Weddings

She Wanted A Very Private Wedding But It Was Impossible To Ignore Family And Friends

We can totally relate to Mariam Bakare desire to have a very private wedding but couldn’t because of the many family members and friends that cannot be ignored.

A very private person, Mariam had her wedding few days ago and her plan was to have her parents and the groom’s parents with three friends each but considering the many people who have impacted her life in different ways, she had to let down her guard.

Her story is so relatable. Read it below

If I were to chose, I would have loved to have my wedding on the days where there was no social media, because I’m so private to the point where I honestly don’t know certain things about my self 😭but we have made lifetime friends via this platform and it’s only right that we do right by them by sharing our happy moments with them because that’s what friends do.

How were they supposed to miss my big day? It took a long time for me to accept that they were supposed to share this joyous day with us but by the time I did, it was already too late for me to properly plan a wedding, so we started doing wuru wuru.

Initially I wanted every vendor to be a family member or a friend or at least someone I knew but I had to mix old and new all together.

Check out her beautiful pictures

View this post on Instagram

PART 2 If I were to chose, I would have loved to have my wedding on the days where there was no social media, because I’m so private to the point where I honestly don’t know certain things about my self 😭but we have made lifetime friends via this platform and it’s only right that we do right by them by sharing our happy moments with them because that’s what friends do . We originally wanted to have our wedding during the month of Ramadan on a Monday on the Island with just our parents and 3 friends each, because we believe that being private cuts away as much negativity as possible and I also believe that evil eye is real (call me old school dun care 🚶🏻‍♀️) . Lol but that was a battle we couldn’t win, what would happen to all the aunties that used to send me money when I was broke? The neighbor that had to baby sit me and change my diaper when my mum was not home, My favorite cousins that used to help me eat my Eba when I was young so that I would not get into trouble for not finishing my food? The friends that we read for exams together and I passed because of them ? The friends that helped me submit assignment when I couldn’t go to class for one reason or the other? The aunties that always give me their baff ups so I could slay at events? The aunties that used to take me to birthday parties when I was young? The aunty that bought me my first body spray and diary? . How were they supposed to miss my big day? It took a long time for me to accept that they were supposed to share this joyous day with usbut by the time I did, it was already too late for me to properly plan a wedding, so we started doing wuru wuru . Initially I wanted every vendor to be a family member or a friend or at least someone I knew but I had to mix old and new all together . Now let’s start with @tmtbylayinka I called her last week at about 9 pm to book a slot, when she said she would be available I screamed for joy, fast forward to today, she kept to time! And she was too pleasant, I had a surprise in the middle of the make up and used tears to almost scatter the whole thing but she was just there smiling, like as if she was already expecting it, TBC…..

A post shared by Mariam Bakre (@mory_coco) on

View this post on Instagram

Congrats @femibakre & @mory_coco. . #FMB19

A post shared by Tobi Bakre (@tobibakre) on

———————————————————————————————————————

Join a community of women living authentically & thriving in spite of life’s pains & pressures!–> @dearyoungnaijawoman

DEAR YOUNG NAIJA WOMAN, CLICK!

1. Oluwaseun Margaret Adekanmi

Oluwaseun Margaret Adekanmi

April 27, 2019 at 8:07 am

Sincerely having a private wedding is the best. You journey with little people. There will be less of monitoring spirit

2. Cisca Francis

Cisca Francis

April 27, 2019 at 8:26 am

Beautiful plain and pattern materials for your Native and English wear @ an affordable price..send a dm/ call 08141511645…Are you a corper, housewife, undergraduate looking for a lucrative business you can start up with little money…..Here is a huge opportunity for you ….. Join our wholesales team and be your own boss with just 20k for a start, watch it grow and trust me, u will never regret it……… https://chat.whatsapp.com/JEF827LzyduFJRXZMBRWRI

3. Queen Vikk

Queen Vikk

April 27, 2019 at 10:09 am

Wow, that’s just the best

4. Wealthy Efe

Wealthy Efe

April 27, 2019 at 10:51 am

Toh

5. Aisha Iman LovingAllah

Aisha Iman LovingAllah

April 27, 2019 at 11:00 am

A healthy marriage is more important than a Wealthy wedding.

6. Haleemah Taofique

Haleemah Taofique

April 27, 2019 at 1:09 pm

I feel your struggle, I dread the day myself. I haven’t even met the man and the guest list is prepared.

7. Ayegbusi Tomilola

Ayegbusi Tomilola

April 27, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Stop wasting money on fake chebe powder and oil, when the effective chebe powder and oil is here! Purely from Chad!
    Are you tired of:
    Hair breakage
    Dandruff
    Itching
    Redundant growth
    Hard hair?
    And you want your hair to be:
    Dandruff free
    Itching free
    Full and long
    Soft and shine?
    Contact me for original Chebe powder and oil.

Buy and testify

8. Ayomide Olushola Adewunmi

Ayomide Olushola Adewunmi

April 27, 2019 at 1:57 pm

this is my twin jare! #lowkeymariagesarethebest

9. Queen Blessing David

Queen Blessing David

April 27, 2019 at 2:03 pm

I support you on that.

10. Princess Oluwadamilola Dammypweety

Princess Oluwadamilola Dammypweety

April 27, 2019 at 2:09 pm

I want something like this for myself in future a private ceremony

11. Zainab Olabisi Abake

Zainab Olabisi Abake

April 27, 2019 at 4:46 pm

I like you jare… My twinii

12. Akinloluwa Tobiloba

Akinloluwa Tobiloba

April 27, 2019 at 5:07 pm

You said low key right???
    But u are all over d place😂
    Infact all d people dat attended d wedding pictures are on social media including u and ur husband… Mrs white ain’t seeing anything private here🙄

13. Afolabi Damilola Helen

Afolabi Damilola Helen

April 28, 2019 at 1:24 am

You people dont read stories before u judge. Biko the headline has said it all.. She wanted something low and very private but she couldn’t because a lot of people were part of her lives and they were there for her when she needed them… You all should know that interviews will definitely go viral… Beautiful bride I can relate with your story jare.. May God bless your new home with lots of goodies. Amen

14. Shalom Ogbonnaya

Shalom Ogbonnaya

April 28, 2019 at 6:56 am

I support her on that

15. Pelumi Ibironke

Pelumi Ibironke

April 28, 2019 at 8:20 pm

I love private wedding too, nd i will surely have one