The arrival of a baby is one that comes with serious plans and preparations. A lot of things have to be in place to ensure a smooth transition. You want her to feel as safe and comfortable in her new home.
One of those necessities is a baby nursery. Whether it’s in your bedroom or in a separate room, nurseries are one of the most important things you need to prepare for the arrival of your baby. You shouldn’t have to wait until the last-minute.
Now, creating the right nursery for your baby can pose a bit of a challenge especially if you are a first-time mom. There are all these ideas everywhere and you can’t seem to find something that works for you. Yes, it can also get a bit overwhelming and you have questions like,
What part of my house will the nursery be located?
What factors do I need to consider before creating a nursery?
Is it cost – friendly?
Do I even need it at all?
How much am I willing to spend on a nursery?
Do I have a budget?
Do I have a shopping list?
When you have truthfully answered these questions, then you are ready to move to the next level.
Nursery Ideas On A Budget
- Get some inspiration. What exactly do you want? Have you seen anything you like that you can imitate? Pinterest is a great tool for some baby nursery inspo!
- Start early. Like I mentioned earlier, don’t wait until your water breaks before running around. Start early enough.
- Make a shopping list. Just because you are on a budget doesn’t mean you are not going to spend at all. Make a list of things you want to buy.
- Find ways to improvise. Where necessary, improvise. For instance, if you can’t afford a changing table, you can improve with your ironing board or any safe and comfortable table.
- Look out for deals and coupons. No, it doesn’t mean you are broke. It just means you are finding ways to spend less and save more.
- Matching is not necessary. Yeah, some moms like to go overboard with that matchy thing which is fine. But remember, you are on a budget and you have to be wise about your choices.
- Don’t stick to the baby/kids section. Since you are buying for your baby, it only makes sense to shop at the baby’s section right? Well, do not limit yourself. You could also get great things in the general section.
- Refurbish where necessary. You might have a few things you have kept in your store since forever that might actually be useful. This is the time to go in there and bring them out!
- Focus on the essentials. You might have seen something you liked during your research when shopping. Trust me, it’s very easy to get carried away but don’t lose focus.
- Work with your budget. It might be tempting the go overboard given all of the inspiration you might have seen. Always remember your budget and stick to it.
About Blazers and Baby – A team of moms who want to help you figure out this life of working and mothering. Blazers and Baby brings you thoughtful posts on building a professional career, figuring out parenting and enjoying the journey.