In this video, Winifred Emmanuel will be showing you how to make an easy breakfast recipe using Irish potatoes. This Golden Skillet Potato recipe is one of her all time favorite breakfast recipes because it is super quick and easy.
- 10 medium irish potatoes, finely diced
- 4 pieces sausage, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 seasoning cube
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Place diced irish potatoes in a vegetable steamer and leave to steam for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can put potatoes on a flat plate, place in a microwave on high heat and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat up 1 table spoon olive oil, add diced sausage and sauté on medium heat for 2 minutes. Transfer to a flat plate and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the same skillet and allow to heat up on medium heat.
- Next, transfer steamed potatoes to the skillet. Ensure that the potatoes do not overlap each other. Do not stir it around at this time.
- Leave to cook for 5 minutes before turning it around with a spoon.
- Afterwards, add seasoning cube, curry powder, thyme, pepper and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Then add onions and garlic, stir to combine. Leave to cook for another 3 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not too soft. You don’t want to end up with soggy potatoes.
- Next, add bell peppers, stir to combine.
- Finally, add sausage, stir again to combine and turn off heat immediately.
- You can serve this dish with plain omelet or on its own with a cup of tea or fresh juice.
Watch how to prepare it here
Winifred Emmanuel is a food consultant, recipe developer and the founder of Zeelicious Foods. She teaches people how to make different types of dishes both local and foreign with readily available ingredients in Nigeria.
You can reach her on social media