Celebrity

Kiki Osinbajo Speaks On Her Parents’ Reaction When She Told Them She Was Starting A Beauty Business

Kiki Osinbajo is the 24-year-old daughter of the vice president, Yemi Osinbajo.

She is also the CEO of Glam’d Africa, a one-stop shop for all beauty products, including, clothing, accessories, skincare, hair products, makeup and a nail salon.

Even though she is a law graduate, Kiki has always had a knack for business and she decided to explore that field. Surprisingly, she got the full support of her parents.

In a chat with Enuma Okoro of Guardian, Kiki speaks on her parent’s reaction when she first shared with them, her vision of starting a beauty company

She said,
I studied law and business management. Though I found it interesting, I didn’t feel passionate about it like I was about fashion and the beauty industry. My dad knew I wasn’t going to practice law. He still teases me about it. Every now and then I hear, “My daughter studied law but doesn’t want to practice.” But he supports my determination.

My father is a very dedicated person. I like to think I inherited that trait. He raised my siblings and me to believe that we could do anything. From the time we were much younger till now, whenever we would try something he would always say, “Good, but you can do it bigger.” I can’t help but learn from watching him.

As for my mother, half the time I was the one worried and coming up with all the “What ifs?” Finally she just said to me, ‘Look if you keep saying ‘what if’ it’s not going to happen.’ I’ll admit, initially I was scared even though I didn’t tell anyone that flat out. But the support of my parents and family has enabled me, and even emboldened me.

I remember the day I was going to actually start implementing my business plan, a friend who is like a brother to me called and said, “Are you sure you want to do this? There will be a lot of work and so many people to deal with.”

At that point I was determined to give it my all and I told him that I didn’t want anybody trying to talk me out of this. I knew it would be a lot of hard work but I was ready.

Read full interview on  Guardian

1. Grace Etong

Grace Etong

September 10, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Pursue ur on vision and dreams if u find the finger of God in it.

2. Onyinyechi Ndubuisi Ikpeama

Onyinyechi Ndubuisi Ikpeama

September 10, 2017 at 5:32 pm

Good but she looks older than 24 considering her slim body and rich background, looks more of 28 to me, afterall she is the oldest ,so the others are teenagers.
    Just saying my observation

Obums Fumzy

September 10, 2017 at 5:50 pm

E no tire you so

Mngohol Ukpi Grace Gwaza

September 11, 2017 at 4:13 pm

I was very slim and 20 when i got married to my husband of 26 then. Yet alot of people felt i was older than my husband. And i didn’t come from poverty

Onyinyechi Ndubuisi Ikpeama

September 11, 2017 at 4:43 pm

She is not yet married, she has a small stature like the father , that is not her age and I wasn’t compering her with a man.
      Besides in your own case ,once a woman gives birth she start looking older than her age if she is not financially buoyant to maintain herself. You know y they reduced her age ,it’s because she yet to marry so she wants to retain that name ‘a girl’

3. Anjoorin Oluwatomilola

Anjoorin Oluwatomilola

September 13, 2017 at 5:02 pm

Life is easier when family n friends support your business
    Miel Creationz ,for things cakes n all