Interview

A Soulful Conversation with Uriel Oputa on the Emotional Toll of Caring For Her Mother Who Is Living With the Pain and Suffering of Dementia

One of the most emotionally complex and difficult things a person can experience in life is taking care of a sick elderly parent. It is very heartbreaking to see our once fearless and agile parents falling ill, growing weak and unable to do basic things for themselves.

As hard as this is, some women are devoting incredible amounts of time and energy into making sure they can do for their parents what their parents did for them – taking care of them with love in their most vulnerable state.  They get sad, exhausted and overwhelmed, but they do it anyway. One of such strong women is Uriel Oputa.

In a chat with Sola Abe for Woman.NG, Uriel talks about her mother.

Mrs. Blessing Oputa – Uriel’s mother

Although, she’s fragile, she can’t really remember things, so much that she sometimes forgets who her daughter is; Mrs. Blessing Oputa remains her daughter’s biggest inspiration.

At just 36 years old, Uriel’s mother lost her husband, leaving her to care for five children. Uriel was only two years old at the time but she grew up to see her mother work so hard to take care of her and her siblings.

“I grew up in the UK but my dad died when I was two years old, so I didn’t grow up in a household with a father. My mum was my father and is my mother.”

Uriel’s mum suffers from dementia – a chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes and impaired reasoning.

She and her brothers had observed the obvious but unbelievable change in their mother’s behavior and were confused. They took her to the hospital and there, the illness was diagnosed.

“We started to notice quite early because we’ll be watching stuffs and she’ll be asking you the same questions over again. One day, she tried to cook chicken but ended up putting the whole chicken packet with the plastic inside the microwave. If nobody came at the right time, the place would have exploded. She’ll be cooking, frying something, everywhere will be smoky and she won’t notice. She’ll come inside the house, she will leave the front door open and she won’t know. It was very scary. My mom would normally go to work and come back, but we noticed she will go to work and wouldn’t know how to find her way home and she will call us and be crying that she doesn’t know her way back that someone should come and get her that she doesn’t know where to go, she doesn’t know the right step to take, she’s lost and this is a route she has been taking for many years, and that she doesn’t even know the way to our house.”

Having worked all her life to care for her children, Uriel’s mom had a stroke, caused by high blood pressure which was as a result of stress. At 64 years old, Uriel’s mum can’t walk, can’t cook and she looks older than her age.

“She had a stroke, so from the stroke, she developed this illness, brain damage. Her body is shutting down slowly. Like now, we’re in Nigeria; she doesn’t know where we are. She keeps asking me, are your brothers coming? Are we in London? Then she says, ‘I want to go and see my mother’ and I say, ‘mummy, your mother is dead.’ Yes, but I want to go and see her. So, everything doesn’t make sense to her sometimes.”

The sacrifice of taking care of her mother

Six years ago when Mrs. Blessing was diagnosed with dementia, it was a very traumatic time for her children to grapple with the reality of what may be happening to their mother.

“I was still very young and I still wanted to live my life fully but because of her, I wasn’t able to live my life fully. I started caring for my mum at a very young age when I was supposed to be hanging out with my friends; I was at home looking after my mum.”

As the only female child in the family, the responsibility of caring for her mother fell more on her shoulders and she took it gracefully. To Uriel, it was time to return her mother’s good gestures towards them.

“My mum had a choice. She was 36 and a widow. She had a choice to dump us, in fact, ‘take them back to Nigeria, and let them stay with their father’s people. Let me live my life, I am 36 years old, I can get married again.’ Give us out to my father’s family but she didn’t do that. She hustled, sweated for five children.”

All of this made Uriel determined to care for her mother even if it meant giving up the things that mattered to her.

“There’s been a time when before I entered the big brother house, I was in Nigeria for many years and I actually thought about giving up this dream of being an entertainer and just dedicating my life to looking after my mum. I didn’t care if I wasn’t going to get married, I didn’t care I wasn’t going to have children, I just wanted to do that for my mum. And however long it took for her to pass away; I’ll just dedicate my life to her. Even if I’m 40 or 50 and she goes, I know that I’ve done something.”

But her brothers advised her against it, explaining that she may become depressed or suicidal after their mum has passed and she’s too old to pursue her dreams. Instead, they decided to take turns taking care of her by shuffling her between the UK and Nigeria, while Uriel pursues her dreams.

