In this video, Winifred Emmanuel shows us how to make home-made waffles. She says it is an easy and simple recipe that you can add to your repertoire of breakfast recipes.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- In a big mixing bowl, sift in the flour, then add the baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, break in the eggs and add the whole milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Next pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently, just enough to combine all ingredients together but do not over mix.
- Preheat your waffle maker according to the manual instruction and grease lightly with cooking spray of canola oil.
- Waffle makers vary in size, scoop just enough of the mixture to fill up the waffle iron and cook according to the manual instruction.
Watch her make it below
Winifred Emmanuel is a food consultant, recipe developer and the founder of Zeelicious Foods. She teaches people how to make different types of dishes both local and foreign with readily available ingredients in Nigeria.
You can reach her on social media