#SheSaidThis

“She’s In School From 8:15am-4pm Daily So Someone Please Explain To Me Why She Should Have 2-3 Hours Of Homework To Do Every Night?” – Bunmi Laditan Shares Her Honest Opinion On Homework For Children

Many people think homework is seen as integral part of learning for a child but Author and Blogger, Bunmi Laditan thinks it can be stressful for children.

Bunmi shared an email she sent to her 10-year daughter’s teachers on Facebook and a note on how she believes children should be allowed to have rest time and play time after school instead of being bombarded by homework.

Her post has since received almost 8,000 comments, 73,000 reactions and over 21,000 shares as at today. Many people agree with her that children should do less homework.

Read her note below,

My kid is done with homework. I just sent an email to her school letting her know she's all done. I said "drastically…

Posted by Bunmi Laditan on Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Follow us on Facebook – Woman.NG, Twitter – @WomanNG, Instagram – woman.ng and BBM Channel – C001CCEFD for more updates.

1. Anuri Stellus

Anuri Stellus

May 2, 2017 at 8:19 pm

My dear follow me ask them o! The tin dey tire me

2. Olubunmi Afinowi

Olubunmi Afinowi

May 2, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Good question. It is sooo 😡😖😡

3. Chinyere Obi

Chinyere Obi

May 3, 2017 at 2:34 am

I wonder as much oo

4. afinowikehinde@gmail.com'

Afinowi Kehinde

May 3, 2017 at 3:02 am

It is absolutely crazy. Some parent feel the quality of a school is a function of the quantity of assignment they can ditch out. I absolutely disagree. More of teaching, class work, examples and corrections should be done. The few home work is to test how much of comprehension of the subject the student has appropriated or understood. There should be adequate time for rest, play or other form of leisure. That way learning is not boring but interesting.

5. Eucharia Nkechi Ihedioha

Eucharia Nkechi Ihedioha

May 3, 2017 at 4:54 am

I enjoyed my childhood soo much

6. Jennifer Anigbogu

Jennifer Anigbogu

May 3, 2017 at 7:30 am

These are simple child psychology parents should know.

7. Rita Odinigwe

Rita Odinigwe

May 3, 2017 at 12:21 pm

I totally agree!

8. Nina Ella

Nina Ella

May 3, 2017 at 1:04 pm

God bless you for saying this.

9. Theresa Georgine Honore