Recounting what she goes through in taking care of her mother together with her daily activities, Uriel reveals it is hard but one thing keeps her going.

“Like yesterday, she woke up twice to go to the toilet and she can’t really walk so I had to guide her, hold her and walk slowly. Sometimes, as a human being, when someone wakes you up in the morning, you’ll be angry. At 3am, she’ll wake you up. At 5 am in the morning, she’ll wake you up again that she wants to go to the toilet. She can wake you up two to three times in a night, but when I look at her face, I know it’s not her fault. If my mum has the power to get up and go, she will go. Why will she want to trouble her child?”

While she has been advised many times, to put her mom in an old people’s home or get a live-in somebody to care for her, Uriel says she’s uncomfortable with it.

“I said no. As long as I’m here with my mum, I will bath her, change her and do everything. Then, if somebody will just come, maybe come and go. Like now that I’m here with you, someone is with my mum, but as far as cleaning, bathing is concerned, I do everything for her. I don’t allow anybody to touch her food, I don’t like that.”

What the incidence made her realize

Even though they had been told at the hospital that their mother could have a memory loss, Uriel wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon or that her mother would forget that she is her daughter – her only daughter!

Uriel and her mother had just returned from church, so she went into the kitchen to get her some food. By the time she returned from the kitchen, her mother had forgotten who she was.

“She screamed and said, ‘who are you.’ I thought she was joking but she was not. She was scared. She didn’t even allow me to come close to her. She started praying, shouting, then I realized that this is real. She does tend to forget sometimes. She’ll ask me, ‘are you my daughter and I’ll say yes.’ I had to show her pictures and that was it.”

That experience hit her with the hardest realization.

“I realized that I’ve lost the mum I once knew. I realized that I’ve lost a part of my mum I could never get back. That strong woman that I knew, that woman that was fearless, agile, and prayerful. My mum can’t even pray now because the words don’t come to her head, you have to guide her through it. That woman is still my mum; I still see pieces of her but that woman have been replaced with somebody that is almost childlike, somebody that needs comfort, guidance, assistance, and care.”

Her mom’s illness is a huge challenge to her faith and though she was angry at God, she never questioned her faith. She still prays for her healing, hoping it is a test that would end soon.

“My brothers have lost their faith. They no longer believe in God how they used to, how we were taught growing up. They don’t really pray because they believe if God was a merciful God, if God was all those wonderful things, why would he let a woman that has given up so much of her life, even to others, suffer so much.”

Irrespective of the situation, she knows she has to keep on with her faith.

“It’s sad but I see what they are going through and I continue to pray for my brothers, my mum and myself. I am the only girl but I’m the anchor that will keep the family together. I had to take over from where my mum left. My mum is a very prayerful woman. Losing my faith is like everything she fought for religiously didn’t mean anything.”

Going into depression

She had so much on her mind and unable to wrap her head around it or come out of the situation got her depressed.

Her mum’s illness, “I think sometimes, it would be easier to lose your parents and for them to die than to see your mother die slowly in front of you. That one is not a good thing. It’s like torture and you’re deprived of so many things.”

Losing a prospective suitor because of her instability as she had to attend to her mum denied her of getting married when she should have.

Her dreams of being a celebrity when she came into Nigeria seemed delayed and it became more depressing after many years without headway knowing that she had all it took.

“My depression came from having my own insecurities, not being where I wanted to be, having men promising me houses and cars but because of my faith, I always said no and I never understood why I always say no. That thing where, this is not how you were raised was so strong and I couldn’t part away from it. I was just frustrated. I became depressed.”

“My mum was a widow at 36 with five children. So, imagine seeing my mum work hard, nobody ever gave my mum anything. My mum has been a widow since she was 36 and I’ve not seen any man enter my house, I’ve not seen any man say, Blessing, let me give you money for your children. So that is how I grew up. I grew up seeing a strong woman. I grew up seeing a woman hustle. That’s all I know. I don’t know about a man giving me something. All I know is if you want something, work hard for it. I don’t know about opening my legs to somebody for a range rover. Yes, it’s easy but that is not the lifestyle I know.”

She also wants to show young women her struggles behind the glamorous life on social media, which is why she puts up posts about her mum.

