Personal Stories

Woman Narrates Her 8-Year Old Daughter’s Encounter With A 10-Year Old Boy Who Tried To Forcefully Kiss Her

For daily inspiration and life lessons follow our new inspiring instagram page – @dearyoungnaijawoman

A mother described her 8-year old daughter’s traumatic encounter with a 10-year old boy, who wanted to forcefully kiss her, and it takes us back to why it is important for parents to teach their children the essence of consent from a young age.

Sadly, the mother of this 10-year old boy saw nothing wrong in what her son did. It’s unfortunate that, if left unabated, the boy will violate other kids and the mum will cover it up.

We also need to admit the role TV plays in socializing kids. Parents should supervise the movies, cartoons and other programs their children watch. They should also adhere strictly to the parental guide age of a movie.

Read her tweets below

Yesterday we were invited to a Christmas party at a friends. Went with the kids. After eating, the kids started playing, some on phones others dancing others running around. After about 30mins, my niece brings my daughter to me and she is crying and shaking…

My niece is so upset as she explains what happened. So my daughter (8) went to the loo, and a boy followed her. When she was leaving the toilet he pulled her into the nearest bedroom and tried to kiss her and she started screaming. My niece who was in the kitchen heard…

She pushed open the door and found the boy trying to hold her down. He is 10! So she pushed him off and took my daughter whilst shouting at him. When she explained what happened I looked for the mum and she says ….ah kutamba kwevana

The other guests there were equally outraged & shocked..meanwhile the other kids heard what had happened & came to console my daughter. Then the boy comes &says to me. I love your daughter & when people are in love they are supposed to kiss.

I was so mad but he obviously doesn’t know better. I told him that love is when two people feel the same &kissing is for people who are in a relationship, at an older age. His mum got upset & told me that she knows how to raise her son who was just playing & they left.

I am still so shocked that the mum found nothing wrong with a 10 yr old boy following a girl to the loo, then pushing her into a bedroom to forcibly kiss her. Shocked that my daughter had to go through such a traumatic experience at 8 at a party. Shocked that it all took less than 10mins

I keep thinking so now what. Children can’t go to the loo by themselves? He’s 10, and if he’s not guided he will succeed at some point and it won’t be just a kiss that he will want. I took the opportunity to talk to my kids about rape, I had to & will continue to. Aish.

Now check these out:

They Called It Discipline but It Was Actually Abuse – This Woman Suffered Physical and Psychological Pain Inflicted By Her Mother

Olajumoke Orisaguna Speaks On How To Keep Children Safe From Abuse

Timothy Abunike

December 31, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Lack of proper beating

4. Vivian Ifechukwude Adiche Ajufo

Vivian Ifechukwude Adiche Ajufo

December 31, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Sometimes I am so ‘afraid’ for the future when you see the way most ‘modern’ parents raise their kids….and yet we continue to ask what has gone wrong in the society ……just ten, I am scared to imagine what he might do when older except God intervenes…..I Thank God your baby girl is okay, just continue to assure and help her regain her confidence…… We will never sorrow over our children.Amen!!!

5. Jewel B Eno-Ud

Jewel B Eno-Ud

December 31, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Oh Chises!!!!!

6. Ajoke Kupoluyi

Ajoke Kupoluyi

December 31, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Unbelievable!!

7. Daisi Moses

Daisi Moses

December 31, 2018 at 1:34 pm

That boy should have first of all been slapped. All of those adults were damn too slack. A very hot slap would have made a lot of sense and solved some problems.

8. Obakpororo Agbaire

Obakpororo Agbaire

December 31, 2018 at 1:47 pm

Na tie and beat before I hand am over to police

Vanessa Nwuba

December 31, 2018 at 2:24 pm

#the beating and scolding would do, cos he’s still too young to be detained in a cell, but will really spank him, I don’t know what kids of nowadays are turning into

9. Ifeacho Uchechi

Ifeacho Uchechi

December 31, 2018 at 2:15 pm

I will first land him a dirty slap then call him aside n say sorry. I’ll try to know wat prompted him to start doing such, then enlighten him on the consequences of his actions n advise him to desist from such act in the future.
    The parents I’ll unleash my full wrath on
    To my girl I’ll tell her to be mindful of such n tell her to always be vigilant n scream atop her lungs at the slightest provocation

Ogheneochuko Vivien Oghenevwarhe

December 31, 2018 at 6:35 pm

But the boy’s mother has said she knows how to raise her son. I feel like giving the boy’s mother a very fine slap she cannot recover from

Ifeacho Uchechi

December 31, 2018 at 9:30 pm

She deserves it if so.

10. Marisa Kay Tare

Marisa Kay Tare

December 31, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Take your child for karate lessons, if for nothing, for self defense… A very good kick on the balls would have been the perfect manual reset for that child..

11. Arahmeeday Igberaese

Arahmeeday Igberaese

December 31, 2018 at 3:21 pm

No home training!

12. Uloma Jacklyn Achilike

Uloma Jacklyn Achilike

December 31, 2018 at 4:36 pm

The mother of the boy is ill raised that’s why she didn’t see anything wrong with what her son did.we should always protect our girl children. They are endangered in the world all over.

13. Clara Amen

Clara Amen

December 31, 2018 at 4:53 pm

It seems out of innocence dat d 10yrs old did want a kiss however parent must teach their kids what consenting is and d right age for kissing. As parents we pray for d best for our kids & hopefully d 10 yrs old understands that such an occurrence is evil and destructive and as such can land him in prison. Lets us try to educate kids on sexual attacks, abuse and forcefulness so they don’t fall victim to predator but in dis case, l thinks he did it out of sheer silliness.

14. Ibrahim Shakiro - Ogunlola

Ibrahim Shakiro - Ogunlola

December 31, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Proper naija beating first before any other things follow

15. Uwah Chioma

Uwah Chioma

December 31, 2018 at 5:50 pm

The boys mother is even the worst

16. Doris Eberechukwu Obiorah

Doris Eberechukwu Obiorah

December 31, 2018 at 5:52 pm

A resounding slap would have reset his memory.

17. Orujekwe Raphael Eunice

Orujekwe Raphael Eunice

December 31, 2018 at 7:11 pm

I dont blame dat 10yrs old boy with wat his mother is saying how wuld he knw better,a woman dat is suppose to guide him doesnt see anytin wrong in wat he did ,it shows his home training,if i was the one i could hv talked to the boy more bcos he obviously hving a bad training.

18. Whinney Ozubide

Whinney Ozubide

December 31, 2018 at 10:27 pm

10yrs wants to rape?(forcefully kiss!)

19. Edith Tochi

Edith Tochi

January 1, 2019 at 10:53 am

That boys orientation needs resetting. I thought the mum should know better than that faulty utterance. It’s obvious the boy lacks proper guide. God save his soul poor boy

20. Oluwabusayo Afolabi Oguntuase

Oluwabusayo Afolabi Oguntuase

January 2, 2019 at 12:11 pm

Most of the I’ll behavior from children of this generation is as a result of there exposure to social media… Parents should know how to control there kids when it come to the use of social media and TV

21. Nkem Vera Obi

Nkem Vera Obi

January 3, 2019 at 6:41 pm

God help that boys mother one day she will be without a son because he will be in jail,and that boy learned from someone .