This colorful, healthy, nutritious, creamy, yummy exotic salad recipe is a go-to recipe for Winifred Emmanuel whenever she wants to create her veggie salad in a different way because it is not only easy to prepare, all you need are just five ingredients.
- 4 Carrots
- 6 Irish potatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 bunch lettuce
- Salad cream
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly with vinegar and tap water.
- Finely dice Irish potatoes, carrots and cucumber with their skin.
Note– the beauty of this salad comes out when all the ingredients are uniformly diced. So it’s important to maintain same shape and pattern when dicing.
- Steam carrots for about 5 minutes to soften them and boil Irish potatoes for 7 minutes on medium heat.
Note– carrots and potatoes should not be overcooked.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl make a bed with the lettuce.
- When carrots and Irish potatoes are cooked, turn off heat and allow to cool down.
- Slightly loosen the thickness of the salad cream by stirring in a little amount of water.
- In a bowl, add boiled carrots, Irish potatoes, cucumbers and salad cream; mix evenly with a rubber spoon.
Note– Mix gently to avoid squashing Irish potatoes.
- Afterwards, lay mixed ingredients on the lettuce bed.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more before consumption.
Winifred Emmanuel is a food consultant, recipe developer and the founder of Zeelicious Foods. She teaches people how to make different types of dishes both local and foreign with readily available ingredients in Nigeria.
You can reach her on social media