So, it seems there are a lot of things we can do with plantain and we are just finding out. Few days ago, we showed you how to make pancake with overripe plantain, this time, it’s how you can make moi moi with overripe plantain and we’re very sure you’re going to love it.
- 2 pcs of overripe plantain
- 100g plantain flour
- 1-2 cooking spoons palm oil
- 1 teaspoon ground crayfish
- 1 onion
- Pepper and Salt (to taste)
- 1 Knorr cube
- Cool water
- Uma leaves
- Aluminium foil bags
- Blend the overripe plantain pieces, plantain flour batter, onions, crayfish, pepper and stock cube with just enough water to allow the blades of the blender move.
- Pour the smooth blend into a sizeable bowl.
- Add salt and palm oil. Mix thoroughly till well combined.
- Set a small quantity of water in a pot to boil. When the water boils, place a base for the Plantain Moi Moi wraps into the pot. This can be scrap pieces of aluminium foil, a stainless steel stand or leaf stalks from the uma leaves.
- Scoop the mix into folded uma leaves, just as you would with beans moi moi
- Gently place the wraps in the pot of boiling water and cook for 20-25 minutes. Add water along the way if necessary.
- Leave to cool down completely and set before serving.
Watch how to make it here
Now check these out: