you want to ride on my keeping mum…… #saynotodomesticviolence #realmendonthit #mylifeisnotinyourhands

A post shared by Mercilicious (@mercyaigbegentry) on

1. Àgbidoro Oghenetèga

Àgbidoro Oghenetèga

May 7, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Who’s that person laughing?

Olaide Haminat Adebisi-Adetunji

May 7, 2017 at 9:58 pm

infact you read my mind. Was about to say am not understanding fb again abi why would someone send a laughter reaction. Really silly and immature

Àgbidoro Oghenetèga

May 8, 2017 at 12:12 am

@Olaide it’s annoying every aboki with him kettle, the person wey de laff e fit no be punch be her trials e fit be Mother-in law,pikin or even hunger,so y laff a fellow woman wey bucket too heavy already for her head.

2. Olaoye Toyin

Olaoye Toyin

May 7, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Mercy abeg make we ear word o, we don dey get tire for you people, when u dey enjoy we no dey der, leave us to face and tackle buhari matter o.

3. Anita Ubah Dimaku

Anita Ubah Dimaku

May 7, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Only lesser men do this…

4. Juliet Nkemakonam

Juliet Nkemakonam

May 7, 2017 at 9:52 pm

Sequel to tonto n Churchill

5. Marianne Ahamefule

Marianne Ahamefule

May 7, 2017 at 10:14 pm

And two women actually clicked the laughter emoji….imagine

6. Annabel Cynthia Samuel Ogechukwu

Annabel Cynthia Samuel Ogechukwu

May 7, 2017 at 10:16 pm

ooo no,all this news scratching my ears, when Lanre was gving honey we did nt hear. Lanre this Lanre that e do joor. mercy if u luv ur marriage u settle it calm with hubby. making the new wedded couples to afraid of marriage. hiss

7. Kikelomo Modupetemi Akinwande

Kikelomo Modupetemi Akinwande

May 8, 2017 at 7:01 am

We tired of una stories go settle yourselves.

8. Funmilayo Uzor

Funmilayo Uzor

May 8, 2017 at 7:03 am

Una wey dey laugh and mock Mercy God will bless you with a man like Mr Gentry. please make sure you keep it to yourself.

9. Reby B Eno-Ud

Reby B Eno-Ud

May 8, 2017 at 7:44 am

But y will he send thugs to beat u? I keep wondering? But I’m praying for you dear,it is well

10. Nwagu Priscilla

Nwagu Priscilla

May 8, 2017 at 10:07 am

When saw him raising his hands y did u run?

11. Ify Emodi

Ify Emodi

May 8, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Is it just a child, I thought ur two kids were for him….lemme comman be going🏃🏃🏃

12. Promise Stephen Jw

Promise Stephen Jw

May 9, 2017 at 6:11 am

When you were telling him,,,baby,,,i love you, you are the best ,,,,my sugar,,my honey my tea ,,,,you did not tell us ooo,,,abeg,how is buhari jare

13. Josephine Itoje Omoregie

Josephine Itoje Omoregie

May 9, 2017 at 8:03 am

Am so Shocked seeing some comment coming from some sisters…you dey laugh her abi??? No problem continue I pray you guys don’t experience Domestic Violence