Celebrity

Her Trust Was Betrayed In Heart Breaking Ways And She Went Through Overwhelming Changes But Through It All These Are The Life Lessons She Learnt

The year 2017 held different things for different people and as we’re going into a new year, experiences gathered from last year becomes lessons. Nollywood actress, Damilola Adegbite had a rough year but the lessons she gathered can’t be traded for anything .

She wrote,

2017 was a tough year for me. One of the toughest of my life. My trust was betrayed in heart breaking ways and I had to go through some very painful overwhelming changes. But in all this, I am eternally grateful because who I am became crystal clear to me.

SEE ALSO: Toju Foyeh Shares How Fear Almost Made Her Missed Styling The First Lady Of South Africa And The Lessons She Learned From The Experience

Most importantly, I became more convinced that there is a higher power ( call it nature, karma, the universe.. I choose “GOD”). A GOD who listens when called on and who fights for the patient and selfless. He gave me some things I thought I really really wanted, to prove to me that there is nothing impossible for him to do, but he took them away again, this time by force, because sometimes, what we want is not necessarily good for us.

It’s an uncomfortable process, like a child being weaned, but it signifies growth and advancement. I can’t deny that my scars are still healing, and I’m still a little dizzy from trying to adjust but ultimately, I am thankful for the opportunity to have been handed an almost brand new slate and for the courage to accept it.

This coming year, if things aren’t going the way you planned, sometimes, you may just have to take some steps back or away and choose to look at things from a different angle. I promise you, there is always a silver lining. When you are treated unjustly, you don’t always have to fight back or retaliate. Sometimes all you need to do is WALK AWAY from the situation.

The law of karma will sort things out. Watever happens, trust that things are falling in place as they need to FOR YOUR GOOD. Stay POSITIVE and CHEERFUL, train yourself not to hold on to anything or anyone too tightly and never let anyone or any situation dim your LIGHT.

SEE ALSO: ”May God Give Us The Grace To Learn The Lessons Of Today For A Better Tomorrow” – Read Grace Amah’s Soul Stirring Letter To Ibinabo Fiberesima

I wish you and your loved ones a prosperous new year. May 2018 be the best year of our lives so far. I don’t know about you but I am super SUPER excited about my future

1. Euphyy Oly

Euphyy Oly

January 1, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Trusting a man is a risk…. Ur emotions don’t matter to them.

2. Euphyy Oly

Euphyy Oly

January 1, 2018 at 6:50 pm

U may be with someone but they may not be ur destiny…. Thinking out loud

3. Edna Nwanosike

Edna Nwanosike

January 1, 2018 at 7:16 pm

We all live to learn our lessons. Happy new yr damilola👊👊👊💪💪💃💃

4. Idowu Omotunde Ojo

Idowu Omotunde Ojo

January 1, 2018 at 9:42 pm

I can relate to this. Staying positive n trusting God is the solution. It’s well

5. Afolabi Atinuke Racheal

Afolabi Atinuke Racheal

January 2, 2018 at 8:03 am

Trust God only, d best is coming

6. Irish Menz

Irish Menz

January 2, 2018 at 11:25 am

As we live,life teaches us lessons that has to be learnt from n not to repeat same mistakes again. trust only God n have faith in yourself my mentor damilola

7. Pingback: 12 Years After, Ibinabo Fiberesima Tells Her Own Side of the Story about the Accident That Claimed the Life of a Medical Doctor – Woman.NG

8. Pingback: Just In Case No One Ever Told You Or You Need A Reminder: YOU ARE ALLOWED TO LEAVE Uncomfortable Situations – Woman.NG