News

Should She Be Compensated By Success Adegor’s Parent For Making The Viral Video That Brought Them Millions?

Want to realize your full potential and enjoy life despite its occasional disappointments and frustrations? Follow @dearyoungnaijawoman

The 23-year-old graduate of Public Administration from the Auchi Polytechnic, Stephanie, who recorded the video that made Success Adegor go viral said she was shocked about the attention the video got.

Stephanie, who lives in the same compound as Success’s family, was running an errand when she ran into Success and recorded a video of her just for entertainment. But when she posted it on her WhatsApp status, people started asking for the video because it was funny. She also uploaded it on her Instagram and Facebook accounts and the video went viral from there.

However, Stephanie said that, as the initiator of the video, she has not received any show of appreciation from Success’ parents.

In a chat with PUNCH, Stephanie criticised Success’ mother for allegedly hiding things from her since her daughter started getting famous.

She said,

If you call Success’ mum now, she will tell you that the Sapele LGA chairman has given me money and that people should not give me any money. She told me that the money in her account was N700,000, not knowing that the money in the account was more than N5.3m, which good-hearted Nigerians have given them.

That is why I am angry with her. I didn’t tell her I wanted to share the money 50/50 with her. She should have told me the truth. I don’t really understand why she was hiding everything from me. She told me that she would give me N400,000 from the N700,000. I didn’t do the video because of money but since money is coming out of it, I should be carried along, rather, she started hiding everything from me.

My parents have asked me to forget about it. I even promised to help Success speak English and dress better. The local government chairman said if they don’t want to give me money, I should forget about it but it is not supposed to be like that. They were not even sure of getting N100,000 all through the year but now that they are swimming in millions, they want to give me N400,000. I have decided to leave the money with them.

“The LG chairman has said I should summit my CV, which I have done. If I don’t get a call from the local government, I will have nothing to show for my efforts. I believe my helper will come. I am a graduate. As we speak to you now, I don’t have a dime on me. I think she’s being greedy, but my parents have advised me to leave the money issue.

Watch Stephanie speak here

Now check these out:

“I Sponsored Our Wedding. I Even Lent Him Money To Pay My Bride Price”- Woman Says As She Seeks Divorce From Lazy Husband

Toke Makinwa Is All Out To Make Sure A Certain Deadbeat Father Pays! He Has Messed With The Wrong One!

“Paying For Your Brazilian Hair Cannot Be The Opportunity Cost For My Daughter’s Diapers” – Read Arese Ugwu’s Straight Out Advice To Debtors & Lenders

CLICK!

DEAR YOUNG NAIJA WOMAN, CLICK!

1. Laj Fingers

Laj Fingers

March 24, 2019 at 9:27 pm

If she didn’t make the video, help wouldn’t have located the family. She’s the source of their fortune directly or indirectly so the best they can do is to compensate her with a million naira if it’s true they have #5.3 million already.

Money will finish but humanity remains.

2. Chinedu Ekpendu

Chinedu Ekpendu

March 24, 2019 at 9:48 pm

Yes, she should be compensated

3. Oghene Nyore

Oghene Nyore

March 24, 2019 at 10:08 pm

Isn’t 400k okay ,is the money not meant for the girls education,Nigerians with our sense of entitlement

Nana Ahmed

March 24, 2019 at 11:15 pm

Greed if dis had gone bad will she be asking for compensation? Remember God will jot come down to give us He rather use pple and dat is success story only God will and can pay her back.

Onyi Eunan

March 25, 2019 at 1:33 am

Oghene Nyore ask them as if success and family are company that are owing her salary. I am seeing envy and jealous here

Alex Okoroji

March 25, 2019 at 6:56 am

Oghene Nyore I swear, 400k is more than OK,

Cynthia Chisom

March 25, 2019 at 7:31 am

She even use it for fun but God reverse it to a blessing for sucess

Nitabrownsugah Nitabrownsugah

March 25, 2019 at 8:51 am

Oghene Nyore I just tire!

