Celebrity

“You Don’t Know Half Of What I Have Gone Through. I Only Leave It To God” – Muma Gee Reveals What Actually Went Wrong In Her Marriage

There are many untold stories of pain and heart breaks behind many marriages that fail. How does a once happy union become a source of pain and betrayal? How do two people who once loved each other become strangers who can no longer see eye to eye?

Singer Muma Gee’s marriage to Prince Eke has been in the news for sometime, but in a chat with Nonye Ben-Nwankwo and Ademola Olonilua of Punch, Muma Gee shared details of what actually went wrong in her marriage.

Read excerpts below.

On infidelity

He said I was seen with men, who are the men? Where is the proof? I am a high chief. Why would you come out and lie against somebody who has been kind to you? There is nemesis for all of this. I knew there was a victim he wanted to impress.

Last May, I got a call from a woman who told me that she and my ex were supposed to get married but he had run away to the US. The lady said she was sorry that she got involved with him. That was not the first time but the fourth time somebody who was married to me would propose to four different women during my marriage.

Come on! You don’t know half of what I have gone through. I only leave it to God. When I had my twins, a woman based in America called Gina sent me a friend request on Facebook and I accepted. Then she sent me her naked pictures and my ex in bed.

My ex had proposed to this same woman on a Valentine’s Day and April of that year, I was delivered of a set of twins and the pictures went viral. This lady ran mad and looked for me on FB. The street I live in Port Harcourt is named after me. This woman told me that a girl on that street gave birth to a child for my husband. She sent me the picture of the baby.

I had heard that he had slept with most of the actresses in Nollywood especially the up and coming ones. But I didn’t care. I wanted to keep my home. I had been in pains all through the years I was married. He had an affair with the DCO of the police station in the area we lived in Port Harcourt.

Two of them used to wear the same attire to attend police functions. Everybody felt the policewoman was the wife of my ex. This DCO is even a married woman.

There was a day he came home and said he was done with our marriage. He went to the drawer where we kept the wedding certificate and he tore it to pieces. I still have the pieces packed in a nylon bag. He and this police woman planned to take my kids from me. This was April 2015. He packed my kids’ clothes into a box and he and the woman took my kids to the motherless babies’ home.

Later in the evening, I got a call from the orphanage saying they needed my approval for them to accept my kids at the motherless babies’ home. I screamed! Later on, a policeman brought my kids back home.

Just recently, another woman called me that she had spent $7000 dollars on my ex. She saw my children’s picture on my ex’s DP and she went mad. I told her that I wished her luck.”

On domestic violence

I would have still forgiven him as I always forgave him each time he walked out of the marriage and came back after a couple of months. But this last time, he held my neck tightly and said he was going to kill me.

I was holding my two-month-old baby. He gave me a dirty slap and the baby was thrown out of my hand and the baby’s head hit the bed. It wasn’t the first time he would grab my neck and torment me. He had beaten me a couple of times. But the last beating came with, ‘you are finished!’ he said he was done with me.

Shortly before I gave birth, I had sold one of my lands. He gave me N100, 000 and said as I was going to the village; I should buy sand and concrete for the house he was building in the village. But I finished the money I got from selling my land on his building in the village.

I loaned him N500, 000 and when trouble started and I needed money to feed the kids, I asked him for the money. That was when he beat me, held my neck and said he was going to kill me and that I was finished. When he released me, I told him he was not God and that I was not finished.

He packed out of the house and checked into a hotel. Once in a while, he would call the house help and tell her to dress the children and he would take them out and then he would send one of his girlfriends to bring back the kids. It was after this incident that I had to look for an agent and I begged her to book shows for me so that hunger would not kill me and my children since he had stopped taking care of us.

Read full interview on Punch

1. Lagos Ebikaboere Betty

Lagos Ebikaboere Betty

September 16, 2017 at 1:05 pm

It is well.

2. Nancy Hycienth

Nancy Hycienth

September 16, 2017 at 1:15 pm

Needless talking much For Prince Eke can’t stop been a Bad Egg……… He bites every hand Dat feeds him. Even though I saw this Coming the initial time I heard of you both Marriage…….. Just know he is living with invectives. It’s well with you ma’am

3. Gifty Mensah

Gifty Mensah

September 16, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Hmmm is painful God will fight for u Everything in prayers don’t joke with prayers it really work.

