Celebrity

Juliana Olayode Gives A Comprehensive Account Of Why People Believed She Is Virgin And Why She Did Not Correct Them Until Now

Juliana Olayode has just released a new book titled Rebirth.

One of the main things she talked about in the book is her virginity – how she lost, how people assumed she still had it and why she never corrected the assumption until now.

Juliana who is well known for her role as Toyosi in the Jenifa Diary TV series, as well as her advocacy for sexual purity and abstinence, has made a very bold move to right her wrong.

Below is an excerpt from the book narrating how the lies started;

Ebony Life TV called me for an interview. I went and for the first time in my several interviews, I was asked point blank if I was a virgin. I tried to evade the question, but my interviewer was not having it. She demanded for a yes or no. I did not see the question coming and I lied. I said, “Yes, I am a virgin”.

Immediately the interview was over, I hurried to the bathroom in the studio and cried. I felt terrible for lying and told God I was sorry. I called Dee on my way home and confessed my wrong. I explained further when I got home. The next thing he said shocked me. He said, “Call her and confess the truth. Ask for a rescheduling of the interview; do it again and undo your mistake.”

I was not going to do that. I felt it was my secret and the whole world need not know about it. I was upset with myself, however, for answering her. I could have insisted I could not tell. So, I proposed never to answer such again. Easier said than done, right?

Shortly after, I was on another TV interview, Crux Of The Matter, with Elsie. I was invited to talk for sexual purity while the other guest spoke against. In the process of the discussion, around the time when it was heated, I was asked out of the blues again if I was a virgin. And before I knew it, I heard myself lying again. I was mad at myself.

I was on another TV interview that trended for a while. It was On The Couch, with Lady Ariyike. I talked about sexual purity, but thankfully I was not asked if I was virgin.

After that one, I decided to stop interviews altogether. I was tired of lying or having to dread lying if I was asked straight up.

1. Isaac Rosemary Jasmine

Isaac Rosemary Jasmine

August 19, 2017 at 7:16 am

Couldn’t you have just said ” No,am not a virgin”(still takes the same time you used to lie)

2. Abasifion Ukpong

Abasifion Ukpong

August 19, 2017 at 12:55 pm

I would have prefrerred the answer I can’t answer that,instead of lieing, because knife was not under ya throat, what wud be after that interview would b,besides u have broken some of your fans heart cux after Jenifer dairy ,the love increase with your purity status but now we cant say..it well

3. Favour Umaru

Favour Umaru

August 19, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Her life, her virginity.does it look like we really cared about your sexual life?couldnt you have just said that’s a bit personal and I wouldn’t want to talk about It. I wonder if this lady has any atom of truth in her.

4. Stella Ajaraonye Taiwo

Stella Ajaraonye Taiwo

August 19, 2017 at 2:22 pm

She took Her role in Jenifer’s diary and brought it into real life thereby crossing the line BTW acting and reality. Dear Juliana, you are not a virgin, please stop lying and projecting yourself as one. You can also still be advocating for sexual purity without being a Virgin BC there is no crime in that

5. Bright Ndibunwa

Bright Ndibunwa

August 19, 2017 at 6:35 pm

There are things in life that are between u,urself and ur God.

Abasifion Ukpong

August 19, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Some people don’t know that, critical confessions are to God and not man, he alone is d ultimate judge

6. Chimdinma Ubaka

Chimdinma Ubaka

August 19, 2017 at 7:15 pm

I learnt one thing in life.. Don’t put yourself in a position where you would also need to explain yourself.. You owe no one any explanation,even if you weren’t.
    Be You!
    Be Yourself.!
    And you’ll find peace like I did.

7. Ogunleye Hibidunny Arthorniah

Ogunleye Hibidunny Arthorniah

August 19, 2017 at 7:52 pm

Everyone is entitled to their life matters….this girl should be left alone….

8. Esther Adetola

Esther Adetola

August 19, 2017 at 8:12 pm

In the first place,who cared to know if you were a virgin or not? Attention seeker oshi,not like you were going to get killed for saying you weren’t a virgin.
    Anyways,it still ain’t anybody’s business whether u r a virgin or not…
    Some things are better left unsaid…

9. Lydia Jobdi Jobdi

Lydia Jobdi Jobdi

August 20, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Toyo I tieyer for your matter oooooo weather you are a Virgin or not it your secret..