Oghene Nyore

March 25, 2019 at 11:14 am

Oghene Nyore

March 25, 2019 at 11:15 am

She has even been given 500k before pls read the fhat

4. Grace Osuah

Grace Osuah

March 24, 2019 at 10:54 pm

Let them compensate her
    She deserves it
    What nonsense is that bikonu

Eric Somadina Flemzy

March 25, 2019 at 1:18 am

She don’t deserves anything.
      Yes nothing at all.

Oluwatoyin Dada

March 25, 2019 at 5:27 am

She deserves it, it is just greed that is making them to ignore her after all, that video was the game changer.

Grace Osuah

March 25, 2019 at 5:50 am

Eric somadina Flemzy
      Put yourself in her shoes
      What if the lady didn’t video her at all nko?
      Would success name be heard?

Grace Osuah

March 25, 2019 at 5:52 am

Oluwatoyin Dada
      Greediness wouldn’t just allow them

Arni Ehmma

March 25, 2019 at 6:56 am

Grace Osuah The initial intent for making that video was to make a joke and not to help the poor child. After listening to success and making the video, did she bother to pay the #900 for Success to return to school? Yet she was full of laughter and now wants a compensation.

Did she seek the consent of the parents to post such video of their child online? Imagine if this turned sour, will she come out to say she was the one who made the video?

She is just a cheap and greedy girl looking for attention

Copied

Janyce Omalicha

March 25, 2019 at 7:13 am

Arni Ehmma but things didn’t go sour. Aren’t the family reaping the benefit.

Eric Somadina Flemzy

March 25, 2019 at 7:29 am

GRACE SHE POSTED IT FOR FUN. And everything didn’t go is she planned it. Let’s take the money aside. What if things appeared to Change that people mock that small girl parents why they can’t pay her school fees. Do u think she will appear to say she was the who upload the video. My dear leave all those things. She want to develope jealous over success luck.

Mary Clems

March 25, 2019 at 8:06 am

Grace Osuah 400k is enough. She should ask for a job .Nigerians and their stupid mindset people mustn’t appreciate our good deeds God is the best rewarder. This girl has no sense she is greedy.

5. Awele Nwanze

Awele Nwanze

March 25, 2019 at 1:46 am

So 400thousand is not enough, this whole lamenting has turned into envy and jealousy

6. Chinelo Nebe

Chinelo Nebe

March 25, 2019 at 3:21 am

She is supposed to be recognized as her manager,the idea and energy is attributed to her. The parents did not contribute to the little girl’s fame…Sincerely,she deserved more.

Nkechi Udeala

March 25, 2019 at 6:14 am

Chinelo Nebe they’ve given her 400k!

Chinelo Nebe

March 25, 2019 at 7:04 am

My dear, please read the post and watch the video…The money was not given to her and she was also advised by her parents to let go.

Thompson Ken

March 25, 2019 at 9:12 am

The money was not given to her o .

Nwachukwu Ezinne Kate

March 25, 2019 at 10:12 am

Chinelo Nebe, this lady is damn right! She is supposed to be recognized as her manager. She is to be paid on percentage level. She is a vessel that God used. This schools sending kids happens everyday both in community and private schools. So was just lucky and hers was aired. This school success attends has been recognized and on reconstruction. So why is it hard for this girl to be recognized and also benefit from the financial life change. Sentiments apart, she is not greedy, she deserves better

Decha Ruti

March 25, 2019 at 2:36 pm

Nkechi Udeala wia u aware dat dey neva wanted t compensate her at all?
      Its bcos she complained dat dey decided t give her 400k of which we r human…u dat is talking how many pple ve u uploaded dia video even if its for mockery….
      Or r u telling me dia r no one in need around u?
      Swear dat if its u…after ur uploaded dat went viral n gain millions n ambassadorship for dat gal…dat u wil be OK with 400k…

Nkechi Udeala

March 25, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Decha Ruti not everyone is as greedy as you are.

