Celebrity

This Is The One Thing Mercy Aigbe Wants To Happen Next

“I just want him to sign an undertaking that nothing would happen to me, If not, I would leave the case to the appropriate agency and the law would take its full course” Mercy Aigbe says

In an interview with ’Nonye Ben-Nwankwo and Ademola Olonilua of Punch, explained that she doesn’t have any influence over her husband’s case.

Mr. Lanre Gentry is reportedly in Kirikiri prisons till he is able to meet his bail conditions.

The actress said that she just want him to sign an undertaking that he won’t hurt her and then go their separate ways.

She said,

I cannot be washing my dirty linen in public and that is why I do not want to go into details of my marriage. It is not in my place to send him to jail. I only reported to the appropriate authorities and I just need him to show remorse for what he has done to me. He does not know the gravity of what he has done to me, the pains that I feel right now and the trauma I have gone through. I am still in pains and I am bleeding internally because I am still coughing out blood.

Instead of him to be remorseful, he was busy going online to say all sorts of things about me and concocting lies. He has been fabricating stories to taint my image because he knows I am the one with a reputation at stake. I intentionally did not say anything even though I have proof of everything I have to say. Instead of my husband to show some sense of responsibility and own up to what he did, he was busy dragging my name in the mud.

I endured all the things that I went through in his hands because of my children and also because of the fact that people look up to me as a role model. I have been through a lot and I pray and fast a lot so that things would go on smoothly. I have been praying and enduring a lot but this last time, the beating was brutal and he almost killed me.

On her husband’s temperament

The problem with him is that he cannot control his anger and I have advised him on several occasions to see a therapist or enrol in anger management class to learn how to control his temper but he refused. He gets violent whenever he is angry and that is his problem. There is no way a couple would not fight but it does not always have to lead to physical violence.

On that fateful day, he hit my head on the wall just because I found out that he was having an affair with someone very close to me and we had an argument. He came to beat me at my tailor’s place. He even beat my make-up artiste and broke her hand. It was from that place that I was rushed to the hospital very late that night. When he was beating me, he was acting as if he was possessed.

Ever since he had been beating me, he had never beaten me to this extent. It was as if he had made up his mind to kill me or blind me so that my career would end. I don’t know why he is doing all this. I have offered to take him to church but whenever we get there, he would refuse to enter. I tried all my best. If only he went for therapy, all this would not have happened and I don’t have to stay with him till he kills me. Imagine if I had died that day, I wonder what kind of cover up story he would have released to the public.

On signing an undertaking

I am fighting for my life because if I die there would be no image to protect. I just want him to sign an undertaking that nothing would happen to me because a man who is capable of sending thugs to the house is capable of anything. Someone who can set me up and lie that I have mental illness can do anything. He should sign the undertaking and we should go our different ways. If not, I would leave the case to the appropriate agency and the law would take its full course.

Read full interview on Punch

1. Precious Ude

Precious Ude

May 14, 2017 at 11:51 am

try again

2. Chidinma Igwebuike

Chidinma Igwebuike

May 14, 2017 at 12:58 pm

So he has been beating you and you stayed back waiting for him to kill you women matter tire me

3. Umegbolu Ifunanya

Umegbolu Ifunanya

May 14, 2017 at 1:11 pm

am tyad of reading all dis celeb marriage dramas….any woman wu allows a man lay afinger on her gave d man power 2 do so…..cos ayam nt understanding
    u just stay dia n sum1 wil b beating u to death n u did ntn…oh pls spare me d sermon of ‘ts love’ well dnt knw abt u other women bt I ain’t gonna allow a man born of a woman 2 lay a finger on me unless dat man has signed up a death wish
    #sayno2domesticviolencewomen

4. Kikelomo Modupetemi Akinwande

Kikelomo Modupetemi Akinwande

May 14, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Mercy plss park well jor am sick of hearing ur stories.

5. Uchechi Kate

Uchechi Kate

May 14, 2017 at 2:41 pm

He need deliverance pls take him to Mfm orr tbjoshua min for dem to ask him who are u

6. Owa Florence

Owa Florence

May 14, 2017 at 3:24 pm

God will help us o

7. Harriet Martinéz

Harriet Martinéz

May 14, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Na only u waka go der

8. Lagos Ebikaboere Betty

Lagos Ebikaboere Betty

May 14, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Well don’t divorce him. Just have a separate apartment to avoid the violence. Allow him access to his kids then keep praying for him

9. Betty Godson

Betty Godson

May 14, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Nna ehn………. @lagos this your advice be like some of the road wey Ambode don abandon for Lagos o…………. Separate apartment? Without divorce he will haunt her till she’s depressed and maybe end up with him again…………. May God not allow us see wats bad o. My namesakes

10. Martha Ambrose Apuwada

Martha Ambrose Apuwada

May 14, 2017 at 10:42 pm

Enough of the drama we are tired of this same story every minute I login to my Facebook.what rubbish!!

11. Praise Abanum Oghenero

Praise Abanum Oghenero

May 15, 2017 at 7:56 am

You try to take him to church, my dear mercy is because ur life is not a reflection of wat u preach to him, both of u are guilty No man will just wake up and start to beat his wife is he mad? U have gotten freedom enjoy it don’t worry u are getting close to win the award with the celeb with highest number baby fathers

12. Love Ola

Love Ola

May 15, 2017 at 11:08 pm

haba u no get leg wey u go use run,abi hand wey u go use cari ur load abi wey u go use push ur pikin 4ward dey go were u want 2 go.