Celebrity

“Before I Became An Entertainer, I Was Close To Becoming An Evangelist But I Backslide” – Tonto Dikeh On Finding God

For some time now, Tonto Dikeh has been proudly addressing herself as a born again christian.

Although, many think Tonto changed as a result of the recent challenges she went through in her marriage, the actress explained she had always been a good christian but only backslid.

In an interview with Jayne Augoye of Premium Times, Tonto talks more abut her new found faith.

On the secret behind her new glow

Well, firstly I am born again and when you have God, you just radiate. So all the glow is from within; you don’t fake God’s glow. You also can’t fake God’s glory because it overwhelms you. I don’t know how to say what I want to say but when God steps into a situation or your life he elevates you and makes you see things in a different light. So, the glow you see is all God. I am a radical for Christ.

If she plans to set up a church or become an evangelist

Yes I will, before I became an entertainer I was close to becoming an evangelist but I backslid. But not to say anything, I am back with God. I don’t know where God is taking me to. But if it is the pulpit, I am ready.

If the backlashes she had received on social media was as a result of being born again

Well, even if I wasn’t born again, they will still come for me. You see, the devil cannot steal from an empty barrel; you have to be fully charged. I will go through a lot of things, whatever is happening now this is nothing compared to what is yet to come. What I have seen is not even half of what will come in the future. I am ready for more; there will be worse to come and I’m ready for it. When God prepares you in a different kind of way, I can fight my battles on my own strength.

If she would remarry or reconcile with her estranged husband as a child of God

Love is a beautiful thing and love is exquisite. So, of course, I will remarry once I find true love.

1. Success King

Success King

September 9, 2017 at 11:21 am

No worry God go don

2. Funke Sanyaolu Famoroti

Funke Sanyaolu Famoroti

September 9, 2017 at 11:22 am

That’s the spirit dear! Careless what people say,now that your heart is stuck on God,am so happy for you cos you are sure on the Very right part. Cheers dearie

3. Regina Ubani

Regina Ubani

September 9, 2017 at 11:22 am

Hmmmmmm God this world is in your hands ooooo

4. Bennie Uko

Bennie Uko

September 9, 2017 at 11:31 am

Is she really the one saying all these things?

5. Teena Tinis

Teena Tinis

September 9, 2017 at 11:35 am

Jesu Christi! All the celebs are drawn to the Altar these days. Woah!

6. Micheal Gift Neny

Micheal Gift Neny

September 9, 2017 at 11:37 am

God is with you

7. Onyinyechi Ndubuisi Ikpeama

Onyinyechi Ndubuisi Ikpeama

September 9, 2017 at 11:38 am

Yes dear go for it, those doing it are not better than you, some are former cultist

8. Morolake Oladejo Isaac

Morolake Oladejo Isaac

September 9, 2017 at 11:47 am

SKILLS ACQUISITION/EMPOWERMENT TRAINING
    Have You Been Seeing Some Mocktail Drinks, Smoothie And Milkshakes At Events, Restaurant And Bar And You Wish To Acquire It As A Skill
    Do you want to learn how to make Small chops,pastries and different types of cakes?
    Are you interested in organic skin care;making essential oils,creams and soaps?
    Join Our Mixology Class As You Learn How to Become A Professional Mixologist For Event and Your Family At Your Own Convenience From The SKILLS ACQUISITION/EMPOWERMENT TRAINING
    Join Our Mixology Class As You Learn How to Become A Professional Mixologist For Event,clients and Your Family At Your Own Convenience From The Comfort Of Your Home
    DATE:13th August – 17th September, 2017
    FEE:1000Naira Only
    VENUE:ONLINE VIA WHATSAPP
    Follow The Link To Join The Entrepreneur
    If Truly Interested And Ready To make Payments ,Join Through The Link Above.
    Course Outline
    Whitening lotion
    Lightening soap
    Butt enlargement oil
    Air freshner*
    The Training Comes With Videos,Recipes&Procedures
    It Is Time To Invest In Yourself And Improve Your Knowledge
    Learn A Skill For A Better Life,Career and Business With A Token!
    Also E-book is available

9. Chioma Olaoluwa Bethel

Chioma Olaoluwa Bethel

September 9, 2017 at 11:57 am

Welcome, pls remain in the fold. We have been waiting for you, dear one

10. Faith Okuanyono

Faith Okuanyono

September 9, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Hmmmmmm,,,he good 4 you

11. Zelex C. Zelex

Zelex C. Zelex

September 9, 2017 at 3:37 pm

If she claims to be a born again, Then I will wait for two years watching her life style before making a comment.

12. Nwogu Oluchi Ebere Chukwu

Nwogu Oluchi Ebere Chukwu

September 9, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Can some one pls help me tell Di’s tontoh,to talk less and hit d streets with her bible

13. Nathaniel Comfort Uyai

Nathaniel Comfort Uyai

September 9, 2017 at 7:40 pm

If it’s that one. Abeg go remove that your fearful tattoo. I like you but remove that tattoo

14. Itohowo Essien

Itohowo Essien

September 9, 2017 at 7:43 pm

I no fit talk

15. Oluwaseun Hardedolapor Jaiyeola Dossou

Oluwaseun Hardedolapor Jaiyeola Dossou

September 9, 2017 at 9:50 pm

God is great

16. Lynda Ogochukwu

Lynda Ogochukwu

September 10, 2017 at 1:55 am

I guess u hv d call of becoming an evangelist…