Decha Ruti

March 25, 2019 at 2:43 pm

Nkechi Udeala I knw…ur full of pretense…so further comment…

Nkechi Udeala

March 25, 2019 at 2:43 pm

Look, if she made a video, saying; ‘I am the one that helped success o, I need help too. Delta state government, I need a job, I need money for my business’ , do you know she would have gotten more than 5 million? People would have contributed. Now that she’s gotten 500k, mr jollof deserves 100k.

Nkechi Udeala

March 25, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Decha Ruti do you know me? No

Decha Ruti

March 25, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Nkechi Udeala hahaha… So dat wat u would ve done?…broadcasting for job n stuff… Lol n u call me greed..Chai!
      Wit dis comment I ve seen u would ve…done worst dan her if its u…
      And yes I now u cos ur comment has said a lot…

Oghene Nyore

March 25, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Lilient Oderele

March 25, 2019 at 7:47 pm

Hhmmmm if men were God

Adanne E Ike

March 25, 2019 at 9:32 pm

Manager how,the small girl don open company? Is too early for her to ask for anything. God has ordained that day for this girl if she wasn’t used God will surely use another person to fulfill that which He has written concerning success.

7. Naza Fog

Naza Fog

March 25, 2019 at 3:38 am

If not you thier is no success so I challenge you to be her manager. He parent contributed nothing to her fame

Adaku Chibuzor

March 25, 2019 at 7:59 am

They have birth to her, sent her to school b4 the fame.

8. Mngohol Ukpi Grace Gwaza

Mngohol Ukpi Grace Gwaza

March 25, 2019 at 5:08 am

They own her nothing. This is low key bribery.

9. Illesanmi Toyin Enitan

Illesanmi Toyin Enitan

March 25, 2019 at 6:00 am

Collect the money like that and let go after all you did not do it to be rewarded but thank God they got help by your influence and for your information God works in mysterious ways, if not you God would hve still done what he wants to do, about they should give you all the money ni

10. Arni Ehmma

Arni Ehmma

March 25, 2019 at 6:57 am

She is just a cheap and greedy girl looking for attention.

Copied

Majemite Rosemary Orede

March 25, 2019 at 7:58 am

U are selfish

Amara Okoye

March 25, 2019 at 8:09 am

Arni Ehmma Y would u say that
      There was ntin implying that it was made to mock her

Chinenye Umeh

March 25, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Chaiiiiii this comment eeehhhhhh in short kam close eh onu m

Rose Jacob

March 25, 2019 at 1:55 pm

Even if her aim was to mock her or whichever way u put it, but for d fact that God positioned her there at that very moment…. She is d real deal Here…..because if not for her all of us won’t be talking about success now……

To me she is just an angel…. She deserves appreciation biko

Decha Ruti

March 25, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Pple n dia plastic mentality… She u dey her mind to knw she uploaded for mockery…tatafo

Ese Zoe

March 25, 2019 at 9:54 pm

Arni Ehmma, if no one supports you I do. No one is saying the Lady shouldn’t be appreciated, it’s not a must for her to be. If Success’ parents didn’t appreciate her she should leave it for God who allowed such opportunity come their way. She was only a vessel, God could have used anyone else. The Lady shouldn’t act for God, no need to come online to speak about it, God who made it happen thru you will also know how to reward you.

Arni Ehmma

March 25, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Blah blah blah see them…

People upload all sorts on social media – from fights to accidents… Anything. Which planet are y’all coming from that y’all think Ms. Stephanie did something special??

Let’s say money was not involved. Let’s say, people only paid them visits. Would madam have asked people to also appreciate abi compensate her with visits because she made the girl popular???

There’s something about many Nigerians with greed.