“Some people loved it. People were like why am I putting my mum out there like that but at the end of the day I just believe my mum is my mum. If I choose to show her off the way I wanna show her off, that’s it. And why would I now look at her and discard her because I’m ashamed of her because of her illness. It doesn’t make sense to me. I can’t even do that. So, why after everything she’s done for me, all the struggles she struggled for me, why would I now be ashamed of my mum? ”

1. Favour Nkiruka

Favour Nkiruka

May 31, 2018 at 7:51 am

Must u post everything on fb?? Nawah o

Gift Christian

May 31, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Wanted to ask same but I realized maybe it’s a way she uses to ease up herself…

Cynthiablaq Shugar

May 31, 2018 at 4:19 pm

May God help you

• Oluwafunmilayo Omotayo-Akindele Anifowose

I think dats one of d problem in Africa.. We don’t say things out cos we don’t want to be ridiculed. For the fact that she shared d experience let’s applaud her it takes great courage to do dat esp such sickness n is her mum. Is a form of awareness, encouragement to help people in similar case. Speaking out has been helpful now. Worst sickness has been discussed on different talk shows home n abroad. Years back when I used to watch Oprah u will be amazed when u find out that oyinbo get name for different sickness n dey undergo therapy n dey come out fine which we see as spiritual. She is a strong woman for coming out n I appreciate her. Don’t let us castigate her. Thanks

Origie Obilemetu

June 1, 2018 at 1:32 am

She just encouraged someone

Maddy Maddy

June 1, 2018 at 7:49 am

Uche Emuwa what’s ur problem y castigating her what have she done to u she need encouragement and posting it on social media give her more courage so stop this nonsense

Maddy Maddy

June 1, 2018 at 7:51 am

Do u think is easy to take care on sick one I guess u have not cos if u do u will encourage her more

Favour Nkiruka

June 1, 2018 at 7:55 am

Maddy why not if not, if we all begin to post all activities on fb it gonna be terrible, Moreover everyone is entitled 2 his/her opinion OK. ..

Maddy Maddy

June 1, 2018 at 11:10 am

Nkiruka pls go through that post very well its an interview, meanwhile is not a must that everyone must comment on a post. Period.

Maddy Maddy

June 1, 2018 at 11:27 am

Nkiruka can u go through the post its an interview, let me ask u must everyone comment on every post, the way people talk on social media that how they talk in reality and is too bad.

Maddy Maddy

June 1, 2018 at 11:31 am

We should learn to encourage others even anywhere any place both on social media or in really life.

Gladys Ndukwe

June 1, 2018 at 4:28 pm

Mandy, God bless you

Ifunanya Chizzy Ibeabuchi

June 1, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Ordinary interview minister of family affairs have come to give verdict #ThisIsNigeria

Kikelomo Joy

June 1, 2018 at 7:42 pm

Oluwafunmilayo Omotayo-Akindele Anifowose You will not die a premature death. You just spoke my mind. I wish I could turn back hands of time may be my best friend( My Late Mum )would have been here. May God continue to bless you with more wisdom.

Eyinju Eledumare

June 1, 2018 at 9:32 pm

You need to do a check on yourself. You said everyone is entitled to his or her opinion which is correct but you have forgotten you are pointing that finger to yourself because it none of you and uche business whatever uriel post can’t you just read and understand or you have issue with that ? Moreover mind your business it an healthy way to live long. I wonder if it your post madam favour

Favour Nkiruka

June 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Eyinju Eledumare stop getting ursef worked up pls… have made my opinion..no hard feelings pls..

Osagie Nomase Osas

June 1, 2018 at 11:40 pm

Shut up Android opportunist

Favour Nkiruka

June 2, 2018 at 9:15 am

Osagie Nomase Osas u don’t need 2b insultive, u can pass a comment without bn rude..it won’t make u less a human

Mirabel Ihetu

June 2, 2018 at 10:40 am

I wonder why you must comment anything on Facebook too, just imagine? I said it that a woman’s greatest enemy is her fellow woman, envy, wickedness, jealousy, evil hearted, …if she post everything on Facebook, is it your business? Is it your data? Is it your phone? I wonder if you are the one that provided her all these I mentioned I’m sure you won’t allow her use any, Jesus Christ! Women bringing down fellow women, gosh, senseless people everywhere!

