I came across this and it took me down memory lane. Once upon a time, I used to wear my heart on my sleeves; letting the things people say or do affect my mood and relations with other people unrelated to what had happened.
However the more I learnt about Emotional Intelligence, the more I realized how powerful it is.
1. It taught me that inner peace begins the moment I choose not to allow another person or event control my emotions.
2. I learnt that the moment I let my emotions be controlled by people or events, I become a slave to them
3. It has aided my ability in dealing with response versus reaction.
4. In this same breath, I find that forgiveness comes easy.
This is LIFE. There is so much envy, hate, sadness, jealousy, bitterness etc that would stir up frustration and anger. You don’t always have to react. Your strength lies in your ability to change all that to a positive force. Sometimes all that negativity is needed to make you a better person.
- Anything that annoys you is teaching you Patience
- Anything that angers you is teaching you Forgiveness
- Anything that has power over you is teaching you how to take your power back
- Anything you hate is teaching you unconditional love
- Anything you fear is teaching you courage to overcome your fear
- Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go
Don’t let anyone dim your shine.
Jean Clare Ogechi Igwegbe is a Public Health practitioner currently working in the field of Mental Health and Addiction. Being an introvert, Jean loves to express herself through writing.