Celebrity

Violence, Lies And Irresponsibility – Ibitola Branch On Why She Walked Away From Their 10-Year Marriage

Some weeks back, it was all over the internet that Nollywood actor, Femi Branch was set to marry his third wife after separating from Ibitola, his second wife and the mother of his kids.

In an interview with Encomium, the actor’s wife, Ibitola, who confirmed the news explained how her 10-year old marriage to the actor came to an end.

From domestic, to telling lies and abandoning his duty as a father and husband, Ibilola said that actor Femi Branch was an irresponsible man.

On what really happened

I came back from work that day, and he went out as well. I waited till 11 pm and I didn’t see him. I tried calling him on phone when I didn’t see him. He complained that I was screaming, I apologized for screaming and I asked him for his whereabouts. I told him he wouldn’t have gone that long since he wasn’t on location.

All he said was that he was coming, he also said I was screaming which I apologised for again. But Femi did not come back to the house till 1am. I was up waiting since he said he was coming. When he came, I went to open the gate and I told his friend that I wouldn’t come down that late again if he comes back late.

I was really upset. I asked his friend to warn him because of another time. I added that he should be telling me if he would come home or not because that wasn’t his first time. The next thing Femi said was, “You dey craze.” And I replied the same way. He started bragging, “Do you know who you are talking to? I am Femi Branch,” and he descended on me and started beating me.

He was hitting me hard and his friend was trying to stop him. He left me and went upstairs and told me to meet him upstairs. His friend said I shouldn’t go, but where will I go by that time? So I went upstairs. Femi continued beating me and insulting me. His friend tried to intervene again. All the while, I never raised my hands against him.

You can imagine him with his stature hitting me. His friend said I shouldn’t sleep in the house, so I followed him because he was also a married man with a kid. I slept in his house that night.

The truth is, that was the first time. But before then, he had pushed me hard against the bed that I almost hit my head on the wall. That was two years ago. Such things don’t happen without signs, him pushing me the first time and now beating me.

On his irresponsiblity

He made me believe he does not have money. Later on, I heard he goes out and spends money anyhow. He goes to clubs, pops champagne and spends crazily. It was a regular occurrence, people used to call me that he was in one hotel or the other.

There was this particular day someone called me that he was in a hotel spending money. That person knew Femi was not responsible at home. All I was trying to do was to patch the marriage and make sure things were fine. You know in the African setting when you are married, you have to endure.

Up till this moment that I am talking to you, he doesn’t know how his children are eating or faring. The last time he saw them was January this year. He said they should spend the New Year with him and he returned them empty handed.

He would tell me he has gone on location and he would lodge in a hotel, do whatever he likes. There was a time he was part of the crew following Jimi Agbaje during his campaign period. I was in Abeokuta then. After the whole exercise, everybody left the hotel except Femi.

He was enjoying himself. One of his colleagues whom I had complained to, called me to inform me that he was the only one left in the hotel. It is the same hotel he is indebted to now. He has a case at the Ikeja magistrate court. The story is true that he was locked up in Kirikiri. He is owing the hotel to the tune of millions.

Head over Encomium to for the rest of the interview

1. Blameless Obiye

Blameless Obiye

May 30, 2017 at 8:33 pm

He looks and act movies like one lol.

2. Adeniran Adebukolami Doyeen

Adeniran Adebukolami Doyeen

May 30, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Dominos for example, im sure we all can remember that soap opera Lolzzzzzzz

Stella Ene-Inyang

May 31, 2017 at 10:34 am

He wasn’t actually acting out those roles, he was indeed showing us the real him. Mtcheeew talk about “I will marry a celebrity” syndrome

3. Edith Mokwe

Edith Mokwe

May 30, 2017 at 8:50 pm

As much as I sympathizes with the women who experience violence from their husbands, some truly deserve it. I am talking about women who openly enter into their hell with eyes wide opened. You go into relationship or marriage with a man, knowing fully that the ex left him because he was violent; because you are the lion tamer, you tell yourself he will change. You declare to the world that he is precious and the ex is making things up because she is jealous. You talk about how romantic he is. Years later, he breaks your skull, pull out your eye socket, stabs you in your private part, smashes your face and tears out your flesh. Then, you come to social media to lament the abuses you suffered at his hands. To such women, sister, you are stupid. Your stupidity should have a part two; he murders you so that you can go and tell the good Lord (who gave you an excellent brain to think), how you thought War Room tactics will make a violent man to become non-violent. Nonsense.

4. Faith Nwachukwu

Faith Nwachukwu

May 30, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Watching his movies would make U believe.

5. Will Enagu-okpa

Will Enagu-okpa

May 30, 2017 at 8:50 pm

A man who fails to plan in his youth usually has a troubled old age…… The head should make the component parts work…..

6. Josephin James

Josephin James

May 30, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Let’s save too much grammar jarre that man is just a bad example to fatherhood, he is a big disgrace to celebrities
    I knew it,so na this one wey him marry now him nor go violate
    Watch out for part2!!!

7. Yemi Idowu Alaga-Kassim

Yemi Idowu Alaga-Kassim

May 30, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Word! @Edith Mokwe. Hmm!!

8. Aliza Gracious

Aliza Gracious

May 30, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Another woman done rush enter too. lols. we go hear her own abuse story too

9. Awosejo Tosin

Awosejo Tosin

May 30, 2017 at 9:12 pm

merely reflecting on the roles he acted in movies gives me no doubt that he would have such character in reality

10. Promise Stephen Jw

Promise Stephen Jw

May 30, 2017 at 9:56 pm

And our business is?

11. Basirat Abubakar

Basirat Abubakar

May 30, 2017 at 10:01 pm

The first one left because of cow leg meat how are you sure that your Will not left because of cow tail my dear be wise.

12. Basirat Abubakar

Basirat Abubakar

May 30, 2017 at 10:03 pm

And any that is Chopin his mouth is very wicked see how he is Chopin his mouth.

13. Ifunanya Mbelu Eneh

Ifunanya Mbelu Eneh

May 30, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Marriage!!!

14. Sefinat Yusuf

Sefinat Yusuf

May 30, 2017 at 10:36 pm

He inhibits the same characters he plays in movies always irresponsible and battering women

15. Temi Tope

Temi Tope

May 30, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Point of correction, the first wife left on their wedding night. She ran away.

16. Uzoh Blessing Anosike

Uzoh Blessing Anosike

May 30, 2017 at 11:57 pm

How is it that he’s living the bad role is use to act.

17. Anita Ubah Dimaku

Anita Ubah Dimaku

May 31, 2017 at 11:48 am

And she left,now u ve also left,the next person would leave too,abeg something is wrong wit the man!!

18. Mayaki Abdulkareem Ashiat

Mayaki Abdulkareem Ashiat

May 31, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Say no to violence but at the same time u need to respect ur husband 2wrongs Doesn’t make a right according to u he said u re crazy and you tell him he is crazy too……am not judging you but in cases like this patience is advisable

19. Prisca Orjiugo

Prisca Orjiugo

May 31, 2017 at 3:06 pm

#Realmendonthit

20. Juliet Igbo

Juliet Igbo

May 31, 2017 at 7:46 pm

He’s a cheat and an irresponsible man, a man who sees nothing wrong with having extramarital affairs, and later abused me because I turned him down

21. Victoria Obasi

Victoria Obasi

May 31, 2017 at 11:00 pm

but i taugt this guy is good guy na waoo