Celebrity

8 Things We Never Knew About Juliana Olayode Until We Read Her New Book ‘Rebirth’

Juliana Olayode, popularly known as Toyo baby has released her book, Rebirth where  she gave a detailed account of her life, without holding much back.

Although, talking about some personal experiences was quite emotional for the actress, she had to be honest and let people, who she may have once led to believe some things about her, know the truth.

Below are 10 shocking things we found out about the actress

age

She clocked 22, on the 7the of June, 2017.

she was sexually abused

She explained that she got back from school one day with her younger brother and they met the absence of her sisters. A neighbour, who asked them to come and stay at his place till her sisters arrived, ended up abusing her.

she hawked on the street

After her family relocated to Ogun state, they could barely feed themselves, so her step-mum asked her and her younger brother to hawk snacks so as to sustain the family. It got so bad that when her mum visited, and saw how sick and unkempt she was, she insisted she was leaving with her.

she could not go to the university

Just before she graduated from secondary school, Toyo baby had written JAMB and was admitted into the University of Ibadan. Sadly, she lost the admission when her mother couldn’t raise enough money.

she was disvirgined by her married music teacher at 17

She joined a music training class in church and became the best student; hence, she got the attention of her music teacher, and they soon, became friends.

As they grew closer, her music teacher proposed marriage to her, telling her how she was better than his wife and how he had divorced her. He also made her talk to his mother, who asked that she visits her when next her son was coming to the village.

According to her, she loved her music teacher so much and in no time, they were already discussing sex even though she had told him she didn’t want to engage in the act.

One day, he called her to tell her he was going to die except he had sex because his scrotum was seriously aching from unreleased sperm. Not wanting her beloved music teacher, who would soon be her groom to die, Toyo baby said she gave in.

she was almost sexually abused her pastor

They had a new pastor in church, who told her that she needed deliverance. He asked her to do a three day fasting and report to church each day for prayers. When she got there on the first day, the pastor told her that he had to anoint her vagina, but when she remembered the dirty things her music teacher did to her, she understood what her pastor was up to and she left.

She got fame but not money from Jenifa’s Diary

She was 19 when she starred in Jenifa’s Diary. She had thought that her financial status would change for the better but the money she received could not do all she had fantasized. She explained that while on the set of Jenifa’s Diary, she still ushered at events for stipends, just to make ends meet.

she kept up the lie that she was a virgin, but eventually told the truth

For every of her Instagram post on sexual purity, Toyo baby said people always assumed she was a virgin and she never corrected their assumptions because she didn’t want the world to know her secret.

She said,

Ebony Life TV called me for an interview. I went and for the first time in my several interviews, I was asked point blank if I was a virgin. I tried to evade the question, but my interviewer was not having it. She demanded for a yes or no. I did not see the question coming and I lied. I said, “Yes, I am a virgin”.

Immediately the interview was over, I hurried to the bathroom in the studio and cried. I felt terrible for lying and told God I was sorry. I called Dee on my way home and confessed my wrong. I explained further when I got home. The next thing he said shocked me. He said, “Call her and confess the truth. Ask for a rescheduling of the interview; do it again and undo your mistake.”

I was not going to do that. I felt it was my secret and the whole world need not know about it. I was upset with myself, however, for answering her. I could have insisted I could not tell. So, I proposed never to answer such again. Easier said than done, right?

Shortly after, I was on another TV interview, Crux Of The Matter, with Elsie. I was invited to talk for sexual purity while the other guest spoke against. In the process of the discussion, around the time when it was heated, I was asked out of the blues again if I was a virgin. And before I knew it, I heard myself lying again. I was mad at myself.

I was on another TV interview that trended for a while. It was On The Couch, with Lady Ariyike. I talked about sexual purity, but thankfully I was not asked if I was virgin.

After that one, I decided to stop interviews altogether. I was tired of lying or having to dread lying if I was asked straight up.

1. Tawakalt Omolara Aromire

Tawakalt Omolara Aromire

September 4, 2017 at 6:36 pm

So she lied about her virginity and comes out with a book to twist the story. It is well with her.

Tomi Lola

September 4, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Wouldn’t you have done the same if it were you?

Tawakalt Omolara Aromire

September 4, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Why would I lie about my virginity? To answer your question I would not have done the same.

2. Jay Dey

Jay Dey

September 4, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Wow. That’s is why I never ever believe any lady hu says she’s a virgin. Why try to portray a certain image of what u are not

Esther Opaaje

September 4, 2017 at 8:31 pm

People who truly are virgins usually don’t advertise it

3. Esther Opaaje

Esther Opaaje

September 4, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Virgin or not, she’s for sexual purity. You don’t have to be a virgin to advertise or advocate for that… But there’s no need lying though whatever the pressure… Who will beat her for refusing to comment ke?

