Personal Stories

Dear Daycare Owner, Please Explain How This Woman’s Baby Died In Your Care!

🌟🧘‍♀️💝🌻 For women who want to thrive in spite of life’s difficult circumstances–> @dearyoungnaijawoman

A mother of two, Rebecca Onoja is demanding justice for the death of six months old baby, who died at Britmax International School, Abuja, where she was registered in a daycare.

In a Facebook post by Rebecca’s friend, she had dropped her baby on the 11th January, 2019, and at the time of dropping her off at the daycare, it was reported that there was nothing wrong with the child. However, at about 2:19 pm that day, she was urgently called from her baby’s school and by the time she got there, she she saw about 5 women praying over her.

When Rebecca carried her baby, she noticed blood stains on her nose and food particles around her hair and nostrils. While trying to rush her baby to the hospital, the school accountant allegedly said that they had just returned from the hospital.

On trying more information from the nanny, she realised that concerned staff of the school had gone to the police station, even before Rebecca knew her child was dead. By the time Rebecca’s baby was taken to the Federal Medical Centre in the state, the doctor who attended to her said she could have been saved if brought in earlier.

Following the circumstances surrounding Rebecca’s baby death, she lodged a complaint at the police station but it was alleged that the CCTV in the school had been wiped off.  An autopsy conducted on Rebecca’s baby showed blood and feeds oozing out of her mouth and nose. The result also indicated that Rebecca’s baby died as a result of asphyxiation.

With the hospital’s evidence in hand, Rebecca and her family is demanding an investigation from the police with a view of bringing the culprit to book but the DPO in charge is said to have lost interest in the matter.

Read full story below

Update on Justice for BABY Michelle (Read, share and let's push for the authorities to act right)Read the basic story…

Posted by Ocholi Ojonimi Okutepa on Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Now check these out:

“Chukwumago Has Taken Away My World, My Peace And I Don’t Know What To Do” – 62-Year Old Woman Demands Justice For The Death Of Her Daughter

“She Left Home For The First Time And Never Returned To Us” – Mother Seeks Justice Over The Death Of Her Daughter At Louis Ville Girls’ Secondary School

CLICK!

DEAR YOUNG NAIJA WOMAN, CLICK!

1. Ogo Ume

Ogo Ume

March 29, 2019 at 8:39 pm

I don’t understand, she lost a child and needs closure

2. Akinloluwa Tobiloba

Akinloluwa Tobiloba

March 29, 2019 at 8:48 pm

I really feel for d woman, 6month old baby for crying out loud

3. Rebecca Usaka Ashi

Rebecca Usaka Ashi

March 29, 2019 at 8:51 pm

There is no peace for the wicked, no matter how long the cover the whole truth it will come to light. God will always protect our young ones when the are not around us.

4. Aanu Fabusuyi Obembe

Aanu Fabusuyi Obembe

March 29, 2019 at 9:13 pm

I guess it’s force feeding. May God help us. A mother lost her daughter to force feeding recently in my area. It’s rampant now. Abeg if your child refuse to eat just leave the child o…… Don’t force feed o…….

5. Apex Bernard

Apex Bernard

March 29, 2019 at 9:29 pm

But a six month old baby is still very young to be taken care by strangers, i really feel for the mother. RIP angel😢

Chinwe Okeoma - Chimankpa

March 29, 2019 at 10:26 pm

Apex Bernard my thought though, She’s too tender.God knows I can’t try this sh*t even with my one year old no matter any tight schedule. May God console the parents of the baby

Ramat Peace

March 29, 2019 at 10:28 pm

It may be bcs of work

Fortune Chigozie Nwanze

March 29, 2019 at 11:16 pm

My dear,,, motherhood is not easy oo,,I can’t even leave my baby for anybody,, I don’t think she is working

Joy Olutayo Bangre

March 30, 2019 at 12:28 am

Apex Bernard These are suppose to be child minders. People who are trained to take care of babies regardless of the age. Let us it fund a way to fault the victim here. The parents are going through enough hell.

Chinyere Ezechukwu

March 30, 2019 at 8:22 am

Fortune Chigozie Nwanze u might be right, from what I read, dat she was called, and she came immediately becos her house is very close just few houses to the Daycare, so what’s she doing at home and decide to take such little baby to daycare, these days to much money and show of shame is what’s is leading some women to heard I known, I felt so bad for the death of dat little baby,No body will take care of ur baby than you.

Kinijemeh Gift

March 30, 2019 at 11:21 am

U people should stop all this a six months old baby isn’t small to be taken to a day care..my moms school they are 4 months old babies there …and you dare not rough handle them my mom sacks any careless teacher I hope she gets the justice she deserve don’t stay far and judge the mother if u think u should know more try get in touch with her and find out what happened she might have a business she’s doing…before you start judging I have been in her shoe I lost my two days old baby due to doctors neglect they couldn’t take a close look to detect she had jaundice and me been a first time mom I didn’t notice… So many people has been saying crazy things behind my back,even a friend said its due to my carelessness I just look at them and smile because if they work in my shoe they should probably be in a psychiatric hospital but in all its well I pray she gets justice for her baby.please let’s stop judging from afar

Kinijemeh Gift

March 30, 2019 at 11:24 am

Aisha Suleiman Mohammed

March 30, 2019 at 4:10 pm

,6 month old baby in daycare okoooooo sorry

6. Etowe Ufuoma Efe

Etowe Ufuoma Efe

March 29, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Really sorry about but I pray God gives you strength to overcome and a heart to let go….God will compensate you with another.

7. Zainab Olabisi Abake

Queen Pholushaw

March 29, 2019 at 11:09 pm

OMG!

12. Lami J Udie

Lami J Udie

March 30, 2019 at 6:45 am

I saw that story yesterday and gave me goosebumps. They are doing everything in their power for the poor woman not to find out the cause of her babys death. I Pity other parents who still let theirs kids in that school

13. Ngozi Onwuka Chijioke

Ngozi Onwuka Chijioke

March 30, 2019 at 7:13 am

Chai odi egwuoo, May God console you dear

14. Ngohide Gideon

Ngohide Gideon

March 30, 2019 at 10:21 am

I pray it happens to a bigger chap, that is how this country deprives justice to the less privilege in the society.if it were a big man’s child,you would have seen how the useless police people would have done everything possible to get the real information towards the baby’s death to bring to book who caused it, God will ask so many people questions concerning the way they handled responsibilities given to them while on Earth.

Udoh Grace

March 30, 2019 at 8:00 pm

Ngohide Gideon idiot everywhere

Britney Tee Ewa

March 31, 2019 at 1:25 pm

You don talk am finish my sister….Lord have mercy on we the majorities

15. Gift Ogarekpe

Gift Ogarekpe

March 30, 2019 at 10:49 am

Hmmm God have mercy this day care I dnt fancy it at all.

16. Irene Ekumatalor Zibril

Irene Ekumatalor Zibril

March 30, 2019 at 6:14 pm

So so sad.

17. Nkiru Pamela David

Nkiru Pamela David

April 2, 2019 at 2:52 pm

I feel so sad! Please offices ad work places should create nursery for their nursing mother’s, leaving babies with total strangers as care care givers not acceptable. rest in peace cute Angel