4. Ezinne Edike

Ezinne Edike

September 16, 2017 at 1:26 pm

This is so painful, it’s well with you.

5. Manny Ani Willie

Manny Ani Willie

September 16, 2017 at 1:41 pm

You don’t need to die before you take a long walk, dont let him kill you simply becuz you want the marriage to work pls.

6. Chichi Otabor

Chichi Otabor

September 16, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Men sha! Odiegwu o.

7. Sheila Sober

Sheila Sober

September 16, 2017 at 1:53 pm

How love suddenly gone sour and how hatred creeps in and take over is really amazing.

One minutes you can’t live without each other and the next you can’t stand each other. There really is no real love on this planet earth.

8. Nancy Obus

Nancy Obus

September 16, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Hmmmm its pain,the lord is ur strength.

9. Sally Ufelle

Sally Ufelle

September 16, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Hmmmm…….God will comfort U

10. Selinah Aboh

Selinah Aboh

September 16, 2017 at 2:21 pm

It really shame very few men stand by wives this young men of today are so irresponsible

Kevin Windzy

September 16, 2017 at 5:05 pm

dis young women of today are all runs girls(prostitude).

Mary Uwaechi

September 16, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Yes today’s women are Runs girls and prostitutes but the men are also their client.

Kevin Windzy

September 17, 2017 at 12:58 pm

how do u tell a junky to stop smoking if u dnt stop selling?

Austin Patrick

September 17, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Thank God you said ‘Junky’…. That is where self control comes in! You can’t blame lack of self control on other’ sellers’… It is your responsibility to look and Waka pass! There are nasty girls, nasty guys, and there are the good ones! SAY NO TO ‘GENERALIZING’!

11. Uchechi Kate

Uchechi Kate

September 16, 2017 at 3:59 pm

God will comfort u

12. Abah John

Abah John

September 16, 2017 at 4:12 pm

sorry Muma Gee…

13. Sharon Fadipe

Sharon Fadipe

September 16, 2017 at 5:37 pm

People are entitled to their opinion u don’t need to much of explanation.Nigeria women are the best in the world.It is well my sister

14. Habiba Kabiru Shigini

Habiba Kabiru Shigini

September 16, 2017 at 5:43 pm

My der leave him to go where ever he wish, he will still come back to you that is Nigerian men for you because is only that face they want to change nothing more just Cam urself he’s is ur husband.

15. Sarah Ahanor-Wilson

Sarah Ahanor-Wilson

September 16, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Hmmm it is well with you my sister Mumagee Eke God is changing your story for good already.

16. Regina Wilson

Regina Wilson

September 16, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Muma it is well

17. Regina Wilson

Regina Wilson

September 16, 2017 at 8:19 pm

Dats Hw he goes around acting n pretending 2 b single he even asked my dearest friend to be he friend n P.A den Wen he was kidnapped

18. Adaku Chibuzor

Adaku Chibuzor

September 16, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Of course I know most of what you have gone through. I also know that healing will be faster when you keep that memory only to raise your children better, live life to the fullest (in God), choose to forget about the ingrate, refocus n keep shining. I wish you peace. Amen

19. Chichi Onuoha Oke

Chichi Onuoha Oke

September 16, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Bt u old pass dat guy sha

20. Orhue ID Ann Amedu

Orhue ID Ann Amedu

September 16, 2017 at 10:04 pm

Somebody can not come n die simply because she want marriage to work, leaving d kids was not d best option but I won’t judge u tho.

Obosa Faith Aigbogho Imade

September 17, 2017 at 3:40 am

She didn’t leave d kids. That was d impression her ex gave. U didn’t read d full story

21. Chioma Onwudiwe

Chioma Onwudiwe

September 17, 2017 at 3:30 am

Madam, you’re too old for this shit honestly.

22. Otonye Olive Tyger

Otonye Olive Tyger

September 17, 2017 at 8:41 am

Move on my dear, you’re a great woman and there’s nothing stopping you. You’re still beautiful and a good man who knows your worth will find you.