Azike Chijindu Faith

June 2, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Her post was to inspire people,she is a public figure so her story will definitely inspire millions.But some people can still share their story and nobody will give two fucks about it,they already know themselves.

Augusta Nwafuruobi Nwakanma

June 3, 2018 at 11:42 am

Favour Nkiruka…that’s too bad my dear. If you can’t post yours, then allow her to do hers. She knows why she did it. She didn’t post her nude pictures but her mum. Read and understand her message. Let’s stop writing anything that comes out of our minds cus we feel it’s our right, be in her shoes and reason with her. God help us all, Amen.

Woman.NG

June 3, 2018 at 11:45 am

Favour Nkiruka it clearly showed you didnt read the article. If you had read it, you would have known it was an interview. Or maybe you didnt comprehend it.

Nwamaka Arinze Nwokedi

June 3, 2018 at 12:01 pm

Favour Nkiruka

June 3, 2018 at 1:31 pm

Augusta Nwafuruobi Nwakanma sure we are helped already…u just made ur opinion..don’t fight mine

Jane Amaka Onwuachuke

June 3, 2018 at 1:57 pm

This is an enlightenment… Cos dere are pple who don’t knw dis sickness exist n odas don’t also knw wat it takes to take care of this sickness.. N also its encouraging oda who r taking care of sure pple DAT dey r not alone…it a piece wat reading dear.

Amaechi Chinedu Cynthia

June 3, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Ewu

2. Olaide Ogunwale Ifeanyi-Peter

Olaide Ogunwale Ifeanyi-Peter

May 31, 2018 at 8:34 am

Asiwaju Ifeanyi Peter,plz can u take time to read dz. We should be thankful in every situation.

3. Florence Omolola Jones-Idowu

Florence Omolola Jones-Idowu

May 31, 2018 at 8:39 am

My dad suffered and died of Dementia amongst others. I understand you perfectly.

Obadimeji Gbemisola

June 1, 2018 at 6:22 pm

Having to take of a loved one with dementia is not a joke. It makes you want to love them more and there’s this sympathy you have for them knowing they were once up and doing.

Kikelomo Joy

June 1, 2018 at 7:19 pm

No one understands it better than I do. It’s so painful I eventually lost mine. Still trying to regain strength cos I totally lost almost everything. She was a very caring and a loving mum. Rest on Iya Shina!

4. Uzor Onyinyechi

Uzor Onyinyechi

May 31, 2018 at 9:13 am

Never heard about this kind of illness until now the Lord is your strength

5. Justinaogugua Ogugua

Justinaogugua Ogugua

May 31, 2018 at 10:15 am

It is ur duty God bless you
    I

6. Nneoma Ehirim

Nneoma Ehirim

May 31, 2018 at 3:15 pm

God is your strength. Amen

7. Mary James

Mary James

May 31, 2018 at 3:58 pm

Your children will love you, they will respect you and do more for you

8. Chilaka Happyness Happyness

Chilaka Happyness Happyness

May 31, 2018 at 5:39 pm

God will reward you. Keep living. God is your strength

9. Chinazom Obi

Chinazom Obi

May 31, 2018 at 6:19 pm

God bless you. My Aunt is suffering from that sickness too

Kikelomo Joy

June 1, 2018 at 7:36 pm

May God heal her. Please let her like a handful of almonds everyday. You can as well prepare turmeric juice for her to take. Please google it and let her doctor know what she’s taking. May God help us all.

Chinazom Obi

June 1, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Kikelomo Joy ok. Thanks

Rita Abama

June 2, 2018 at 7:05 am

May God heal her.

10. kech6nabove@yahoo.com'

Nkechinyere

May 31, 2018 at 6:33 pm

Uriel! You are such a beautiful soul. Reading this made me cry. Yes I did cry. People who have healthy mothers don’t understand how it feels to have a sick mum or how it feels to loose your mother. Keep doing your best, God will surly make you smile.
    Flaunt your mum regardless of what people say it’s your choice and It’s your life.

Shine on

11. diaryofanabujamom@gmail.com'

Deka

May 31, 2018 at 7:16 pm

I love you my oguta sister you have taught me so much since following you on instagram pure love, patient, kindness etc. See eh. The blessings coming your way will over flood you and you will ask yourself how did this happen. Chukwu gozie Yi.