Arni Ehmma

March 25, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Decha Ruti it’s very easy to see through her intentions but if you can’t then it’s nobody’s fault that that went over your head.
      It’s a pity

Arni Ehmma

March 25, 2019 at 10:26 pm

Chidinma Nwafor if God used her to bless the poor girl, why can’t she wait for God to bless her too?

What are we even saying sef… What does the Bible say about helping the poor?

My issue here is her feeling of entitlement! Why is she harassing that family for appreciation?

And having appreciated her sef with about half a million naira, madam is demanding more.

All you in support of such greed, it just says a lot about you

Arni Ehmma

March 25, 2019 at 10:37 pm

Amara Okoye
      1. Success is her NEIGHBOR. She dare video a little child’s unfortunate situation and without parent’s consent, post it on social media for laughter.
      2. The fees was 900 Nine hundred naira. She could’ve helped if she wanted.
      3. She said in an interview that it was initially for fun sake that she made the video.
      Shebi if nothing good came out of it all, the parents, her neighbors wouldn’t be embarrassed that they couldn’t afford 900 naira.

Mxxm

Arni Ehmma

March 25, 2019 at 10:40 pm

Majemite Rosemary Orede may greed not be your undoing

Arni Ehmma

March 25, 2019 at 10:42 pm

Chinenye Umeh I’m sure your mouth looks better closed.

11. Merelyn Douglas

Merelyn Douglas

March 25, 2019 at 7:08 am

They owe you nothing, you aren’t the first person to upload a video of someone that when viral, so why can’t you be content with the 400k offered to you. Was there any written agreement between you and the parents??

Decha Ruti

March 25, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Merelyn Douglas as if its u…u wil be contented with 400k dat u actually ve t complain before it was given t u…knowing fully well millions d video is generating…
      I knw dis gal would ve gently accepted d money if she didn’t ve t ask for it…
      Anyways tnk God cos he has seen her heart n she is been rewarded wit acar n cask ad well

12. Jenny Ochukalu

Jenny Ochukalu

March 25, 2019 at 7:17 am

Please all those saying she should be her manager, is she going to manage the money giving for success education till any level or to manage what?

13. Amaka Eziagwu

Amaka Eziagwu

March 25, 2019 at 7:25 am

She should appreciate het

14. Elizabeth Omolabake Odeyemi

Elizabeth Omolabake Odeyemi

March 25, 2019 at 7:30 am

15. Eugenia Anajamba

Eugenia Anajamba

March 25, 2019 at 7:42 am

This lady is jus a greedy fellow. 400k is damn to enuf to appreciate you and not to compensate u. It seems u are now jelouse of d girl fame, sure u regretted uploading DAT video DAT brought about her success. Madam abeg hide ur face Moor.

16. Majemite Rosemary Orede

Majemite Rosemary Orede

March 25, 2019 at 7:58 am

Without been told the should done that

17. Nwachukwu Ezinne Kate

Nwachukwu Ezinne Kate

March 25, 2019 at 8:07 am

This lady is damn right! She is supposed to be recognized as her manager. She is to be paid on percentage level. She is a vessel that God used. This schools sending kids happens everyday both in community and private schools. So was just lucky and hers was aired. This school success attends has been recognized and on reconstruction. So why is it hard for this girl to be recognized and also benefit from the financial life change. Sentiments apart, she is not greedy, she deserves better

Boma Anikwe

March 25, 2019 at 5:39 pm

You’re intelligent! I was too stunned to hear that she’s begging for recognition.. People are mean . That’s all . At least she deserves something substantial.
      I’m waiting to hear from “opposition “…lol!

Owoicho Justina

March 25, 2019 at 7:14 pm

True dear she deserve appreciation

18. Eunice Asogbon

Eunice Asogbon

March 25, 2019 at 8:07 am

She said she wants to teach success how to speak English and to dress well, why is she not doing that to help the girl before now, when money is now involve she suddenly want to become her teacher and wardrobe manager, let her leave the family with the one given to her and pray for her own helper.