23. Adline Uma Kalu

Adline Uma Kalu

September 17, 2017 at 9:43 am

MY SISTER, DON’T WORRIY GOD WILL BRING BACK HIS SENSES, JUST GIVE URSELF PEACE OF MIND,IT IS WELL

24. Lyndah Misan Alabi

Lyndah Misan Alabi

September 17, 2017 at 11:51 am

ALOT of our women are the diggers of their own very grave. Am not here to condemn or justify anybody but pride won’t let us admit our own faults. Madam go build your home in Christ Jesus the solid rock. When a man talks one and a woman talk ten then yooooou don’t have to cry over domestic violence…Am telling you fr my own experiences.

Alice Okile Syer

September 17, 2017 at 11:58 am

What about d man flirting without small respect for d woman? What is making d woman to talk ten if d man is cool headed n behaves normal. My dear na God Bcos d so call marriage thing is not easy. God help us.

Lyndah Misan Alabi

September 17, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Alice Okile Syer nobody has ever said Marriage was going to a bed of roses. You get wot you give. It’s in the Holy Bible that a woman shud submit herself into her hus and not as a slave but as a wife but some sort prides of celebrity gets into our heads along the way…what happens to mummy joke Silva and her hubby? What’s happens to mercy Johnson and her hubby? Ain’t those ones bigger celebrities? You think they don’t have iishs in their marriages?
      My dear we shud pick a lead from the good trees.
      I still stand in my word that you give in your best to get the bestest out of it. It’s not easy but it is very well. I am strongly against divorce and it kills my spirit when I see people who once said all the lovey-dovey words to one another saying hating words just within a space of very few yrs.

Ifeoma Okolin Nwaebor

September 17, 2017 at 12:14 pm

I agree with you Lyndah Misan Alabi. Just that we ladies don’t accept even wen at fault
      That’s bad !!!
      Ladies tha complain my hubby this my hubby that won’t still tell you the part they didn’t play well
      I am not siding the men that misbehave but atleast we (ladies) should work more on ourselves!!

Folashade Awoseyi

September 17, 2017 at 1:54 pm

We are not super humans!! We try and shouldn’t be punished for the parts we seemingly don’t play well. Sensible men compliment their wives not cheat on them!! And to think women are always to blame for the crash of any marriage smacks of narrow mindedness and cruelty

Lyndah Misan Alabi

September 17, 2017 at 5:25 pm

You’ve spoken Folashade Awoseyi but we women are 70% the reasons for break ups in marriages. You can do a research on that and you’ll just be amazed to see the outcome of your findings.

Lyndah Misan Alabi

September 17, 2017 at 5:26 pm

Thanks my darling Ifeoma Okolin Nwaebor. You’re simply in the spirit.

Clara Adaobi Okafor

September 17, 2017 at 11:13 pm

Lyndah Misan Alabi I beg to differ in that your submission that women are 70% the reasons for break ups in marriages. Where did you get the data please?Thats a big fat lie, make your research or show us where you got your data. Why do we blame ourselves for things we are not responsible for????

Onyinyechi Benson Muoneke

September 17, 2017 at 11:24 pm

SMH.. Let me just pass..

Lindyway Ogheneruona

September 18, 2017 at 6:16 am

People just comment cos they wanna look better when they ain’t any better

Ibeto Chijindu

September 18, 2017 at 7:10 am

oh dear pray you dnt experience what others pass through. .cus I can c u you are newly married …I have been 8 yrs and still counting. ..is nt easy..dnt fall on the part that die because of marriage my dear some time is nt wot any body life …all we need is to train our boy child well if nt more of the impatience over our girl during marriage wil go much….since u say is bc of our mouth dats y we pass through DV in marriage. ..that means you are in full support of dos that kills there wife’s abi?…pray you dnt wat others see.is far beyond dat the mouth of a tin….good luck

25. James Mccloud

James Mccloud

September 17, 2017 at 12:52 pm

KO

26. Adline Avuru

Adline Avuru

September 17, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Move on my dear,just give ur self peace

27. Calistus Ezembu

Calistus Ezembu

September 18, 2017 at 9:51 pm

God is saying something, listen and hear him