12. Bello Peace Amudetu

Bello Peace Amudetu

May 31, 2018 at 9:07 pm

God bless u and give u good husband and good kids

13. Ida Blacknell

Ida Blacknell

June 1, 2018 at 2:51 am

I thank God for letting me give a little back to my mother.

14. Damilola Akinlami

Damilola Akinlami

June 1, 2018 at 4:46 am

God Bless u…… God is ur strength

15. Doris Onyinye Umeh

Doris Onyinye Umeh

June 1, 2018 at 6:08 am

God is your strength dear.

16. Chidera Blessing

Chidera Blessing

June 1, 2018 at 8:56 am

GOD is ur strength

17. Pingback: #BBNaija’s Uriel Oputa opens up about her Mother dealing with Dementia & Depression | I Have Gist

18. Pingback: #BBNaija’s Uriel Oputa opens up about her Mother dealing with Dementia & Depression | Naija Home

19. Pingback: Uriel Oputa opens up about her Mother dealing with Dementia & Depression – Jeossy-J's Blog

20. Gladys Ndukwe

Gladys Ndukwe

June 1, 2018 at 4:30 pm

Your children will be a source of joy and blessing

21. Pingback: #BBNaija’s Uriel Oputa opens up about her Mother dealing with Dementia & Depression – Nigerian Hotspot

22. Helen Abel

Helen Abel

June 1, 2018 at 5:39 pm

More grace

23. Nneoma Nzewi

Nneoma Nzewi

June 1, 2018 at 6:13 pm

Don’t be stupid please.

24. Ifunanya Chizzy Ibeabuchi

Ifunanya Chizzy Ibeabuchi

June 1, 2018 at 6:14 pm

This one does not understand English! Nneoma are u begging her? allow her to be stupid, talk is cheap

25. Fasuyi Beatrice

Fasuyi Beatrice

June 1, 2018 at 6:58 pm

Even when they are not sick it’s not easy. They will turn to small babies and you can’t flog them but bear d headache chai

26. Bosede Ade Alabi

Bosede Ade Alabi

June 1, 2018 at 6:59 pm

If you have never been in her shoes, you will never understand. I can totally relate with watching your once vibrant mother slipping away from you gradually and the sacrifices you make to take care of her. She is very brave to share her story.

27. Kikelomo Joy

Kikelomo Joy

June 1, 2018 at 7:29 pm

@Uche Emuwa, you won’t understand what she’s going through. I don’t think she’s after anyone’s pity. I think her hearty is too heavy. She needed someone or people to share it with mauy be to get a kind of relief. I was once in her shoes,I eventually lost mine. It wasn’t that easy. I wouldn’t sleep for four hours a day yet I still felt I wasn’t giving her my best. I pray you don’t experience it. I don’t even wish my enemy experience it. Stroke and/or dementia….I reject it for my enemy.

28. Vou Nikyu

Vou Nikyu

June 1, 2018 at 7:56 pm

Uche Emuwa may your children abandon you in old especially when you need them most. When u don’t have anything positive to say shut the f..k up.

29. Agumadu Cynthia Sandra

Agumadu Cynthia Sandra

June 1, 2018 at 8:23 pm

I love this lady so much

30. Ifeanyi Ruth Okafor

Ifeanyi Ruth Okafor

June 1, 2018 at 9:06 pm

I understand how you feel!

31. Eyinju Eledumare

Eyinju Eledumare

June 1, 2018 at 9:25 pm

This one cannot read and understand chai proud olodo 😂😂😂. Next time shut up aunty

32. Chinwe Nnoli

Chinwe Nnoli

June 1, 2018 at 10:03 pm

I just wonder what people without female children could do at this stage. Nne God bless you doubly

33. Scholette Anire

Scholette Anire

June 1, 2018 at 10:25 pm

The Lord is your strength

34. Mildred Maurice Ogolo

Mildred Maurice Ogolo

June 1, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Uriel dear may d lord Almighty b ur strength and may he continue to strengthen you. As 4 all DAT u r doin 4 your mum may d Awesome God also giv u more than u deserve or imagine IJN . Amen

35. Angela Chioma Ofuokwu

Angela Chioma Ofuokwu

June 2, 2018 at 6:58 am

Yeah… I can relate

36. Mary Okafor

Mary Okafor

June 2, 2018 at 7:14 am

This reminds me of when my Dad was ill, it wasn’t isn’t at all, for I have to manage both him and studies, because at that time I was having exams. A once strong and hefty man turning to one you would have to do things for, he hated that he was ill, he didn’t like the condition he was, or what he was making me go through. He finally died though in my arms, but the experience and all, leaves a sharp memory. I feel so emotional seeing elderly people fall sick.