4. ChedeeMah Princess Onuorah

ChedeeMah Princess Onuorah

September 4, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Hmmmm…Evry1 has dere own story to tell
    We all av gone thru certain finx in our lyfs dat ain’t cool

5. Iyeah Andeshi

Iyeah Andeshi

September 4, 2017 at 8:53 pm

I think she is ungrateful trying to paint Jennifer Diary in a bad light.

6. Oluwa Bukolami

Oluwa Bukolami

September 4, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Look at how funke akindele started from nothing in the movie series(I need to know) and look at where she is today. Juliana was not patient at all, she wanted fast money.

7. Josefyne Darmilorlah Clare

Josefyne Darmilorlah Clare

September 4, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Nt a single patient…dia is a yoruba adage dat says on ur way out to luk 4 money u met fame, jst go back home nd slp cos fame is better dan money. @juliana do u knw d doors merely working wt @funkeakindele wil open 4 u. Money is nt evrytn o

Lydia Paul

September 4, 2017 at 11:02 pm

No body ll luv to remain in same place for years so I bliv dia is nothing wrong in asking for increment .

Ikem Kelechi

September 5, 2017 at 11:19 am

How many years? Do you know how long it took Jenifer to get to where she is? And do you think Jenifer has all the money on earth? Patience is a great virtue.

Oyindamola Ola Ayanfeoluwa

September 5, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Illd have not commented if ive not been through Toyo’s road,but all i know is that,all that glitters is not gold!This so called celebrities are opposite of what they pose to be!Ill just shush at this point….Bye!

8. Fakehinde Temitope

Fakehinde Temitope

September 4, 2017 at 10:15 pm

E everyone have story to say weather good or bad,!

9. Azebhojie Mercy Gold

Azebhojie Mercy Gold

September 5, 2017 at 2:58 am

Such is life…..we all have a story to tell

10. Nyame Adebambo Mary

Nyame Adebambo Mary

September 5, 2017 at 3:09 am

If not for Jennifer, who knows u. She brought u to limelight now see what u saying. Humans sha.

11. Odeli Charity

Odeli Charity

September 5, 2017 at 6:53 am

Toyo baby! you own your life and will be responsible for any decision you take I don’t have the right to judge or scold you cos you are an Adult.still love you though but remember patience is a Virtue.

12. Ladi Jibrin Etubi

Ladi Jibrin Etubi

September 5, 2017 at 7:23 am

Make person hear word abeg!

13. Olu Bun Mi

Olu Bun Mi

September 5, 2017 at 8:01 am

19?

14. Joyce A. Oyeniyi

Joyce A. Oyeniyi

September 5, 2017 at 8:09 am

This our generation sef.!
    I knew her impatience made her had issues with big aunty Jenifa..!
    Secondly, getting deflowered in a bit to ease the scrotum pain of her music teesha boyfriend is never an excuse fah (brows up).. Who ease of pain eppp! After all the man was married… How would I just come up to be a man’s life-saver..! (ask me n I’d tell you how I’ve determingly saved maself from stories that touches the heart as these)
    Thirdly, how would one on earth dent her image by lying on a show where you knw the world ws viewing you..Even the teesha would burst in laughter at the stance of your lies!!! 😂. Wisdom is profitable..
    This life sha.! Only Jesus should be ones role model abeg cos all this people one is hyping shouldn’t be hyped in no stance..! She dissapointed many with those stories of hers and moreover who advised her to come up with that book abeg???
    Just felt she hasn’t attained such height of sharing such… I’m sure aunty Jenifa would be pitying her condition by the reason of how people now mock her now.. Only we children would be saying oddeeshi patching her up!
    #myTake

15. Ikem Kelechi

Ikem Kelechi

September 5, 2017 at 11:15 am

Greedy girl… Rome was not built in a day.

16. Ada Ruth Chukwubuike

Ada Ruth Chukwubuike

September 5, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Who asked you to write a book,that will contradict you..you don’t need to tell the whole world your life history..no one asked for it..I miss u for jenifa’s diary sha..

17. Vivian Akhaluola

Vivian Akhaluola

September 5, 2017 at 3:05 pm

What happened to her

18. Charity Ozy

Charity Ozy

September 5, 2017 at 10:12 pm

What happened

19. Arisekola Oluwatoyin

Arisekola Oluwatoyin

September 6, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Ur music teacher slept with u at age 17 and we are calling that “sextual abuse”… from the stroies, u got close to the man and u actually fell in love with him. anyways, I personally don’t see any abuse in this story. U got what u planned for. It wasn’t as if u were raped or something. U were discussing sex with him definitely what do u expected. Plus ur plan was to break a home at that age! Cos at that age u were ought to focus on ur studies not falling in love with a married man. If u can swallow up ur pride and go back to Jenifer’s diary I think that will be better. And pls learn to be straight forward and patient in life. Money isn’t everything. I’m sure u fell in love with ur music teacher cos of money and now u re shouting “sextually abused” upandan. Goodluck to u sha…