19. Mary Clems

Mary Clems

March 25, 2019 at 8:08 am

Can we help others in life without expecting something in return NEVER?Welcome to Nigeria CONFUSED GENERATION

20. Amina Yahaya

Amina Yahaya

March 25, 2019 at 8:56 am

This lady has disappointed me. I didn’t expect her to expect any compensation. Her video of Success went viral and received positive reactions which should have given her an inner satisfaction. She should just receive the appreciation offered to her. It’s shameful the way she is going about this issue.

21. Jonah Shekwolo

Jonah Shekwolo

March 25, 2019 at 9:28 am

I think smart media outfits should see in her an asset of investigative journalism.

22. Bisi Funmilayo Oguntola Onawola

Bisi Funmilayo Oguntola Onawola

March 25, 2019 at 9:41 am

why? many people have done such here in Nigeria and did not look back. she did not post it for help to success, she posted it for success hilarious display afterall. if success patent gave her thank you no problem but for her to demand is wrong. she is only mortgaging for own future help

23. Annie-ifie Theophilus Oki

Annie-ifie Theophilus Oki

March 25, 2019 at 9:56 am

She should be compensated without being told sef.. She’s d means through which success got success.. Twas her time .. Phone and data.. They should recognise her biko..

24. Hope Mbamalu

Hope Mbamalu

March 25, 2019 at 11:05 am

OK ooooo carry success dey go ur house, it wasn’t as if u bothered paying the 900 for her to return to school, u laughed all the video now u won’t 1m compensation for what, abeg pack with the 400 u where offered and cry to the government for better Job.

25. Bright Akan Okodi

Bright Akan Okodi

March 25, 2019 at 12:27 pm

See you dey give 400,000 u dey reject am if me i see 100,000 as i dey hear now
    I go start small business

26. Adasa Ali

Adasa Ali

March 25, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Nawa o for u. B4 u should put this video on social media did u ask for the permission of her pareent. Its a crime to do that. Better shotup ur mouth n collect the money

27. Ovonomo Evaresta Ayambare

Ovonomo Evaresta Ayambare

March 25, 2019 at 10:16 pm

Success mother and father are the example of Nigeria mother and father 🙄

28. Joycee Olushola

Joycee Olushola

March 26, 2019 at 7:22 am

No instead she should be charged for child abuse

29. Susan Oluwaseyi Duntoye

Susan Oluwaseyi Duntoye

March 26, 2019 at 2:39 pm

Madam for me it’s best u don’t show ur greed to d world, YES everyone appreciate d fact dat Success got help tru ur video which U r d tool God used! Or would u say it’s ur effort? U wer only d tool God used! Yes well meaning Nigerians even d media would appreciate u in der way? For example d guy dat started dis “O to ge movement in kwara state” he didn’t go abt asking d media sorted d guy out! Pls don’t hold d girls parents ransom bcos even d video u made LIKE U SAID” WAS MADE FOR FUN! “u wanted to make a joke out of d little girls situation but God in His mercy turned d humiliation into a testimony so Y would u want to take credit or get paid for being used by God? Whatever u r given appreciate it ND let God bless u more (physically u will see it).
    That’s d problem wit Nigerians greed, D family never sent u ND dey don’t Owe u any explanation, let d world speak for you, How many talents have been found by foreigners and they don’t go on social media demanding for money but at d end dey get compensated even from pple dat r not related to d case! I’m not saying u won’t get something but pls don’t let ur greed ND eagerness destroy wat u deserve at d end loose everything!

30. Nina Ella Porshe

Nina Ella Porshe

March 27, 2019 at 9:23 am

Please bring the 400k to me. Simple

31. Vera Tee Barki

Vera Tee Barki

March 27, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Don’t be mislead by what people are telling you take what is been given to you and appreciate God.