37. Mary Ebele Onyekwelu

Mary Ebele Onyekwelu

June 2, 2018 at 8:09 am

Genevieve John

38. Mary Emeoha

Mary Emeoha

June 2, 2018 at 8:13 am

More Grace dear. And God bless you

39. Mbie Constance

Mbie Constance

June 2, 2018 at 10:52 am

It’s very well dear, hold onto your faith, nothing that God has prepared for you shall ever elude you, don’t worry you will live to enjoy the fruits of you labour. Your mum is blessed to have you. Pls be strong for her & your brothers

40. Vivian Emobena

Vivian Emobena

June 2, 2018 at 11:11 am

Uriel. My number strong lady 💪 💪

41. Kate Godfrey Emeji

Kate Godfrey Emeji

June 2, 2018 at 11:21 am

God bless u uriel

42. Chinonso Anigbo

Chinonso Anigbo

June 2, 2018 at 12:38 pm

God will see you through Uriel

43. Folakemi Deko

Folakemi Deko

June 2, 2018 at 12:53 pm

God is your strength..

44. Concie Ebby Otikpo

Concie Ebby Otikpo

June 2, 2018 at 1:02 pm

I know how u feel girl becos I ve been there like when my dad was sick nd had stroke, me nd my sisters took turns in taking care of him to an extent missed my youth service yr for another one yr. It wasn’t easy though.
    It takes a strong person to do this.
    Uriel, u re a strong woman nd I know God will bless u real good

45. Patricia Chikwendu

Patricia Chikwendu

June 2, 2018 at 1:36 pm

Uriel,the Lord is your strength.

46. Lilian Pilaku

Lilian Pilaku

June 2, 2018 at 2:22 pm

God bless Uriel

47. Dorkas Jhosef

Dorkas Jhosef

June 2, 2018 at 2:34 pm

The Lord is your strength

48. Jane Azubuike

Jane Azubuike

June 2, 2018 at 3:33 pm

If u have never been in her shoes you will never understand.

49. Adagba Desen Franca

Adagba Desen Franca

June 2, 2018 at 5:23 pm

The Lord is your strength.

50. Adewunmi Adeusi

Adewunmi Adeusi

June 2, 2018 at 5:32 pm

I can relate with this well,l kW how it feels taking care of our sick age parent,may d Lord bless you

51. Maduakor Ezenwenyi Ifeoma

Maduakor Ezenwenyi Ifeoma

June 2, 2018 at 6:54 pm

The joy of the Lord is your strength

52. Adebisi Akinola

Adebisi Akinola

June 2, 2018 at 8:01 pm

My Dads situation was not as serious as this, but I understand what this feels like. The man we sit to hear him talk and gist us, suddenly became someone who can’t put words together, don’t know when he wants to wee, and all. It was a difficult time. But I thank God he is better. I pray that God will revive her again.

53. Itesobo Happiness Edoni

Itesobo Happiness Edoni

June 2, 2018 at 11:11 pm

It is well my dear. You are not wearing this shoe alone, am also in it. May God strengthen us

54. Goodness Asouzu Uzoukwu

Goodness Asouzu Uzoukwu

June 2, 2018 at 11:55 pm

She’s a wonderful woman
    Any man that would have her is blessed.
    A rare gem!

55. Donatus-Odigwe Peace

Donatus-Odigwe Peace

June 3, 2018 at 6:21 am

Awwww…sorry love the lord is your strength

56. Fatimah Badmus

Fatimah Badmus

June 3, 2018 at 8:48 am

May God strengthens you,grant you good husband abs give your mum good health. Ameen.

57. Adefunke Esther

Adefunke Esther

June 3, 2018 at 11:11 am

I feel you and don’t give up in your care for your mum,and also try have a life too…much love

58. Inegbe Henry

Inegbe Henry

June 3, 2018 at 11:22 am

It is well with you ijn

59. Augusta Nwafuruobi Nwakanma

Augusta Nwafuruobi Nwakanma

June 3, 2018 at 11:35 am

God bless you mightily dear, Amen. So shall your children take care of you too at your old age, Amen. I pray our parents will live and eat the fruit of their womb, Amen.

