Celebrity

Iyabo Ojo On How She Started Her Amala Resturant

In addition to being an actor, Iyabo Ojo is also an entreprenuer with a number of businesses. She also just opened an Amala Joint in Lekki and in a chat with ’Nonye Ben-Nwankwo and Ademola Olonilua of Punch, she shared how she started this business.

She said,

I did not collect a loan to open my business, I saved. I had been planning to open this place for a very long time, so I had been saving. When I wanted to get my new office building, I sold some of my property. I sold almost all my gold if not everything.

During that time, I sold one batch and when I needed more money, I sold the rest. I told myself to forget about gold for now because I know that I can make the money back later. With the support of good people as well, I was able to get my office building.

The first lady of Kwara State who came to inaugurate the building supported me. Some of my godparents also supported me because I told them that I wanted to sell amala

See also: How I Started My Business: Bunmi Arinbola, Founder Of Elewa Foods

I opened the Abula Spot because I noticed that on the Island, they do not really have anywhere you could go to get the local dish unlike the way we do on the mainland. When I moved to the Island, I decided that I was going to open my restaurant here.

I had been planning to open this business for a long while but I did not have the time to monitor it at the time. When I saw that I had the time to go into the business, I went for it. I had two shops on the mainland so I decided to close one down

1. Queen Martha Ihenyen

Queen Martha Ihenyen

October 8, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Inspirational

2. Abidemi Oluwatobiloba Adeleye

Abidemi Oluwatobiloba Adeleye

October 8, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Kudos to u sis

3. Ughara Onome

Ughara Onome

October 9, 2017 at 12:45 am

That’s the spirit… Young generation listen, read and learn. Stop waiting for white collar jobs or depending on man to survive. Become an employer of labour, earn respect, reputation by having a hand work. Weldon sis.. God bless ur handwork amen

4. Princess Glory Patricks

Aremo Moyosore Happiness

October 9, 2017 at 2:46 pm

That is good of you

7. Rosemary Mapaderun

Rosemary Mapaderun

October 9, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Pls where is the location,On my visit I can eat correct Amala

8. Adekunle Atinuke Ogunlana

Adekunle Atinuke Ogunlana

October 9, 2017 at 11:02 pm

That’s good of you, great

9. Pingback: I Would Have Never Imagined My Business I Started With Only $50 Would Get This Big! – Single Mom Shares Her Story To Encourage Other Women – Woman.NG