60. Rose Tanko

Rose Tanko

June 3, 2018 at 12:59 pm

Am a witness to that is not easy at all: we thank God for the privilege: to take care of them

61. Uloma Nnadi Chukwu

Uloma Nnadi Chukwu

June 3, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Well done dear UU. Any man who rejects you for what you are doing doesn’t deserve you. Never worry, your soulmate is coming to wipe ever your tears. A man who will be your pillar to lean on. God will bless you. Keep taking care of your mum.

62. Helen Ijeoma

Helen Ijeoma

June 3, 2018 at 5:25 pm

May God strengthen you dear Uriel.

63. Amaka Umeh Henrrietta

Amaka Umeh Henrrietta

June 3, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Uriel I love you so much let the haters die rubbish better you haters stop slaying and go and take care of your mothers

64. Lovelyn Uzoho

Lovelyn Uzoho

June 3, 2018 at 7:37 pm

I love dis girl in particular

65. Hadiza Musa Saleh

Hadiza Musa Saleh

June 3, 2018 at 8:03 pm

You are a very strong woman dear Uriel, I join you in prayer today that God will heal your mum,and give you more grace and strength to care for her in Jesus name Amen.

66. Agatha Eguavoen

Agatha Eguavoen

June 4, 2018 at 12:42 am

This is NOT taking care but show off. Were you posted on fb when she was taken care of you. Taking Care of your parents is a Divine responsibility, if you like you do it and if you don’t leave it. Mscewwww

Oby Natural

June 4, 2018 at 8:43 am

I don’t think is a show off my dear but a lesson to learn for all and most especially celebrities who can’t stand to take a public pics with their sick parent, but if you think is show off as you said let all begin to show their sick parents off at least they will be known all over the world and become celebrities with them

Oby Natural

June 4, 2018 at 8:49 am

Had it been our parent have what it take to show us off to the whole world then you know they will do it cus they are not ashamed of us despite what, so now that she has what it takes to show off her mother to the world she should do it wella even without looking back

Agatha Eguavoen

June 4, 2018 at 10:38 am

Oby Natural I.sincerely don’t think it’s necessary. Commandment no 4 is the only one that carries a promise with it : honour Thy father and thy mother so that your days will be long. And for those who are NOT proud of their parents, we should sympathise with them bcos they have a psychological problem
      They need help and urgently too

Samuel Olabisi

June 4, 2018 at 2:17 pm

It is not compulsory at times 2 comment. One can just be silent if one does not know what 2 say…..she’s not in any way showing off. At least she has poured her heart out ñ i guess she’s somehow relieved. And am very sure that some pple must av learnt some lessons abt taking more good cares of their parents.

67. Edochie Chinelo Ojiugo

Edochie Chinelo Ojiugo

June 4, 2018 at 6:51 am

I love you Uriel Oputa God’s blessings await you sweet

68. Joy Dorcas Ejim

Joy Dorcas Ejim

June 4, 2018 at 7:56 am

Hmmm….. So touching!

69. Oby Natural

Oby Natural

June 4, 2018 at 8:38 am

May God bless you abundantly Uriel for taking good care of ur mom ur self darl

70. Omolere Osanaiye Ibukun

Omolere Osanaiye Ibukun

June 4, 2018 at 9:09 am

God bless sister,ur children too will take good care of u, not b cause u will be sick but because u deserved it

71. Iyaji Blessing

Iyaji Blessing

June 4, 2018 at 9:19 am

Favour Nkiruka must u read every thing on facebook?

72. Janey Dominique-Vitus

Janey Dominique-Vitus

June 4, 2018 at 12:32 pm

God bless you abundantly dear…you shall reap the fruit of your labour

73. Timothy Magdalene

Timothy Magdalene

June 4, 2018 at 1:12 pm

May d lord crown ur efforts and turn them into testimonies

74. Helen Joeakuma

Helen Joeakuma

June 4, 2018 at 2:39 pm

It’s well dr may d good lord strengthen you

75. Judith Orban

Judith Orban

June 4, 2018 at 2:56 pm

The Lord is your strength

76. Pingback: This Might Not Be a Big Deal for Some, but For Uriel It Is an Achievement – Woman.NG